Page 188 of 224 FirstFirst ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 5587

Anyone else get some today...?

Been wonky in these parts the past week. Got out into some today. Well overhead and wired. Super heavy drops. Some went fast and others completely backed off. Had to get out tho. Been almost a week and more storms are coming tomorrow. Wish I could get up to the snow.
    Last edited by Ottime; 01-11-2019 at 07:50 AM.

Holy Shit. I just saw a peak breaking looking from my window. I have a view of the ocean sure, but not near shore. But this was not a wind cap, but a peak, and big looking. Just checked the buoy. 21-25'@18s. Might need to get down to the water and check this out. Its been strong winds and stormy for 10 days now, so not even paying attention to swell.

Curious how this will set up south of here. Too bad its the wrong direction for Pavonnes. But I'm sure we will hear something.

Packing the car and headed to the snow. Got a two day pass. Looking forward to not waiting for anyone.

Surf is back on. Yesterday was clean enough at the slab. Another day on an Evolved. Yeah, totally worth the price IMO. Catches and makes wave with easy. Keeps speed in the slow section and warble. Gets pitted. All good.

The next five days or so look promising. Light NNE breeze. About 5-7’@15-17s through Saturday at least. Looks like we might get a refill next Monday as well. Great fun sized conditions. Stoked after two weeks of storms.

And just for my little fanboy. (God he has a crush on me). I’ve got another hall pass for Presidents week. Fantasize about that fishboy (btw, you are pretty funny in you passive aggressive nature)

We've been in a good stretch with more to come in New England. Getting a bit easier to get out after work during the week, and we've had a few weekend swells. Monday was all-time...all-time cold. Can't say I will ever surf in single digits again with that kind of wind, but being on the water surrounded by well-defined lines and sea smoke was pretty neat. I'll post some pics

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Surf is back on. Yesterday was clean enough at the slab. Another day on an Evolved. Yeah, totally worth the price IMO. Catches and makes wave with easy. Keeps speed in the slow section and warble. Gets pitted. All good.

The next five days or so look promising. Light NNE breeze. About 5-7’@15-17s through Saturday at least. Looks like we might get a refill next Monday as well. Great fun sized conditions. Stoked after two weeks of storms.

And just for my little fanboy. (God he has a crush on me). I’ve got another hall pass for Presidents week. Fantasize about that fishboy (btw, you are pretty funny in you passive aggressive nature)
    My kid said he's never seen the sand at Cowells like it is right now. They have one longboard at the house that they share. He caught one from the statue almost to the beach then just walked up the sand for another ride. There really is nothing like the variety of SC is there. Amazing place to be a surfer.

Have not been on west cliff in weeks. Another fun day up the coast. Really liking this 37L 5.9. Rides great from knee high to gently OH.

Thumping out there the past two days. The swell is showing really well. It was 4.7@17 yesterday and 7@14 today, but damn it was pure juice. Must have been some combo swell piled up on top, because there were some 12 foot faces on the bigger sets both days. Some real fun ones and some beatings.

I rode a 6.0 today and should have brought my step up. Still got plenty but was denied on the bombs. My second to last wave I made the drop over the ledge, grabbed the rail and pulled in, somehow sank my nose, went over the front of my boards and got thrashed. My left hand got slammed by the board or fin. It hurt. Wasn't sure at first if I broke something. Grabbed one wave and went in. Still sore all day. Just a bruise and this weird red line of pain. Still worth it.

Had fun the past few days on the 6.0 evolved. Don't love the shape, but it does ride really well in the clean and lined up surf. Seems to have a top end of about 8-10 foot faces with the long period. Can't wait to see how it does with the 12 second period stuff. Too bad the demon winds come tomorrow.

^^^^what the fuck is that crap. Learn to imbed or don’t fucking post ya cunt.

So good out there today. Only window between massive storms.

Stole this off my buddy's FB.

Gorgeous, but I’d rather be on those mountains I think. Looks like a good cold water set up.

Gorgeous, but I’d rather be on those mountains I think. Looks like a good cold water set up.
    That's Mount St. Elias, pretty damn cool but obviously no easy access. He lives in Yakutat, surfs all the time. No crowds lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    30’ sets, that’s it...I sense a yawn or jajajaja coming soon lol 😂

Plus everyone knows all the cool kids break their toe right before the winter & sit on the couch for 6 weeks 🤦🏽♂️ FML

I broke my toe walking to the beach like an idiot the morning that the OB pier got taken out by the huge swell. stubbed it on asphalt by the parking lot covered with sand. Only on week 2 of my 6 weeks in San Diego last month. Really had me bummed. I ended up surfing with my booties on after 10 days of twittling my thumbs . I probably prolonged the healing process. Hurt like hell putting on a ski boot for the first time last week back in Washington
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

^if you’re anything like me then you stubbed your toe every time you stood up on a wave? That’s my usual

Hope you’re back at it powerwhore, get better man!

Shoulder high and fun yesterday south of hb pier. It was offshore too. It was my first session in a while, I have been skiing a lot, and the weekends I have stayed home have been rainy. A good problem to have I guess.

I’ve been back in the water recently. There were about 6 weeks there where the quality was low but the snow quality was very high.

6 sessions in the last five days. Even surfed the lane one day. Holy shit is that place crowded with so many different skill levels. Had a good session. Got plenty of good waves and one excellent wave, but it is work surfing in a crowd like that.

A real mix of surf. Maxing our my 6.7 up the coast on Monday. The river a Scotts is running right through the reef setting up a super fast and hollow inside. Next day on the 5.9 at the Lane. Then the 9.3 at Cowells Wednesday. Back to the 5.7 at the shitty point Thursday. The 6.0 Friday morning at the ledge and the 5.7 at the shorty point in the afternoon. Good fun mix of surf and boards.

So I now have two Evolved boards. Total price was $622. Gotta say they are well worth the money. The 5.7, ~37l board I really like. Have it set up as a quad, but it’s a five fin. It makes nice turns in knee high surf and holds its line in slightly overhead. Glasses it with a 6x4 poly deck, so it has just enough weight to bust through chop. Super versatile.

The 6.0 I’ve surged maybe 10 days. Not one of those days was a easy lined up head high ish day. Hard to tell how I like it based on those days. Plenty of challenging conditions But when I did catch lines up waves on it, it rode really well and intuitively. I did get out on it one day that was almost clean and almost a regular 1’ OH. It did surprisingly well that day. So I think I like it. But don’t love it. Nose is a little too narrow for my taste. But it does get down the face fast. So there is that.

If I lived in SoCal, I’d for sure visit their show room in Huntington. Find a shape I liked and get another. Might order another down the road, but might ask for more specific dimensions when ordering.

Stoked to be back in the water.

Got out around the corner two days ago. Not quite 6mos, carried the little 25.25# turd machine in one arm, board in other. Man is she heavy. Nice to have her and wifey in view vs OB, where you can't see shit on the beach. Snagged a few, but such beautiful weather the surf was secondary. Went into work at 3pm and got squarely raped. Nothing is free!
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Another great day out at the ledge this morning. The lane was firing last night. The spit at cowells is even better than two years ago. Not to mention it was 80F yesterday. And we have a series of small storms running through that will keep spring winds from developing. Things look pretty good out there.

Indicators/ Cowells sandbar is insane right now. Got out after the storm passed through. A little mixed up swell was pretty wet groomed by Indicators. Cought several waves from outside the surfer stattue all the way to main beach. Thats a good 300 yards. Kind of wish I had paddled out on my groveler instead of the log. But that log was sure fun. Great way to spend an hour. Excellent first day of spring.

Tomorrow morning looks good. Swell should clean up a good bit. Next storm day Friday. Looks like it will be a fun ski weekend.

YES ! went down to Sunset Cliffs yesterday around 8am. Didn't expect too much because the beach cams in Ocean Beach were showing some swell but kinda mixed bag of junk with some size. Know the beachbreak was a bit sloppy I decided to check the cliffs.
    By the crowd I knew I had picked the right spot.
    I have a whacked out knee and a bad case of Plantar Fasciitis so it was more of an experiment to even see if I could surf.
    Paddled out at Garbage and sat for twenty minutes without a single bump coming through and though it was going to suck .
    Then they started marching in 4-5 footers.....nothing big but really fun . But as the tide kept coming in so did the swell.
    Spent two and a half hours on the outter reef snagging 6-8 footers with the sun out.

Turns out I can still surf just fine

Very Satisfied

Haven't been in the water now since last August(?), but have a week-long trip to SD lined up for the last week of April/first of May, staying at an Airbnb walking distance to Swami's..not that I have any desire to paddle out there.

Thinking about checking some shops or Craigslist to pick up a new board. My 9' is with a friend in PB and don't really feel like dealing with it for a week, so thinking something 7' ish, fun shaped. Without surfing arms these days need something that's easy to paddle, but want something smaller to transport since most of my surfing involves the 10.5 hour drive from SLC. If any of the SD mags have something they want to get rid of let me know!

I'll also be in santa cruz for a week in mid September to surf and bike (and a friend's wedding) so something that would work in town would be pretty cool too. Do fun shapes fly in SC ott? \

Skiing has been $$$ all winter, but starting to get really stoked about getting down to SD and back in the water for a week.

Just checking in to say all time good times this past fall/winter/spring. Took chances and explored many new waves to me. After our last day buddy said, "This coast is the 30 mile miracle." So, so many world class waves in a tiny stretch, but they only work half the year.
    Visions, beatings, insanely long rides, scared, stoked, all of it. The best. Having been lucky enough to surf in many places in Mexico, Baja, Kauai, Big Island, Oahu, Sri Lanka, El Salvador, Chile, Peru there is no where else I'd rather be during this time of year. Hoping for another couple swells before the season tapers off so it can keep on rolling.

Word...good to see everybody gettin some 💪🏽 Although I do miss being insulted or yawned at 😁

Lots of waves & sun down in the OC so far this spring

^^^^^^yawn. That looks pretty shitty mouth breather.

(just trying to do my part here)

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Haven't been in the water now since last August(?), but have a week-long trip to SD lined up for the last week of April/first of May, staying at an Airbnb walking distance to Swami's..not that I have any desire to paddle out there.

Thinking about checking some shops or Craigslist to pick up a new board. My 9' is with a friend in PB and don't really feel like dealing with it for a week, so thinking something 7' ish, fun shaped. Without surfing arms these days need something that's easy to paddle, but want something smaller to transport since most of my surfing involves the 10.5 hour drive from SLC. If any of the SD mags have something they want to get rid of let me know!

I'll also be in santa cruz for a week in mid September to surf and bike (and a friend's wedding) so something that would work in town would be pretty cool too. Do fun shapes fly in SC ott? \

Skiing has been $$$ all winter, but starting to get really stoked about getting down to SD and back in the water for a week.
    Worth stopping into Evolved in Huntington and checking out what they have on the rack. I really like the skinny B@ I had made by them, and at $300 new, it was a steal compared to anything around here on CL most of the time. They make a bunch of egg and fun boards in the 7' range. Shoot them an email and see if they respond with what they currently have in stock. BTW, their communications leave something to be desired.

Let me know when you are up this way and maybe we can grab a surf. September can be decent. People are riding any sort of shape they want these days. No restrictions. You'll never get a wave at Cowell or 2nd Peak on such a small board, but it would work well at the Hook, Sewers, Middles, and many other spots. Not so sure how you'd do at 1st Peak or the Slot.

I seriously think you should look at a fat shorty. Mid is a 5'9" and about 37.5L, but that same board in a 6'3" would have a shit ton of float. And super easy to transport. I can get mine to plane in knee high surf and have had it out on OH point break surf. Even took it out one day for head high ledge style surf and it handled well enough.

Atrain, sounds like you've got it good up there. I feel pretty lucky about this place. Super crowded surfing in town, but most the spots I surf in the winter up the coast have the same ten or twelve guys/gals surfing them 95% of the time, and often I'm out with just two other people. So many good waves just around the corner. The only two places that draw a regular "crowd" are visible from the road. If you are wiling to walk a few hundred yards, you can get a better wave with just a buddy.

We get waves in summer, but the vibe is totally different and crowds thicker. So I use that time of year to travel.

^^^^^^yawn. That looks pretty shitty mouth breather.

(just trying to do my part here)

Worth stopping into Evolved in Huntington and checking out what they have on the rack. I really like the skinny B@ I had made by them, and at $300 new, it was a steal compared to anything around here on CL most of the time. They make a bunch of egg and fun boards in the 7' range. Shoot them an email and see if they respond with what they currently have in stock. BTW, their communications leave something to be desired.

Let me know when you are up this way and maybe we can grab a surf. September can be decent. People are riding any sort of shape they want these days. No restrictions. You'll never get a wave at Cowell or 2nd Peak on such a small board, but it would work well at the Hook, Sewers, Middles, and many other spots. Not so sure how you'd do at 1st Peak or the Slot.

I seriously think you should look at a fat shorty. Mid is a 5'9" and about 37.5L, but that same board in a 6'3" would have a shit ton of float. And super easy to transport. I can get mine to plane in knee high surf and have had it out on OH point break surf. Even took it out one day for head high ledge style surf and it handled well enough.
    That's also something I'm thinking about that would probably be way more fun. Huntington kinda out of the way on the way to SD from here, but will probably just scour CL and check into the consignment shops once I'm in town to pick something up. And then the surf will probably be perfect for my longboard and I'll go grab it anyhow

Will let you know when I'm in SC. Looking at airbnbs for the week and can't decide if I want to stay on the west side closer to the mtb trails, or the east side closer to the surf I'll probably be more comfortable with (assuming there's any swell in the water). Tough life