Page 171 of 224 FirstFirst ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 5587
    didn't get a place this year...dog passed away and I have a FourWheelCamper on my truck so the plan is for the wife & I to just rough it in the camper at the hot springs

probably travel more this year so might even make it up to this place called Tahoe
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    looks knee high and about 30 ft out, is it bigger/ further than that?
    The guy driving the truck who is a surfer said that the breaking wave is chest high. Then he used the term "punchy". Guess he was describing the wave other than the size?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    The guy driving the truck who is a surfer said that the breaking wave is chest high. Then he used the term "punchy". Guess he was describing the wave other than the size?
    Yeah, that dude sounds like a kook. I wouldn't take lessons from him. In fact, you might want to keep you distance. He sounds a bit dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    didn't get a place this year...dog passed away and I have a FourWheelCamper on my truck so the plan is for the wife & I to just rough it in the camper at the hot springs

probably travel more this year so might even make it up to this place called Tahoe
    Maybe I see y'all at KW. I'll be chilling w my son most days until February or so. But then I might be getting out and about to some big boy spots. I show ya the side country if I'm feeling healthy. Get out into little AK. Fuck. Thread drift. Sorry folks. Must be the broken ankle talking.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    oh fuck the cuntinator has found its way to the surf forum....there goes the neighborhood ugh

MrMan=Rog for anyone living under a rock for his last 600 posts
    This^^^^^^^post is a perfect candidate for the "things that are douchey" thread in the PR.

Seeing some of your posts, my impression of you is you remind me of one of those little tiny dogs that women carry around in a purse or a coat pocket that are small enough to shit in a cocktail napkin. All high pitched yippy yappy and whatnot.

So glad your back Roger, can't wait to hear what else you have to say
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

You boys need a surf off. Bear here ain't a surfer, so he will need a stand in. Perhaps the guy in the truck. But I understands he just surfs cause it is good to go out and surf with your friends. So, maybe cancel.

And wait till their is swell. Everyone knows there is no surf in the east.

Sorry to hear about your dog pw7. He/she had a good life thanks to you.

I'm down for a surf off but surfing requires strength, balance & coordination...not sure our non-surfing new friend is up to it

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dog pw7. He/she had a good life thanks to you.
    Right on thank you sir, 17 years of criss crossing the country and going on adventures together...it was extremely difficult to say goodbye

17 years is fantastic for a dog. Lucky you to of had your best friend around that long, even if she did roll in bear shit once in awhile
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    You boys need a surf off. Bear here ain't a surfer, so he will need a stand in. Perhaps the guy in the truck. But I understands he just surfs cause it is good to go out and surf with your friends. So, maybe cancel.

And wait till their is swell. Everyone knows there is no surf in the east.
    Truck driver guy could be game. He loves his booze tho. I've heard he can really surf despite just having a shitty old board.

With winter coming I thought I'd share a pic that he sent me from last February at York beach. He told me it was head and a half, whatever that means, on the sets and he surfed it alone for 2 hours till a buddy showed up who continued to surf solo for another 2 hours.

Now i I don't know much, but this looks pretty good with no one out. Is this normal? Pics I see from California and Hawaii always look crowded when the waves look good. That doesn't seem ideal to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	444.5 KB 
ID:	216189

Fuck. Me. Running with scissors. OB was not close to head high today at low tide, even though Surfline said head high to DOH. A nearby nook/cranny was absolutely cracking. Head high to well overhead, sucking sand, occasionally right into rocks. The Lib Tech ...Lost Puddle Jumper is such fun in that shit. I just found the place last year, so I probably can't post pictures of it. 12 People on Dead's today, Ft Point had a ton of people changing out of wetsuits after dusk, so I'm guessing it was on as well...

Anyone got a cure for poison oak other then Prednisone? Got a nasty case going on from sliding down a hillside just outside Santa Cruz.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Don't you know not to touch any living plant surface in Santa Cruz. It is likely to be the oak.

Paddle out w/o suit helps dry it out.

Warm salt bath. Caladryl or what ever that stuff is called. Time.

I'm curious about your nook. I imagine it was protected from s winds. It was victory at sea down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Don't you know not to touch any living plant surface in Santa Cruz. It is likely to be the oak.
    Ha! That shit is everywhere out there!

For my last day in Hawaii I kooked it up at Hookipa. Fun times! For a while there seemed to be as many turtles in the lineup as people. Now back to regularly scheduled programming of cold water beach breaks.

Name:	IMG_0608.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	216499

Well done. Make sure you hit up The Fish Market for a fishwich before you leave(NOT Mama's, The Fish Market). Almost drown there as a newb. Albeit, in just slightly larger conditions, but fond memories.

Yeah, I don't tangle with plants so much, but I was tired of eyeing up this one spot, and had no idea how to get in. I parked on Highway 1, huffed it through some kind of produce field, then realized I was way to far south of the reef. Ducking behind shrubs for passing cars, then sliding down a goatpath to get to another beach. Whaddya know, there's a road into the actual break, I just could never find it. Live and learn, but live with poison oak. I'm sure people were laughing at me as I huffed it back 1 barefoot for a mile.

Variable winds today at OB, but 11am-2pm were offshore-sideoff. Under head high, but super fun. Went back to the casa, swapped wetsuits and went to Dead's, looked small but definitely breaking. Empty. WTF? Did a quick mass text, no takers. Ft Point was flat. Back to Dead's, suck it up and paddle out alone. First real set that came through was bigger than anything at OB. Another 2 hours there, three people trickled out. My arms are shot.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I think I posted that pic from the fish market actually. Destroying some fish and beer post surfs is where it’s at. Caught up with an old friend tonight at Rock N Brews over many rounds. She moved here from SF in 2011. Not a bad move.

Oh, and she told me that Paige Alms works at the fish market on thursdays. Crazy.

Here's a couple from January 2017 for Whitekingbuzzkill from where he claims to spend so much of his time.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 215
Size:  89.2 KB
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 214
Size:  106.1 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	283.5 KB 
ID:	216552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	424.8 KB 
ID:	216553  

Name:	received_10155865632584350.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	398.3 KB 
ID:	216585 last jan 2017...weekend off from seining squid visiting a good friend at his ranch..easy 30 ft faces and 100 ft offshore spray.. jalama ca

Oh come the fuck on dude. Do you expect anyone to actually believe you have friends? Please post realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingbuzzkill View Post

Name:	received_10155865632584350.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	398.3 KB 
ID:	216585 last jan 2017...weekend on the pipe visiting a good imaginary friend at his lab..easy 30 ft faces and 100mph offshore winds... jajajaja ca
    FIFY

3 day weekend in socal last weekend with some decent swell

Good stuff dfinn.

That looks fun.