Page 163 of 224 FirstFirst ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 5587
    ankle biters, thigh slappers, and the occasional dick tickler wave up here in NE MA. Dodging bodies like mines but I guess thats good practice. Either way, can't complain when the waters warm enough for two+ hours and no wet suit! Maybe one more day of sliding before she goes flat again

^^impossible...its always offshore head high and empty in NH/ME

just ask Rog
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post

just ask Rog
    If you're a 3' midge. Dude had some problems with his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    Yawnnnn.... pavones going off recently and our surfhouse is full with happy people.
    Always great when you chime in king douche.

I was lucky enough to get a big break today, so instead of Newport me and a buddy went down to Tresltes. I surfed the Barbedwires area, between Uppers and Cottons, and it was going off. Shoulder high to occasionally a foot overhead, long and lined up lefts, at least 80 yards with man much longer. I sat slightly wide of the pack, which was not huge, and picked off wave after wave. It might have been my best day of the summer. I forgot how great Tresltes can be.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post

just ask Rog
    thats true. i guess i just go to all the wrong spots.

usually I overestimate wave height. Nothing higher than ball height yesterday but not much better than going out for a piss and a paddle in some warm New England water

was in NYC last weekend for a few days. ended up out at Long Beach sunday morning around 8 with offshores and waist high waves. had a good session before the tide killed in in about 45 minutes.

unexpected for sure!

Oceanside harbor today. Chest high. Lots of close outs but fast lefts next to the south jetty

I lived in Rockaway for 18 months. Lots of people dont know the power NY has and that NYC has barrels

I surfed 9Oth St from 90-95. Nice consistent break with some fun punch and could get barreling on the right tides. Was kind of surprised how good it could get.

Surfed last Tuesday at Wells Beach in Maine with some childhood friends I started this whole surfing thing 30 plus years ago. Wells was the beach I started at. It was perhaps belly high on the better sets, but stayed calm to offshore and stayed out for three hours in toasty water. Good times for sure.

Got my son and nephews out on the boogies every day last week. Monday had some decent size at York. Perhaps chest high (hard to tell with the chop and being on the sponge) and was decent through Wednesday. And they had fun all week.

Never hooked up with Rog, but chatted. He is living life. Said Monday sunrise swell was head high south of the restaurant. May have been a stretch, but perhaps. Rivermouth may have seen that at low on Monday.

Love getting in the water in Maine. Old friends and some of the most lovely beaches state side. And I've been fortunate enough to be able to surf each of the past seven summers back there. Good times.

New swell coming in at pavones.... ohhhh yaaaaa

Heading out towards the north coast (then towards OR, and back to SLC) tonight or tomorrow AM. Surf near Crescent City seems to be junky windswell in 55 degree water. No thanks. I'll wait until I head to SD last week of the month to get wet.

^^^ Yeah. I know places can get good in Jefferson, but it seems a bit too wild to count on it.

Good to be home. No swell to speak of really. The bar is still great at Cowells. Thigh high on the very best of them today, but even the anklets were setting up for 40 to 50 yards. Had to wait for those thigh high waves, or work the anklets, cause the crowd was jamming up everything in between. Gotta go to that place knowing it is kookville. I think I got hit by 7 different boards today, just while trimming down the line. Nice to get back in the water after several weeks of travel.

Word of Maine still staying fun sized. I hear Pavonnes is doing alright as well.

It's always nice in Maine...according to the hashtag Rog

http://cinnamonrainbows.com/surf-cam-report

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Gotta go to that place knowing it is kookville. I think I got hit by 7 different boards today, just while trimming down the line.
    Jeez, your a patient man. I will normally go to the out of the way spot that sucks just to avoid the unwashed masses.

I have been pretty much out of the water for the last year. I look at the cams, they suck, it is just so hard to get motivated. God I am lazy. I just want to ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Jump on a plane dude.... flights are super cheap these days.

liv2ski, 5 minutes from my door and I grab every wave I want. I get stuffed in traffic occasionally, but mostly dodge around folks, and make it down the line and through a sweet section or more. Often it is just for the length of ride and paddle. More like doing laps around the track than surfing. I choose this because I have no patience. Sitting around this time of year waiting for a peak to go, while sitting on my shortboard is just not worth the time unless there is a solid swell running. And the wind allows me to travel up the coast. I have crowds of more than 4 when actually surfing. On the log, I can cut through a pack of a hundred plus and still usually come out on the other side.

la douche, I'd love to come visit and hang, but I just rather spend my time at home right now. Just got back from a tour of family and family like friends, and got plenty of work saved up to be completed on the home and property before the fall swells start rolling in. Not to mention my kids school starts in a week, and I've committed to some volunteer work there. All worth it. Maybe next time buddy. Sounds like your kind of lonely down there. Is the retainer up on the girlfriend?

choo choooooooooo

Yawn... pavones going off...my brother caught a 950 yard bomb today... he's still trying to reach that 1000 yard mark..... to bad for me I'm not there..m I'm stuck in a 200k skiff in se ak making bank.... gotta wok sometime.

I hear you man. When I go along time without using the wok, I feel like my technique fails a bit. It is important to keep that toss hand in shape.

Lemme ask you this, cause you are the expert. How is a typical June there? Consistent, or are you likely to miss any swell. Asking because I'm getting together with some buddies for trip in June, and we are considering options.

Let's see if you can provide something constructive. Good money is you can't, so I'm setting the bar low for this one.

How does your bro know when he gets to 1000 yard? Is he using one of those gps trackers? Is he a stats dude?

EDIT: Waves still small and weak in norcal. Decent little south today. Kept a full foam egg under me. Not worth enough to sit on the short board.

I hear you man. When I go along time without using the wok, I feel like my technique fails a bit. It is important to keep that toss hand in shape.

Lemme ask you this, cause you are the expert. How is a typical June there? Consistent, or are you likely to miss any swell. Asking because I'm getting together with some buddies for trip in June, and we are considering options.

Let's see if you can provide something constructive. Good money is you can't, so I'm setting the bar low for this one.

How does your bro know when he gets to 1000 yard? Is he using one of those gps trackers? Is he a stats dude?

EDIT: Waves still small and weak in norcal. Decent little south today. Kept a full foam egg under me. Not worth enough to sit on the short board.
    Ledges? Think I saw your car as I was driving to Well Within with the wife. I was not happy that I'd forgotten a board and suit on the way into work last night.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Best summer swell I've ever seen in southern NE yesterday. Consistent overhead plus all day and building throughout. Crowds were manageable in the good spots-got to share the point with 3 friends and 1 quiet local for an hour!!! Warm water and hot sun made for a truly memorable day. If only I could surf as well backside as my friends surf it frontside...the perils of traveling for waves with three goofy footers.

Quote Originally Posted by alev View Post
    Best summer swell I've ever seen in southern NE yesterday. Consistent overhead plus all day and building throughout. Crowds were manageable in the good spots-got to share the point with 3 friends and 1 quiet local for an hour!!! Warm water and hot sun made for a truly memorable day. If only I could surf as well backside as my friends surf it frontside...the perils of traveling for waves with three goofy footers.
    Nice! My son and couple buds left before dawn to RI for that one. He said it was 'awesome' and the water was so warm.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Nice! My son and couple buds left before dawn to RI for that one. He said it was 'awesome' and the water was so warm.
    Water was insanely warm! Im used to the chilly NE MA water. It was worth the drive for sure. It was worth the shitty boston traffic on the way back too! Not often we get a swell like that with 72 degree water around here.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Ledges? Think I saw your car as I was driving to Well Within with the wife. I was not happy that I'd forgotten a board and suit on the way into work last night.
    County Line. Was much better this morning. Not tube city, but I did get into a few. Mostly fast, so only a few face carves, but when they opened up, super fun turns. Solid head high today. One of my last waves started with a take off stand up barrel. So fun.

Quote Originally Posted by alev View Post
    Water was insanely warm! Im used to the chilly NE MA water. It was worth the drive for sure. It was worth the shitty boston traffic on the way back too! Not often we get a swell like that with 72 degree water around here.
    I used to make that same trip, but usually after Labor Day. I'd also take overnight trips out of NYC (when I lived there), to RI. It sticks out so nicely to pick up those hurricane swells. I've gotten a few big days at Pt Judith and two at Ruggles. Even surfed the reef way outside of there. I think it was called Green Point. Also surfed inside the harbor to the right of Pt Judith, as well as M., west across the inlet. As well as more east of Newport. Some really fun waves in RI. It is where the east coast shifts all sand to mostly rock, but is still exposed to a variety of swells. Some of the best reef breaks in the east. I always though the cobblestone reef at M. was an exceptional left when it was head high or more. 3 out of 5 the biggest days I've had on the east coast have been in Rhode Island. Two at Judith and one at that reef outside of Ruggles.

And what cold ME water are you nipping about? I was just there at the change of months and it felt quite warm. Spent hours in the water with my son and nephews with out a chill. I think it was 52F where I surfed yesterday. Much warmer today with no upwelling and south flow. Maybe even 60F. BTW, heard O was stomach and Wells waist, so it sounds like you scored.

County Line. Was much better this morning. Not tube city, but I did get into a few. Mostly fast, so only a few face carves, but when they opened up, super fun turns. Solid head high today. One of my last waves started with a take off stand up barrel. So fun.

I used to make that same trip, but usually after Labor Day. I'd also take overnight trips out of NYC (when I lived there), to RI. It sticks out so nicely to pick up those hurricane swells. I've gotten a few big days at Pt Judith and two at Ruggles. Even surfed the reef way outside of there. I think it was called Green Point. Also surfed inside the harbor to the right of Pt Judith, as well as M., west across the inlet. As well as more east of Newport. Some really fun waves in RI. It is where the east coast shifts all sand to mostly rock, but is still exposed to a variety of swells. Some of the best reef breaks in the east. I always though the cobblestone reef at M. was an exceptional left when it was head high or more. 3 out of 5 the biggest days I've had on the east coast have been in Rhode Island. Two at Judith and one at that reef outside of Ruggles.

And what cold ME water are you nipping about? I was just there at the change of months and it felt quite warm. Spent hours in the water with my son and nephews with out a chill. I think it was 52F where I surfed yesterday. Much warmer today with no upwelling and south flow. Maybe even 60F. BTW, heard O was stomach and Wells waist, so it sounds like you scored.
    Yup, we stayed east of Newport and scored on a nice cobblestone left. Would have preferred a right though... Figured Ruggles and anything close to Newport would be jacked. South facing beaches closed at high tide because the surge was filling the parking lot.

I'm in Gloucester, so we don't get the warm gulf stream waters that Maine gets (seriously). We topped out at high 60s a few weeks ago, but water is back down to 62. We just never get that comfortable warm water for extended periods of time in the summer. Yes, warmer than SC water, but much cooler than the low 70s down in Rhode Island from Gert (btw, what gender is Gert?).