Page 172 of 224 FirstFirst ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 5587
    OB offshore today. First day in a while I've seen it like this. It worked great untill high tide, then turned off. Shortest session of the week at two hours, but with multiple five hour sessions this week, it was great to paddle for two hours and still have a reserve.

Damn. What have you been chasing for 5 hours. It's been a lot of short/mid period stuff. I'm usually over that after 90 minutes.

Looks like we could get a swell Monday, right as my cast comes off.

I'm on my 10 day off stretch from work. I try to get in a few hours at the beach, then a few hours at another spot. Don't want ten days off work to be a waste. Beach sucks on low tide, but some other spots(Dead's, etc...) are then good. Yesterday was cut short, because incoming was offshore, then it died on high tide, and somehow never got back to good before I went to Underdogs for margaritas

Careful on the rebound, dude. This swell could be juicy.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Yeah. I'm not surfing Monday. Just getting the cast off. I'll paddle out at Cowells as soon as I can
    Get back up the stairs. Just paddle and maybe a few prone rides. Then knees. With or w/o my kid tandem. It will be some time before I surf for reals again.

Yesterday morning at ocean beach was indeed awesome. And post-surf Underdog’s is where it’s at. I like your style. I need to work on my stamina though, no way I could do five hours at Ocean Beach.

Ottime, good luck with the rehab.

I’m so stoked on surfing right now I’m not even excited to ski this weekend; it feels weird.

Be in Costa Rica in one week. Playa Negra area. Annual trip. Stoke level building....

didn't see it the first couple times and thought he was just being silly

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb3aqIQjQn_/

We're in Playa Guiones for a few weeks. It's been fun size. I should post this in the awesome wife thread. STOKED!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JC.SS.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	400.4 KB 
ID:	217099

Ah. Warm water. The playas are fun. Enjoy your all time down there.

Fun yesterday morning in Newport, surfed 30th street. Nothing special, but chest high and good shape. I have been wearing a 3/2 for the last couple of weeks, water is finally too cold for the long sleeved spring.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

It is 12@17 here.

Cast off. In boot. Still a good number of days away from a paddle out. But getting closer.

Swell is pumping.

nice!! I almost forgot about this thread since it wasn't being updated hourly

stoked your cast is off dude, being hurt is the fucking worst...got a broken rib here & its extremely annoying. Tried to surf yesterday but it was a disaster & definitely made things worse lol
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Fucking ribs and surfing. As a kid, I'd surf 12-14 hours during a mid summer hurricane swell. Would bruise the hell out of my ribs; enough so it hurt to laugh. So my buddies would smoke me out and tell jokes. Fuckers.

PW you try using a piece of foam under your wetsuit? I had a separated rib a few years back and tortured myself trying to surf through it. The foam didn't help more than it hurt. I saw a guy suiting up yesterday at C street trying the same thing.

Had a blast this morning at 28th street. It was shoulder high +, and after a little while I noticed that there was only one guy at the jetty. We traded 100 yard lefts for about an hour. Super fun and consistent when you are only with one other guy. I love it when you get a jetty uncrowded, a rare treat.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by ate'em View Post
    PW you try using a piece of foam under your wetsuit? I had a separated rib a few years back and tortured myself trying to surf through it. The foam didn't help more than it hurt. I saw a guy suiting up yesterday at C street trying the same thing.
    You sure he wasn't just happy to see you?

Anyone else get some today...?

Can some one please post up some stoke so we can get that way to big to be decent jalama pic off the thumbnail. Good shit been going down for days and now it is the weekend.

And fucking surfer up about the ribs. It's just pain. Paddle through it.

Grey out on the bay today. Can barely see some mountain tops etched across it. I hear it has been fun around these parts.

I've got some super mega stoke as I got the best barrell of my life this week (not really saying a lot, but still) Firing Playa Marabella, a little combo swell with peaking a frames. After about 15 minutes in, a perfect lump headed right at me, dropped in and didn't even realize I was getting shacked it was so tall and perfect. Clean exit out the shoulder and I have been replaying it ever since. Was riding a rented Pyzel Slab, now I want to buy one...
    Stayed in for 5 hours, got some excellent rides after that, including some pumping lefts, but nothing like that first set...Also got a good over the falls hold down, but that comes with the territory.
    No pics except of the wife and grom. My 8 year old had a couple sessions with a surf coach and she paddled into her first waves. I've always pushed her in, but she caught some herself for the first time. This trip to CR has been off the charts, so much stoke and Pura Vida!! Now back to cold and gray NorCal but holy shit, it looks like it's pumping with some serious NPAC action this week. Glad I just got a new hooded R3...

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    You sure he wasn't just happy to see you?
    not really the vibe at C street, but hey, maybe I dropped the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ate'em View Post
    not really the vibe at C street, but hey, maybe I dropped the pass.
    Haha! True. More of a Silver Strand vibe, maybe?

I have a gay coworker that is pretty over the top. He once told me that if you sit in the parking lot at Beach Chalet, you can watch the surfers get out and change, and sometimes they'll drop the towel a bit to give you a free show. I tried to tell him this was most definitely not intentional, but an accident, and he had none of it. Nowadays, even if I'm inclined to surf that part of the beach, I open two doors and change in between the doors.

This swell has been weird. Not big enough to drag out the huge boards, but big enough to make the trek out to Drake's, only to find it less than head high. The Beach has been a shitshow. We have had some windows, but not consistent clean surf. Heading down to San Diego again for a wedding this week, leaving Tuesday to allow some surf time.

Name:  15355676_10154881003239701_3898210697009464929_n.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  55.9 KB

Dawn patrols the last couple of mornings in newps. Fun if you pick the right ones, but the offshore are howling. About shoulder high.

Off shores are making for great conditions up here. Through the grapevine. I'm almost ready to drive and get myself back in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Haha! True. More of a Silver Strand vibe, maybe?

I have a gay coworker that is pretty over the top. He once told me that if you sit in the parking lot at Beach Chalet, you can watch the surfers get out and change, and sometimes they'll drop the towel a bit to give you a free show. I tried to tell him this was most definitely not intentional, but an accident, and he had none of it. Nowadays, even if I'm inclined to surf that part of the beach, I open two doors and change in between the doors.

This swell has been weird. Not big enough to drag out the huge boards, but big enough to make the trek out to Drake's, only to find it less than head high. The Beach has been a shitshow. We have had some windows, but not consistent clean surf. Heading down to San Diego again for a wedding this week, leaving Tuesday to allow some surf time.
    Drake’s? That’s cool, I’ve been really curious about surfing Pt Reyes. Always turned off by the drive and had been thinking more the nw facing beach.

Wanted to get out of the city and see some other waves so drove down south with a friend. Some nice waves at four mile but I was too timid to mix it up in the narrow takeoff zone.

Waddell was a lot of chest to head high fun though.

Forgot to take pictures of the waves I surfed but here’s one of Tunitas Creek at sunset.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0645.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	862.7 KB 
ID:	218444