Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 211 212 213 214 215 216
Results 5,376 to 5,391 of 5391
    Saturday I ignored the blue on Surfline and headed down to Trestles.

While not as epic as the last session I chronicled here, it was still lots of fun. Head high, maybe a bit bigger, and clean. As the tide came up it softened things up a bit, but you just had to shift which peak you were sitting on.

Amazingly, it was not very crowded.

I got a recommendation for the windy app, and I have to say it did a great job. It seems to get the wind in the Trestles area better than Surfline.

This picture doesn't do it justice.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220521_164326_2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	417263
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

windy app for the win. fuck Surfline.

Windy app kills it.

Using it for my winging info, pulling up exact locations and the wind rose for the same is key.

https://www.windy.com/42.000/-81.738....942,-79.629,5

Null has sweet graphics but lack of reference is an issue on the stylized map. You can however mark your location which helps.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#curren....69,38.84,1295
    Last edited by SB; 06-02-2022 at 05:09 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Excited for the next few days of SW rolling into CA
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    Excited for the next few days of SW rolling into CA
    Let's hope the wind cooperates.

I'm going to try to get enough done tonight and tomorrow for a good 3+ hours at Trestles on Friday. Winds are looking good enough so far.

If not Trestles, Friday must might be a good Crystal Cove day. There seems to be enough swell running to light the area up.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Let's hope the wind cooperates.

I'm going to try to get enough done tonight and tomorrow for a good 3+ hours at Trestles on Friday. Winds are looking good enough so far.

If not Trestles, Friday must might be a good Crystal Cove day. There seems to be enough swell running to light the area up.
    I have been dreaming of surfing again. Just 7 more days until we are back

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Me too. 3 weeks for me.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Me too. 3 weeks for me.

Swells were pumping up here. My left shoulder is finally feeling great and now the right feels fucked. Got two waves and rode it back to shore.

Spent three days on the central coast camping and chasing wind and tide conditions and don't regret it. Some real size out there but when you managed to scratch into a good one it sure was memorable!
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Been really flat in San Diego since I got home. I have a few days stuff to do so hopefully later in the week picks up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

River levels dropping but still good surf. Did two runs down the local class 3 rapid section. Each on a different sup. Its amazing how white water sup surfing will wear you out.

New Starboard 4 in 1 board showed up today. Can start winging now on a purpose built board.
    watch out for snakes

A couple of fun days this weekend.

Saturday I surfed north of the HB pier. It was about waist high with chest high sets and not much punch, but the shape was good and it was still fun. Sometimes I forget how fun small waves with good shape can be on a 7'6" funshape. If I had brought a more standard board I would have been bogging, but this thing allows for glide.

On Sunday I surfed River Jetties. It was a bit smaller, like waist high, but RJs has more push than HB when small. I took another funshape out, this time a 6'8" which has something like 54 liters of volume, and once again I had fun despite the small conditions.

It's always nice to be reminded of how fun small days can be on a bigger board.

The water has warmed up. Surfline was saying 65-67, which felt right. I have not had a Trestles day since 6/3, which was fun, but I should be able to get down there later this week.

High tide and fun 3-4 footers with the boogie. Bet these are a blast on a fun shape down past the flags. Will circle back to add a photo later. Too old to figure put how to do it mobile chrome and totally failed at trying to decipher tap talk.

Last edited by SumJongGuy; 06-19-2022 at 01:17 PM.

In San Diego until next Tuesday, stuck in the gaslamp until this weekend for a work thing, but hoping to surf a few days this weekend and next Monday. I've got my short board down here and will be in south SD county saturday AM so may try to surf IB. Seems like surf and tide could line up nicely down there saturday late morning.

Probably will surf somewhere from Del Mar north Sunday and Monday (we'll be staying in escondido). Stoked

Ended up having a great session last night after some mediocre ones sat and sun

Sat - drove to IB. couldn't get there until 10ish and the wind was already up. There was also a sign to not go in the water south of the sign (tijuana river mouth), so I looked up water quality online because I was a bit spooked and saw that the entire area had a closure. Ended up going on a long walk down to the actual mouth of the river and watched some birds, then drove up the silver strand and surfed coronado. Consistent waves, but all closeouts. Was good to get wet and paddle a bit.

Sun - surfed in Carlsbad where the power plant used to be. Better waves, though less consistent than Sat.

Yesterday - went to a longboarder reef in carlsbad around 4pm and sat inside to catch anything the longboarders didn't take. Turned out to be the right move as I had waist high waves that lined up all the way to the beach without any competition. Sets outside were about stomach/shoulder high, but I didn't want to fight a crew on big boards so just stayed where I was. Surfed until the tide came up too much and killed it off..my arms were about to fall off anyhow.

Can't wait to get back down here in about a month! Mountain biking is fun and a great way to exercise all summer, but everytime I get in the water the mood and soul boost is like nothing else (besides skiing pow).