Page 168 of 224 FirstFirst ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 5589
    Some duche bag English dude decided to fist fight with a local at OB over "burning multiple people," ie me and the english dude. I barely made the wave for my time and I'm sure the local didn't see me based on past surfing experiences with him.

Fuck you English asshole for ruining the good vibes for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Some duche bag English dude decided to fist fight with a local at OB over "burning multiple people," ie me and the english dude. I barely made the wave for my time and I'm sure the local didn't see me based on past surfing experiences with him.

Fuck you English asshole for ruining the good vibes for everyone.
    Where did this happen, and at what time? I took two neighbors out and we surfed Irving to Beach Chalet, but I think we got in the water about the same time as you posted this.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I imagine OB had been fun with this diablo flow.

Another south filling in. Two best souths of the year is seems. Of course I've got a busted ankle.

The NPAC gets real active this week as well. No big long period swells yet forecast, but autumn is here.

Might even see rain later this week. That would be good for the fires.

And NorCal, don't let some douche local drop in on you. Once they start, they never stop. (Grain of salt here).

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Where did this happen, and at what time? I took two neighbors out and we surfed Irving to Beach Chalet, but I think we got in the water about the same time as you posted this.
    Up in Kelly's, about lined up with the second set of stairs.

And that local dude doesn't just go and drop in on people.
    Last edited by NorCalNomad; 10-17-2017 at 11:47 AM.

I use to love surfing at a spot south of Garbage at Sunset Cliffs, but one day some local D bag really got under my skin and I haven't been back in years. I wish we still had "Frontier Justice" where assholes could be shot and no one really cared because they were the town prick.

O and a new SW swell arrives tomorrow. When will the first NW swell of the season get here is what I want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I get out of my cast after thanksgiving, so I figure that it will be a late start for the NW this year.

Toyota Taco with a Kelly Locals sticker? That guy does way more than drop in on people. Chuckle.

I don't know how long is long for you, OTT, but Magicseaweed is calling 12'@18 Friday morning. That'll get your blood moving at OB. Especially on sets...Time will tell with the wind. May have to tuck my dick in and get out of the wind.

OB has been fun, but small. Can't really say the season has started till someone get's airlifted off Seal Rock.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Saw that after I posted. I find stormsurf tends to be a bit more accurate, so 10@17. Still plenty for these parts. Could even seen a period of light winds as a low moves through. Might not even go south. A bit will get to SoCal. I'd check it from the cliff Friday, except for that rain. Hoping that happens and we put a damper on Napa and now Boulder Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I'd check it from the cliff Friday, except for that rain. Hoping that happens and we put a damper on Napa and now Boulder Creek.
    Don't think the rain will make it's way into the Bay on Friday. :/ I was hoping for the same thing.

New South not really showing up in Malibu/Ventura. West wind did though. Disappointing afternoon.

Tomorrow though, hope springs eternal. Tomorrow! Tomorrow there will (hopefully) be waves.

Swell started showing in San Diego around 11am. Every twenty minutes or so the sets would come in. Around chest with a few head high ones
    Should be fun tomorrow but a fat tide at mid morning doesn't help
    Wind stayed calm until I left today.
    Beautiful fall day with some fun snappy beachbreak
    Pretty fun. Had toe surgery Sept 13 so this was my first day back

Congrats on a first day back in Texass. I'm aiming for mid December.

Ocean looked good in SC today. I caught a glimpse and there was swell showing in the harbor, something is hitting.

Forecast still shows a chance for rain. I'm going with the hopeful. We need some. As much as I don't want rain until Christmas this year, I still want it Friday.

Got smokey in SC yesterday with the BC fire going. We've seen some from the Napa fires, but proximity is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I use to love surfing at a spot south of Garbage at Sunset Cliffs, but one day some local D bag really got under my skin and I haven't been back in years. I wish we still had "Frontier Justice" where assholes could be shot and no one really cared because they were the town prick.

O and a new SW swell arrives tomorrow. When will the first NW swell of the season get here is what I want to know.
    Are you referring to a semi secret spot that's in front of PLNU? On the right swell and tide it's a regional classic. A barreling right with a hollow inside section. If so, you may have met "Irate Nate". Longtime local asshole. Here's a write up on him.

http://www.sandiegomagazine.com/San-...Surf-And-Turf/

My folks live on Hill Street, just down from Sunset view elementary, so when I'm down visiting the cliffs is a convenient choice. But some spots aren't worth the hassle.

lol "Irate Nate" what a fucking clown, I bet he isn't so irate as he is being rear naked choked into unconsciousness...anyway, teh the waves are here and the kooks are on it
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Few waves coming in head high on a beach on catalina... only access is by boat.

YAWN....fun shit today 😁

More boat wake from yesterday

West Oregon (46002) showing 15' at 16s right now. Even if it's all blown out tomorrow it'll be nice to get some sand moving at the beach

http://www.stormsurf.com/cgi-bin/shiro.cgi?a=46002

Wait till it hits a CDEP. The 02 picks up all swell and reports cumulative values. It does break data down into different swells, but the software is not sophisticated. A good portion of that height may be lesser period swell. And that period could also be the S working through.

Regardless, this looks like the first solid swell of the season. If it is solid enough to really get into town, there will be combo energy. Morning especially, but looks like it will be good down here Fri/Sat. It would be worth looking at the breaks near Dport Saturday morning. Tide will be a little low at sunrise but optimum mid morning through past noon.

It's been fun out there Ott, according to the slug.

Anyone else get some today...?

Yeah. It looks like it has been fun. A lot of size, shorter period, but offshore flow most days (up until yesterday). While a little more period would be ideal, the slabs I like do fine with 11-12s. Offshore just means west and north of town are all good to go. This is my favorite time of year to surf. After Xmas, things tend to get stormy.
    Last edited by Ottime; 10-19-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Wait till it hits a CDEP. The 02 picks up all swell and reports cumulative values. It does break data down into different swells, but the software is not sophisticated. A good portion of that height may be lesser period swell. And that period could also be the S working through.
    Showing 14.5' @ 17s on a CDIP off central washington. Obvs a ways from here but definitely solid swell on its way.

http://www.stormsurf.com/cgi-bin/shiro.cgi?a=036

I'm still a ways from kneehab graduation though so I'll be surfing vicariously for a while. But it's bout time some energy showed up.

Anyone else get some today...?

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    Showing 14.5' @ 17s on a CDIP off central washington. Obvs a ways from here but definitely solid swell on its way.

http://www.stormsurf.com/cgi-bin/shiro.cgi?a=036

I'm still a ways from kneehab graduation though so I'll be surfing vicariously for a while. But it's bout time some energy showed up.
    That is a fair amount of energy for October. But, yeah, usually we've have a bunch of 4-8' @ 13-17s by now. We had that one 7@15 back in September that broke my ankle. But other than that just been this wind swell.

I'll be vicarious. By next week I could be out and about. Might even try to take pics some day when it's working and I have a ride.

What a great couple of days it has been.

Wednesday was fun. The good sandbars in upper Newport were packed, so I went into the 30's. 36th street was overhead and still packed, 32nd was head high + and packed, but between the 32nd and 28th jetties I found a shoulder high + peak with great shape, consistency, and only 1 guy. It was a blast, lined up lefts and rights which were super fun. Me and the one guy traded waves for an hour before it started to close out a bit due to changing tide, one of those days where you can actually let waves pass in Newport just to wait for a better one in the set. Because of the crowds that is rare. When it started to decline I looked down at the 28th street jetty and could not believe my eyes, it was close to head high, clean, and NO ONE was on it. I paddled over and had it to myself for another hour. Great shape, glassy and lined up, it was acting like a left pointbreak. The best session I have had in a while, I don't think I went more than 5 minutes without a wave. It felt like having my own wave pool. Because of the crowds this NEVER happens in Newport. The water was in the high 60's and it was sunny. One of my best days of the summer, even though it was not huge.

Yesterday was even better. I went to 36th street, and it was about a foot overhead and clean. For some reason there were only a couple of people out. For a hour and a half I had overhead hundred yard lefts with some juice and only a couple of other guys with me. There were fun A-frame peaks in the middle of the 36th and 40th jetties, but I did not even bother with those. The vibe in the water was great, all of us hooting each other into waves. I literally got as many waves as I wanted. It was my best day of the year. I love the jetties, they are like left points, but normally on a day like this it is just too crowded right at the jetty. It really was, once again, like having my own wave pool. I probably caught more than 25 waves, and they were quality. I love surfing, but if it was always like this that would vault it into an even greater dimension. After an hour and a half the crowd started to show up and the wind bumped it up a bit, although the quality was still good. I caught a few more and then bailed, having had my fill.

Today the wind is killing it. Oh well, after the last few days I can't complain. Thanks for the pics PW7, hopefully the rest of you guys are getting some.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Damn solid this morning. 16@18 on the monterey bay cdip. Have not seen the ocean, but it looks solid on the cams. Hope to get down to west cliff later.

Wind relatively light. Might have had a window at Scotts this morning. As the tide drops later, it might be opening day for NBs, Swift and Mitchell's.

Have fun out there folks.