Page 217 of 217 FirstFirst ... 212 213 214 215 216 217
Results 5,401 to 5,410 of 5410
    LDD, you better be in the water this morning!!!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

3 weeks then I'll finally be at the emerald Isle again.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Nor cal has been firing these past few days, my closest break was the best I've seen it in the last few years Monday at sunset, all day Tuesday, and sunrise this morning. My arms are noodles and the daily 4:30am alarm for sunrise sessions are getting old, but damn has this been a good run of swell.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Called in Sick Tuesday and Wednesday. Headed up to San Onofre. Long Drive form East County San Diego but worth every penny. 15 years ago I would be sitting outside at Uppers. but I have really been digging San Onofre. I guess thats what happens when you get old.
    I sat outside but still on the "Corner" where when the big sets rolled through you could make it all the way to the inside. I caught a lot of waves but 5 stand out, the ones that I stayed high on the lip and connected all the way through. Caught the biggest wave I have ridden in 5 years, again well worth the drive.
    Wednesday was about half the size but still a respectable day. caught more waves but none were anywhere near as thrilling as the bombs on Tuesday.
    man, I love those big south swells. Cant wait till the next

Heading to the San Diego area in August (La Jolla, Del Mar, Encinitas) and would like to take my 10 year old, who’s never surfed, out to a simple, easy break. Any recs?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Thanks!

la jolla shores or tourmaline if you're in SD. if north, there's miles of empty beach break up and down the coast if you're just pushing into whitewater.

Down here for a long weekend for a wedding on Saturday. Was able to get in 3 long sessions Fri-Sun

Fri: flew in, drove to grab my board in escondido then headed to carlsbad. Sat inside the peak at my favorite reef and caught a bunch of fun ones. Going from desert > paddling a 5 10 is always rough. Lasted about 90-2hours. End of that big swell was still around, and it was consistent chest high

Sat: swell dropped, I didn't have as much time, but hit a beach break in carlsbad with some nice sandbars and caught a decent amount of waves, only 1 great. Probably only waist high

Sun: met my cousin that lives on 33rd in newport at San O and surfed with him and his son. Spent the afternoon on the beach having a few beers and paddling out several times. Was on the 8 0 catch surf, felt like paddling a boat after 2 days on the shortboard. Waves were knee/waist high but consistent and super long rides until the tide came up a bit and killed everything off other than the peak at old mans. Like TEXAS mentioned that place is a hoot. Had to wait for like 80 minutes to get in (arrived at 10:45AM) which really sucked, but was worth it in the end.

^^^thanks!

Also, Cardiff is good for what you're looking for Noshow
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Caught a nice left in Remanso, Nica last night as the sunset. Honestly, I've been off the board and on the work for about two years, so stoked to get a good one and get the muscles firing.

Heading to the San Diego area in August (La Jolla, Del Mar, Encinitas) and would like to take my 10 year old, who’s never surfed, out to a simple, easy break. Any recs?
    Tournamaline in PB,or....Sunset Cliffs. Its a climb down and some rocks but if you go there the waves are slow on the inside and you can actually catch smooth unbroken faces