Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162
Results 4,026 to 4,032 of 4032
    LaFonda is fun.

I surfed a few times on a road trip up 101 in CA/OR. If I were to do the same trip again, I'd leave the gear at home. Never found quality surf and only got in the water to use the gear.

I don't know Golf Bluffs or Crescent City well, so I can't answer specifics. But if you don't get detailed info, I'd go based on my first comment. OTOH, if you leave the gear at home and see a good wave in front of your camp spot, that would kind of suck. Good luck on the research.

Some juice in the water yesterday. I surfed 48th street in Newport and it was bigger than I expected, head high and jacking up. I got pitched and slammed a few times, but I also got a couple that really lined up nicely. The water is in the high 60's, maybe 68 or so. I did not expect it to be as big as it was yesterday, I thought shoulder high, so this was a surprise.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

i've only tried surfing a few times (afraid of sharks, mostly, and not going to try to learn after knee replacement), but this stuff is hard to watch

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWysSPBjGDY/

Anyone else get some today...?

^^^^ you do realize you are much more likely to get die skiing than be bitten by a shark. Hell, your more likely to break your neck on the sand bottom of a beach break than get bitten. Sure, sharks can be scary but they don't typically hunt humans. Except in Florida and Reunion.

Heard Jones Beach was thumping yesterday. Any east coasters know if a swell is running or was my buddy just a city dwelling land loving kook?

Edit: just watched vid. Dude clearly is clueless. WTF is he trying to climb on that rock for when there is a beach 15' away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^^ you do realize you are much more likely to get die skiing than be bitten by a shark. Hell, your more likely to break your neck on the sand bottom of a beach break than get bitten. Sure, sharks can be scary but they don't typically hunt humans. Except in Florida and Reunion.

Heard Jones Beach was thumping yesterday. Any east coasters know if a swell is running or was my buddy just a city dwelling land loving kook?
    yeah, i didn't say it was a rational fear.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    yeah, i didn't say it was a rational fear.
    My academic and professional background is in statistics and actuarial mathematics, and I am still more afraid than I should be, despite the numbers AND the fact that I am in the ocean several days a week. So I get the part about it not being a rational fear. I'm still scared. It does not keep me out of the water, but it is in my head more than it should be. Luckily Newport spots tend to be very close to shore, so easy to get to the beach if you get cruised. About a month ago a guy told me he got chased out of the water at 30th street. By getting chased I mean he saw a fin and exited, not that he was actually pursued.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

Edit: just watched vid. Dude clearly is clueless. WTF is he trying to climb on that rock for when there is a beach 15' away.
    I don't have any idea what he is thinking. I can't think of a rational reason why someone with any experience would do that.