Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 180 181 182 183 184 185
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 4620
    ^^^Ya, I here you, but the surf right out front of the lower dorms is stellar. I had a great session today. Head high + sets were pretty consistent. Best day I have had in a long time. Slowly getting back into surfing shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

There's also a public college in SD with dorms a short walk from a pretty nice beach break...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

If you can afford it the best surf school in CA are ucsd and pepperdine

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    If you say so. I would rather have Abs just a short walk away from the dorm at PLNC then a truck down and up the hill for Scripps/Blacks and driving to Malibu from Pepperdine, really?
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Blacks is all time when going off... who cares about the walk.... the drive to the beach from pepperdine... omg the horror.

San Diego received it's first legit NW swell of the winter today. Head high and pluses on the sets. Kind of spooky surfing in the fog at the start of the morning. Glad the sun finally came out.

Name:  delmar 10-27-18.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  181.7 KB

Looks like more NW arriving tomorrow for us. I think this one is Steele and might not et down to you.

Damn souths keep pumping. Chose to chase the 2.3@17 SW instead of the 4.2@11 NW today. Found plenty of barrels and fast steep sections. Really enjoying the Slab as a quad in that type of wave. Gets in early, and up to speed quickly. Just want to chop about 8Ē off the nose and make that thing short.

Still looking for crisp juice. Town had some crispness, as did the points west. North had sickness on it again.

Fucking been waves head high or more for a weeks now. Autumn rules.

Waves were cranking this morning at my home break. Buoy was 10 ft 14 seconds. Paddled out and the outside sets were double overhead plus. Caught a few good ones before a closeout caught all of us inside. One board snapped and one leash snapped after we all took the wave on the head. I duck dived under it and miraculously came through and could feel it pulling me back in. Should have epic surf for the rest of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    That's the most kook statement ever. Really, Blacks and Malibu? Two of the most crowded and overrated spots on all of California?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Lots of great surf up n down pch and sd...

Question for all you surfers living with too many boards in small spaces: I'm living in an apartment above a garage. Plenty of room for me. For the past four months, I've been keeping my boards in the garage, but now the homeowners will be putting their cars in the garage for the winter, dramatically cutting down my space for four boards under 6'6 and a 9'6 board. Any suggestions to make a compact rack or hanging system that minimizes holes in the wall? I can put boards in my apartment, but that's up and down stairs, which ensures some dings. Thanks. Thoughts?

Me, I would bring them in the house if the garage is out. Would the landlord be opposed to you putting a rack up on the garage wall to access the boards? I made mine from two pieces of 2X4 and wooden dowel stock. Cut two pieces of 2X4 to the length needed. Drill holes for .50" dowel stock into the narrow edge side of the 2X4 which you rest the boards on after wrapping with pipe insulation. Mount 2X4's into wall studs with two screws. Easy to patch the holes once you move.

I have a horizontal rack basically just like described above. Iíve also built vertical ones basically the same way. With a vertical, you want some sort of soft foam for the rails to sit in. Vertical could work if you hung the long boards from the ceiling. If it is open rafter, all you need are eye hooks and a bungee cord. I hang my longboard under my deck that way.

Is keeping boards outside safe where you are? Like, do you live off the road and donít see visitors? You can attach a horizontal rack to the outside of the structure. Or build a frame for it, and cover with a tarp. Just want to keep the sun off the boards and ideally off the tarp.

Outside is an option, but it gets so damn cold here. I think I'll be installing a vertical rack in the apt, after a little shifting of furniture. boards and skis will welcome visitors nicely i suppose.

Very fun mid-day session at 28th street today. I had a window and thought the tide would be too high, but it was head high and clean, lined up 100 yard lefts off the jetty. There were only two other guys at the jetty. An awesome sleeper session. When you get a Newport jetty head high with almost no one out that is a rare treat.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by alev View Post
    Question for all you surfers living with too many boards in small spaces: I'm living in an apartment above a garage. Plenty of room for me. For the past four months, I've been keeping my boards in the garage, but now the homeowners will be putting their cars in the garage for the winter, dramatically cutting down my space for four boards under 6'6 and a 9'6 board. Any suggestions to make a compact rack or hanging system that minimizes holes in the wall? I can put boards in my apartment, but that's up and down stairs, which ensures some dings. Thanks. Thoughts?
    I bought some racks off eBay. Think they were wakeboard. Not cheap. Classy metal brackets with padded arms. Keeps the boards horizontal at an angle, each rack holds four. The one in the living room has three big guns and a shortboard, so they are pretty strong. Make sure you mount into studs, obviously.

Anyone else get some today...?

In Cabo this coming Sunday through Thursday for a quick Baja vacation. Forecast looking decent. Then Costa Rica at the end of November / early December. Pumped to get in the ocean again.

Yaaaa pavones

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    In Cabo this coming Sunday through Thursday for a quick Baja vacation. Forecast looking decent. Then Costa Rica at the end of November / early December. Pumped to get in the ocean again.
    Dude, get yourself to the east cape, forecast looks epic this week, scoring!!

We landed in Costa Rica Saturday night, just had an awesome session at Guiones this morning. Beach break lining up with some super fun long rides. Now if we can just figure out a way to move here...I'll be here until December, where you headed to Sluff?

There's a huge house made into a small hotel next to our surf house that's for sale for only 200k in pavones.... best break in cr. Anyways sad day to see the Malibu coast all burned.... Leo is gone.