Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 164 165 166 167 168 169
Results 4,201 to 4,206 of 4206
    What a great couple of days it has been.

Wednesday was fun. The good sandbars in upper Newport were packed, so I went into the 30's. 36th street was overhead and still packed, 32nd was head high + and packed, but between the 32nd and 28th jetties I found a shoulder high + peak with great shape, consistency, and only 1 guy. It was a blast, lined up lefts and rights which were super fun. Me and the one guy traded waves for an hour before it started to close out a bit due to changing tide, one of those days where you can actually let waves pass in Newport just to wait for a better one in the set. Because of the crowds that is rare. When it started to decline I looked down at the 28th street jetty and could not believe my eyes, it was close to head high, clean, and NO ONE was on it. I paddled over and had it to myself for another hour. Great shape, glassy and lined up, it was acting like a left pointbreak. The best session I have had in a while, I don't think I went more than 5 minutes without a wave. It felt like having my own wave pool. Because of the crowds this NEVER happens in Newport. The water was in the high 60's and it was sunny. One of my best days of the summer, even though it was not huge.

Yesterday was even better. I went to 36th street, and it was about a foot overhead and clean. For some reason there were only a couple of people out. For a hour and a half I had overhead hundred yard lefts with some juice and only a couple of other guys with me. There were fun A-frame peaks in the middle of the 36th and 40th jetties, but I did not even bother with those. The vibe in the water was great, all of us hooting each other into waves. I literally got as many waves as I wanted. It was my best day of the year. I love the jetties, they are like left points, but normally on a day like this it is just too crowded right at the jetty. It really was, once again, like having my own wave pool. I probably caught more than 25 waves, and they were quality. I love surfing, but if it was always like this that would vault it into an even greater dimension. After an hour and a half the crowd started to show up and the wind bumped it up a bit, although the quality was still good. I caught a few more and then bailed, having had my fill.

Today the wind is killing it. Oh well, after the last few days I can't complain. Thanks for the pics PW7, hopefully the rest of you guys are getting some.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Damn solid this morning. 16@18 on the monterey bay cdip. Have not seen the ocean, but it looks solid on the cams. Hope to get down to west cliff later.

Wind relatively light. Might have had a window at Scotts this morning. As the tide drops later, it might be opening day for NBs, Swift and Mitchell's.

Have fun out there folks.

Just made it to Honolulu where Iím working for the next few weeks. Got a rental board last night and went out at dawn to surf dumb little 2-footers with the middle-aged Japanese ladies. At least the warm water is a nice change of pace from home. Will have to rent a car and head north this weekend.

Do. There seems to be several storms lining up. Game on folks.

Santa Cruz looked decent mid day, although tide was a bit full. Swell did not look anything like a 16@18. More like 8-10' long period. Stormsurf suggested it was shadowed, and that would seem to be the case. Bigger reading than swell.

Middle peak was DOH to plus. Plenty of OH surf along west cliff. Still plenty of juice to make town fun. Bet is is good this evening at sunset glass off. Lucky bastards.

GFS has at least two more gales moving through the gulf over the week. Maybe more after that.

We got light rain in SC. Glad it was minimal. My deck roof still needs repair.

GFS major flip today, with just one moderate zonal gale, then high pressure driving everything north. A big one develops NE of the Aleutian islands but never pushes s or w. Then around 11/2 we get a southerly heavy rain storm, and then more blockage, but by then further south (I know fantasy charts) and a solid system just west of it/us.

But yeah, totally different than the 6am.

Perfect tide and light winds along west cliff right now. I can see the bay from my deck. Looks pertty from here. I know it's crowded, so I'm not dealing with that.