Page 190 of 224 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 5588
    Pumping on the west coast today. Windy up here till mid week so town is packed. Got a quick session just west of town before the crowd and winds started showing up there.

Spring storms look like they might break through. Hoping that does good things to break down the spring wind machine.

Top notch day here in Maine surfing the standard spot with the warmer weather crowds. Plenty of waves for all. Probably top day of the season for me, in terms of quality of waves AND me being on my game. Sometimes I'm the KingoftheKooks (KOK), sometimes the KingoftheBeach (KOB). Varies day to day

Got a fun two hour window in Newport today from 10 to noon. Slight texture, but it was not bad at that point. I surfed 32nd street which was shoulder high to occasionally head high with decent shape. Nothing epic, but had a few really fun ones that lined up well. Trestles looked fun, but I had far too little time for that. It looks like that weather is coming in tomorrow, but hopefully I will sneak in a session.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by alev View Post
    Top notch day here in Maine surfing the standard spot with the warmer weather crowds. Plenty of waves for all. Probably top day of the season for me, in terms of quality of waves AND me being on my game. Sometimes I'm the KingoftheKooks (KOK), sometimes the KingoftheBeach (KOB). Varies day to day
    Nice.

Just down the street. My kid had sinus surgery recently and couldn't go, but snapped pics of his buds.

Is that shorts?

Fun days on hold out here. Full on winter storm victory at sea SW winds on it since yesterday. At least the peaks are getting a spring refresh and the garden has a freebe water week.

Winds swing back NW tonight bringing town and points back on line with still solid amounts of swell in the water. Especially for May. Alas no zero wind storm days with this round.

Saturday morning was lots of fun at 32nd in Newport. Not too crowded, enough peaks that the crowd was spread out.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Annndddddd unlesssomethingchanges its flat forever

Cowells was fun yesterday. In the midst of a storm cycle, with 8@13ish nw and 2@15ish sw and plenty of wind swell making it all over the place. Only 20 or so out, with a peak shifting 100 yards made for some great surfing. Never stopped moving for the hour we were out with the best rides 300 yards peak to beach. Can’t complain about that. And some of the waves even had some size pushing chest high. So much fun having a little face on the log. Non long period made for lots of cut backs, face carved and nose rides.

Home with the sick boy for the day today. Only had a 1.5 hour window in the last five days. Sure made the most of it. Sand is holding up so well at the cove. Looks like we could have a good bar all summer. Too bad the schools get out soon and the surf schools get packed.

Turkey town pavones has been going off the last couple weeks...1000 yard sometimes triple overhead.... our surf house is full and I've been hiking the Camino DE Santiago is Spain for the last month... life is good.

Newport has been great all month. I have gotten lots of mid-day windows for the last few weeks, which has been really nice. Nothing huge, but at least shoulder high with pretty good shape on most days. The water is finally warming up, it is now in the low 60's. Yesterday was the first day the beach seemed crowded, like summer weekend crowd, but folks in the water were pretty spread out.

100 or so km north of porto Portugal nice waves and beaches that make California look boring.... cheap one euro coffee and hot women everywhere... life is good.

heading to SD for a wedding tomorrow. Hopefully will be able to get a session in friday PM, and saturday and sunday AM. Looks like a new S filling in!

Nags Head NC. Outer banks. Small and fast. But it’s the ocean for 2 weeks and I’ve got a 6’ Log stashed out here and I’m getting in turns man. God I love the ocean swells.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sweet. Getting in the ocean is the best.

Forgot how much I love tropical water. In Kauai boating a dear old friend and his family, along with being out here with a bunch of my kid’s friend’s families. Having a blast. Looks like decent to very solid south swell for 12 out of the 13 days we are here.

Swells will still be running at home but I might forget how to put on a 4/3 and boots.

Morocco beach break was fun the other day... now in the Atlas mountains

Catching waves in OBX for a week and a half. Small but fun. Supposed to kick up on Saturday just as we leave. Hoping we are here for a few.

Back home to a cranking swell. Did not forget how to surf in the wetsuit. Great to be back. Was missing our summer stone fruit. That shit is so good.

I’m not sure I surfed at all between the new year and June (intense work period, epic ski season) but I’ve surfed seven out of the last nine days. Man, it feels good! It’s been fantastic to appreciate the little things after a long break, like how otherworldly it feels to be fleetingly walking on water and watching it curl and stand up in front of you. Even stranger when you’re flowing atop a wave with a bunch of others stationary below watching you ride past. And the way that in good conditions the water goes from mostly silent to the sudden crackling of the lip turning over. As opposed to the steady white noise of ocean beach in summer down the street. (It feels a little strange that I’ve been driving an hour-plus each way to surf when I live seven blocks from the beach, but that’s how it goes I guess).

It definitely helps that for pretty much the first time I feel reasonably competent, at least when it comes to longboarding. Progression is still so slow but at least I’m not frustrated, and the pace has picked up enough I’m at least aware that I’m improving. I’m not sure how far I’ll get before my body really slows down, but it seems like it’ll be a worthwhile journey. I set foot in the ocean once my entire childhood; I feel incredibly fortunate to get to experience this stuff.

Cranking out there today. Best run of summer south swell in years. Kind of thing that started this thread. Although, less wind would be nicer. Kid and wife hop on a plane mid day Friday, then the swell is pretty much done. Go figure.

^^^found similar up in farnorcal today. Best summer surf I’ve seen. So many waves working with such good quality in Del Norte, still hard to believe was real.

Delta Airlines just announced they are waving all sports equipment fees now, including surfboards. I will finally own and travel with my own boards. Stoked for this. Hope other airlines follow suit.

^^^ I just flew Alaska Air and they consider surfboards regular luggage. They didn't even weigh the bag, which was 48# on the way there. My wife has their credit card, so our first bag is free.

Still some fun south swell out there this morning, but it looks like that run has come to an end. At least the wind swell machine has turned on.

we're headed to ireland this friday. not a lot of swell in the forecast, but really cold, rainy and windy. (like 10-12°C max in august. if this forecast comes through its actually going to snow in the scottish mountains.)Yay? Now I know why i went to indo all those years.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

great little pulse in NE the past few days. I've moved back to MA from ME, but hope to get up there often still. Combo platter of wind chop and long period swell made for a good few days (good and crowded). Great to keep the streak going through the summer months. bring on a hurricane swell!

This has been a very good summer in Orange County. Some great days, but more importantly it has been consistent.