Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 168 169 170 171 172 173
Results 4,301 to 4,308 of 4308
    Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Haha! True. More of a Silver Strand vibe, maybe?

I have a gay coworker that is pretty over the top. He once told me that if you sit in the parking lot at Beach Chalet, you can watch the surfers get out and change, and sometimes they'll drop the towel a bit to give you a free show. I tried to tell him this was most definitely not intentional, but an accident, and he had none of it. Nowadays, even if I'm inclined to surf that part of the beach, I open two doors and change in between the doors.

This swell has been weird. Not big enough to drag out the huge boards, but big enough to make the trek out to Drake's, only to find it less than head high. The Beach has been a shitshow. We have had some windows, but not consistent clean surf. Heading down to San Diego again for a wedding this week, leaving Tuesday to allow some surf time.
    Drakeís? Thatís cool, Iíve been really curious about surfing Pt Reyes. Always turned off by the drive and had been thinking more the nw facing beach.

Wanted to get out of the city and see some other waves so drove down south with a friend. Some nice waves at four mile but I was too timid to mix it up in the narrow takeoff zone.

Waddell was a lot of chest to head high fun though.

Forgot to take pictures of the waves I surfed but hereís one of Tunitas Creek at sunset.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0645.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	862.7 KB 
ID:	218444

Next time shoot me a PM. Fuck 4 mile and it's crowds. Much better waves around with way less crowds.

Did you surf the reef, the parking lot or the county line rock pile at W?

Pretty pic. Surf has looked plenty of fun the last few days. I might even be able to paddle out next week. No surfing, but at least some paddling.

Surfed the break across from the parking lot. There was a left a little to the south but it was pretty mushy.

I'll hit you up next time I make the drive; it might be a while since it's driving (skiing) season!

Yeah, I drove north on Saturday, and the lot looked decent, but crowded. The reef is south of there, maybe a half mile, where there road is back atop the cliff. It does well on a west, but things need to be right. I've scored ten foot surf there that was hollow and reeling for over a hundred yards. Gone back on a similar looking swell and it is burger close out sections. North of the lot, near the county line, is a rock pile. Smaller surf than the lot, but a nice bowly rampy left at the tide/swell/period. Fun little stretch that beach. Works all summer when there are no winds and works the small northwest days just fine. Just avoid that zone when there is pumping swell. It can get sketch.

I hear ya for ski season, but unless something changes, it is surf season. Off shores and consistent swell versus weeks old thin snow? Should be easy. Surfing will suck, especially up by you, once winter hits, on most days. Gotta take these sunny, off shore stretches and make the most of them. I'd i've been surfing every day I could the last ten if I had the ankle for it. Your pic of T tells it all to me. When that zone looks clean you know its crisp out.

Iím really grateful for the beta, thanks! And yeah, Iíve been surfing five of the past six days, I just took yesterday off to go ski since I need to get the legs strong enough to enjoy when it does get good. I just mean I probably wonít often want to drive to surf when I can walk to it and skiing requires so much car time already.

Ocean Beach was sweet today. I love not having to share a nice fat A Frame.

Last three days have looked fun at the lane. Took a bunch of pics. Will share soon. Nothing epic, but decent. As I was leaving today grabbed a few frames of Nat. He just delivers on every wave. Good rehab for the ankle; walking lighthouse field and west cliff.

Itís been a little messy up here the last couple days. Today there were some massive waves; too big for me. Just a couple people out on guns surfing monsters.