Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 179 180 181 182 183 184
Results 4,576 to 4,586 of 4586
    Yesterday was fun from 2nd Lot to Taravel on the drift. Several spots with nice peaks. Parking lot at Sloat on the way back, ran into one of the kids from the very first City Surf Project class. All smiles and stoke.

Looks like we are into a solid swell pattern. The spots around the corner have been pretty dormant lately, and this should change that. I love this time of year!!!
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Oceanside Harbor yesterday morning. Super Fun Peaky Not very crowded Great time of year

It's pumping in Orange County again. It has been a good summer and fall.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Been decent here this last week. I would not call it pumping. Too many swells. Most of these spots outside of time prefer one solid swell. Not four almost solid swells. That said, we did get some size over the weekend. And I buckled the nose of my shortboard yesterday. So that sucks with the string of moderate swells lined up. Gonna be on my step up or egg for those. Oh well. Nice that things have been turning on in the npac finally.

Any of you guys in Bay Area hitting this tonight? It's $75, but the swag bag contains a Yeti Rambler, and then there's the free sauce...

https://www.tetongravity.com/films/f...esented-by-rei

^^^ having a kid in Santa Cruz, I think Iíve been to one ski flick in the last 7 years. So, nope. To bad, as I used to have fun at those. For $16. Geez, $75.

Anyone here every ride, try or seen an Evolved board? Iím looking at them because they are cheap and made here. But Iím trying to get an idea on workmanship. I can talk with the shop about design, but hoping to get an unbiased opinion on quality of shaping, glass and finish.

Iíll repair my buckle, but that board is pretty much shot and I need to get something fresh under my legs. Or we need to finally get some real surf and be done with this small stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^ having a kid in Santa Cruz, I think Iíve been to one ski flick in the last 7 years. So, nope. To bad, as I used to have fun at those. For $16. Geez, $75.

Anyone here every ride, try or seen an Evolved board? Iím looking at them because they are cheap and made here. But Iím trying to get an idea on workmanship. I can talk with the shop about design, but hoping to get an unbiased opinion on quality of shaping, glass and finish.

Iíll repair my buckle, but that board is pretty much shot and I need to get something fresh under my legs. Or we need to finally get some real surf and be done with this small stuff.
    As a new family man, I slept through it. The opening. Got the last thirty minutes of the film and three Yeti pieces. A wash, financially. The cocktails at Boulevard made it a loss, but goddamn those are great cocktails.

Evolved has been in the works. Their customer service is lacking. What exactly are you wanting?

If you can fix a buckle, you're way ahead of 99.9% on here. I'm still struggling to clear the damage from my Lib Tech from when they called security on me in Cabo.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    As a new family man, I slept through it. The opening. Got the last thirty minutes of the film and three Yeti pieces. A wash, financially. The cocktails at Boulevard made it a loss, but goddamn those are great cocktails.

Evolved has been in the works. Their customer service is lacking. What exactly are you wanting?

If you can fix a buckle, you're way ahead of 99.9% on here. I'm still struggling to clear the damage from my Lib Tech from when they called security on me in Cabo.
    I used to shape boards as a kid. So general fiberglass repair is not too hard. I donít worry about the ascetics of a repair to much. Also, more of a crease than a full buckle. No stringer or foam damage and only on deck and rails. No crease on the bottom. About 18Ē from the nose. Any worse and Iíd just throw the board away. Want to fix it as a back up.

I donít mind crappy customer service if the $300 board is well built.

Looking for a 30-32L around 6.0. About 19.5 wise. General use shortboard for a 190# old guy who likes gnar.

Iím borrowing a friends FireWire. 6.4 w 35.4L. I expect it to be fine as a loaner, but too much foam for a daily driver. That is more of my groveler volume.

Spent the last couple weeks in the OC catching both Sergio and Rosa. This last week especially has been such fun size waves. Monday was such a sleeper day with almost nobody out and Tuesday was a little busier but also a little bigger and just seemed to be one of those sessions where I was sitting in the right spot away from the main crowds and the biggest set waves were coming to me. Too bad Friday was affected by the winds as much as it was, seemed like it was going to be THE morning. Sticking mostly far lookers left at Barbs.

Ott - My brother in LA has a couple of evolved boards. Honestly quality wasn't the best that is for sure. I wouldn't buy one based on fondling and a few surfs on it. But that was a few years ago, so I would expect the quality to be much better now. Have not seen a recent build. Hard to beat the price if that is what you are after. Could ask for a more durable glass/cloth.