Page 189 of 224 FirstFirst ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 5588
    YES ! Surfed this morning with my Son in Law. I’m
    In Kauai on vacation. I’m staying at Anini Beach and instead of trying to hit some big names spot we paddled out on the corner of the reef that runs along the whole beach .
    Head high to a couple feet overhead. Just us two for two hours
    Was excellent. No wind. Sea turtles in the line up
    Scored a few and when the wind started kicking up we headed in
    Only issue was the 50 yard reef dance I had to do because I got a bit too far left and wound up snagging one and going a bit too far left

^^^^They are kooky as hell, but I love me some reef booties.

Cranking in Santa Cruz. What a fucking spring this has been so far. Almost no NW gradient forming due to the regular and consilient storms hitting us or just north of us. This coming week looks pretty damn sweet. I'm solo parenting today, but schools starts back up tomorrow. Can't wait to get a little spring juice.

But cut up feet and urchin spines are part of the Hawaiian expirence. 😀

Fun week of longboard waves this week. Tried to get a session up north Monday, but that was mostly just a paddle session on the short board. A few waves. Not notable.

Went to Cowells instead on Tuesday. And then Wed, Thurs and Fri. Hard to not enjoy 100 yard plus rides. Each day was little smaller than the day before. Started with some chest high sets, and today was more like thigh high. Still peeling for 50, 100, 150 or more yard long rides. Feeling pretty lucky that is a mile from my home and I can put in a decent session and only be away from work for an hour and ten minutes. Looks like it will be warm tomorrow, so my kid gets to spend the afternoon at the bar. I'll surf for less (maybe a wave or tow) but play more.

Spring is here. Winds have been raging all week.

Sunday was fun at south HB pier. The water is cold for down here.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Water isn't warming up much in Maine, but we've had a good run if chop slop mess with protected corners of great waves the past few days. Enjoying the longer and warmer days, but hopeful we have some Atlantic wave action before the summer.

Yep. Cold water. Lots of upwelling. And whales. Surf is still on up here. Not full winter on, but going none the less. Best spring in quite a while.

Well this rain today is harshing my mellow. Sd mags, still waiting 72 hours after this one?

I think the shitty surf makes the shitty water not worth it

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASS View Post
    I think the shitty surf makes the shitty water not worth it
    It just kept raining too. damn

It was not too heavy in Newport. I have a window tomorrow morning. It should be good so I will be on it, but I will avoid being anywhere near the mouth of the Santa Ana. Truth be told I am careful about surfing there anyway, it is dirty even when it has not rained.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

No rain up here. Small south swell in the water. Winds have been pretty mellow this week as well. And the sandbar at Cowells is still in prime time. Gonna try to get a surf after my morning classroom work. Still focused on the snow tho. I love me some spring skiing.

Got a window for a 1.5 hour surf in Newport today. Nothing epic, but somewhat fun.

Went out last night in Carlsbad. Windier than I had hoped, and pretty walled. Hoping wind doesn't come up so much tonight for my post-work session. Probably head back up north a bit.

Yesterday was damn fun. Waist to chest high. Clean. Fun small waves that bowled up nicely. Went back this morning and the swell really faded. Got a quick afternoon session on the log at Cowell, but I miss yesterday’s waves.

Looks like an upward trend of s swell over the next two weeks. That sounds nice.

Another fun waist to chest high combo day up the coast. Great start to the month of May.

South swell. Light drizzle. No wind. Good day.

Firing today. Surfed a deep water spot today that can really focus the swell. Overhead dredging barrels. One of my favorite lefts. Long wave. Rarely breaks well. Broke pretty damn well today. Just me and my buddy. Drove a few miles to a road side attraction. Plenty of head high waves at exposure. Must be/ have been real good down south. All day window of no to light south wind. Looks pretty good all damn week. Love getting shacked.

Left in Santa Cruz? Hmmm

Yes. A rare beast. Not in town but in county. Actually, several lefts here come summer.

Wow, a very lucky window mid-day in Newport. I paddled out around 11, with a window for about two hours of surfing. It was a bit bumpy and maybe chest-shoulder high when I paddled out at 36th street. Not great, but certainly worth it. It ended up cleaning up, and picking up to about head high, peaky and very fun. I did not expect at all.

Surfline was calling the water 62, but I think that is an exaggeration. It felt colder than that, not horribly cold, but not 62.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Yes. A rare beast. Not in town but in county. Actually, several lefts here come summer.
    Will need beta on those lefts for my september sojourn

Despite the rain had a good week (of surf) in socal.

Got into Carlsbad 4/25 in the PM, so was able to get out early on the 25th. Morning session at Terramar, mtb ride at la costa, then a PM session at Pipes after some fish tacos.
    Saturday had a nice long one at Pipes again, wish not a lot of swell, but consistent waves that were fun on the 8'.
    Then the rain came and I stayed out of the water for a few days.
    Back at it at Terramar 5/1 PM for the windy session I mentioned above. Swell was peaking, but the wind kind of walled it into oblivion.
    Surfed at Becaons the following evening, and was surprised how glassy the spot was despite PM onshores. Noticeably more glassy than spots both north and south of there.
    Then headed up to newport for my last couple days before heading back to SLC, and got a couple short but sweet sessions in at 33rd st. Always strange to me how short the paddles are there, but the surf always seems to be fun, like long duc dong mentioned.

I ended up bringing all my boards back to SLC with me (2 of them were in storage with friends in SD) in case I don't end up driving back down before I head to SC in September, but this trip has me itching to get in the water more again. Thinking of heading down for another week-ish in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Will need beta on those lefts for my september sojourn
    PM before you head out. Can even help with forecast as you get close. September can still be good for the lefts.

Smaller today. Deep water spot not really breaking. Banzai had a few gems, but was getting. thick crowd (and only got thicker). Wasted 45 minutes checking out spots and returned to the sand. There is a pretty good bend in the beach right now, so there was a crowd when I first looked. 15 is way too many. Paddled out when there was 8, but son there was five, then three of us. Mixed bag of chest to head high. Still plenty fun and variety. A few barrels, a few walls, a few slow wrappers. Finished on a ever so slightly overhead set. Got a nice deep barrel, came out and quickly laid a fun slash, and sort of set up the next section that was maybe chest high, but still kind of hollow. Fun day. More tomorrow.

Another great day. Smaller again and less consistent, but still super fun waves. Can’t believe how good this run has been with decent swell and great conditions. No crowd today. That was nice.