Page 175 of 224 FirstFirst ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 5587
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    What exactly is that guy doing^^^^^^
    Ocean: "SWEEPER, NO SWEEPING "
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

If you want to see a big wave, check this out: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.581b6c54f994
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

These big wave guys are another culture. Not surprised it was a German pro surfer.

And he fades it a bit. I was going to say, yeah, but hey getting towed in, and all, but holy Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, the pics and vids coming out of mavericks look crazy big. The guys in boat were all good apparently. Nazare was going off also.
    A buddy of mine was involved with the rescue. He is the harbormaster up there. Gets busy when there is swell.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If you want to see a big wave, check this out: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.581b6c54f994
    Nice typo from the Post - "Navare"

Wild that they were both going off on the same day.

Sunday was fun at the HB pier, strong off-shores. Powder Thursday and Friday, windbuff on Saturday at Mammoth, then back home for chest high and off-shore in Orange County. A fun weekend. It makes me feel lucky to live here.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Sunday was fun at the HB pier, strong off-shores. Powder Thursday and Friday, windbuff on Saturday at Mammoth, then back home for chest high and off-shore in Orange County. A fun weekend. It makes me feel lucky to live here.
    Even easier to do em both if you're hitting Summit or Bear.

California.... grew up there and been away for a long time. Miss it!

OB was the best I've seen it all week today. I didn't plan to surf for 7 hours, but it happened. Surfed about 2.5 hours by myself, then the wind turned on and we had whitecaps. Paddled in immediately, and ran into an old roommate. I figured, fuck, we haven't surfed together in years, so I went back out. In the time to walk back to the car, I shit you not, the wind died again. Eventually, it glassed completely, and everyone had left when I did when the wind turned on. Maybe 10 people we could see. Pulled into a head high left, and to my surprise, the lip wrapped around me. I was sitting there looking up at the lip, not paying attention to the exit, but exit I did. Went back home to rehydrate and eat, but buddy got off work and wanted to go out again. Got out of the water under a bright starlit sky. My upper body is gonna be fucked tomorrow.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Waist to chest high looking way fun beachbreak in arambol, india.... might have to find me a board cuz I'm here n there in goa for one month.

^^^^^You surf under head high waves??! I thought that was for kooks.

Finally back in the water. Two days now, and I remember how much I love being in the water. Will probably head back out today. Only on the ‘64 Rick, out at 1st and 2nd Pleasures. Perfect rehab getting the ROM back into the joint.

Game changer. No longer finding time for hikes or hoping for snow. I can surf again.

"In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Chest high and okay this weekend at hb pier. Junk this morning. Lots of surfable days this winter, but not much greatness.

This whole winter on Oahu has been pretty good. I was fortunate enough to move next to a world class break that is 4 miles from my house to the parking lot. We're about to get another swell this week. I've been riding a SUP board lately at offshore reef breaks. It's pretty fun. Used to knock it but now I love it. You can access breaks that are otherwise near impossible to get to. I'm not a huge fan of the sup clowns that paddle into a crowd.

Haven't got as much skiing in this winter as I would like but I guess I can't have it all.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^^^You surf under head high waves??! I thought that was for kooks.

Finally back in the water. Two days now, and I remember how much I love being in the water. Will probably head back out today. Only on the ‘64 Rick, out at 1st and 2nd Pleasures. Perfect rehab getting the ROM back into the joint.

Game changer. No longer finding time for hikes or hoping for snow. I can surf again.
    Nice dude! Welcome back to the water.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Headed down to Point Loma to visit the folks since it appears it will not snow again this winter (jk I hope). Conditions have been good the last two evenings, but not much in the way of any swell showing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1139 2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	224336
    The cliffs glassed off last night and was clean but small. Took this at North Garbage. Awesome sunset and clouds.

Name:	IMG_1147.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	950.4 KB 
ID:	224337
    This was tonight at the OB pier. Not a single person out. Once again everything lined up, glass off, bitchen sunset, but zero swell in the water. No good rumors at this time either.

Nice pics! I do love me a Pacific sunset session ☺️

Sent from my Nexus 5X using TGR Forums mobile app
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Name:	IMG_1134.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	326.6 KB 
ID:	224513
    Sunset Cliffs, Wednesday evening. Clean but small surf again. This guy was probably getting as many waves as anyone. If you zoom in, he's riding a Sup with a foil setup. Once he got going he could keep going when there was pretty much no wave to be ridden and linked some big flat sections together. Interesting set up and he seemed to be making the best of what little surf there is.

SUP w foil. That is a lot to carry around.

Just getting back from Tobago, had a few really nice days of uncrowded waves as the swell built each day. On the last day it got big enough that I didn't even paddle out, bigger than this kook is comfortable with and all the locals were out.

Yo, OTT, what's the damage for the ticket for surfing the harbor?

Anyone else get some today...?

Dunno. Never been busted.

I once heard it was $230, but no idea what the law actually states.

And I think it is only illegal is you surf into the harbor proper. As in between the two jetties.

The wave that breaks off the West Jetty can wrap into the harbor, but It just as often breaks outside the mouth (as if drawing a straight line between East and West Jetty southern most points, because the east Jetty does not extend as far out.

Occasionally a wave forms off the beach side of the east Jetty. That is totally legal. As is the murph bar, when it shows.

Whole bunch of beach work going on down there. Heavy machinery and boulders. Looks like some sore of break water work along the road to twin lakes.
    Last edited by Ottime; 03-04-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Shoulder high and fun south of hb pier on Sunday. It has been an awful winter in OC.

Yesterday, it stayed offshore at OB all day. It was fun, but cold as fuck. Last night, checked Surfline just before bed and they changed the forecast to orange, or "Good". I told my buddy, watch, Sacramento and everyone in between will be here tomorrow. It was offshore through the morning, shifting wind all noon and early evening. Mostly shoulder to a few feet overhead on the big sets. All the parking lots stuffed, barely parking on Great Highway. The nice thing has been with the tide swings, there's enough water moving around, you can't just sit there and wait for a set to come to you.

OTT, I heard they take your board if they catch you at the harbor. I walked out the other day when it was just starting to break. Harbor Patrol was zipping back and forth in and out of the entrance, giving me the stinkeye just for looking. I'm guessing you have to sit at Murph Bar, then slide out for a few right as the sun sets.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Fuck Medina 😁

Fun surf on Friday morning at 28th street in Newport. Chest to shoulder high and peaky. Newport has seen very little this winter, I have mostly surfed HB. The 28 to 32 zone can be really fun at shoulder high and peaky.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."