Page 4 of 224 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    ^That looks like the perfect spot to watch people river surf.

I can catch a wave in the ocean but I would not say I could catch one of those waves. On that link, one guy surfed it really good and then the next guy paddle out and got swept down river. That would be me, lol!

i was at big sur this weekend, unreal glass, river wide. One guy was on a long board riding for 45 minutes, just going back and forth. Pretty sick

here is a pix a poached from mt buzz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big sur.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	97883

nh seacoast offered up fun lil clean peaky waves this morning. some pretty long rides on the blunt due to the fact that you could sometimes connect 2-3 different waves by pumping speed across the flats to the next bowl.

water felt really warm. only a few folks out.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    i was at big sur this weekend, unreal glass, river wide. One guy was on a long board riding for 45 minutes, just going back and forth. Pretty sick
    Where was he surfing? I assume this was a standing river wave...

About as flat as it gets in SC today. Hopefully this next round of souths stir up a few. The NW winds are just killing any chance of getting up the coast.

^^^
    OUtside Grand Junction, to the east.
    Only comes up when the river is about 20,000 cfs which is pretty rare,
    heading back tomorrow afternoon and will get some pixs

South swell just started to show in town. I think it will be a worth while swell. The Point was fun for a log (or even a short board if you had patience) with a decent NW wind swell making for some occasional chest high surf. Then a few sets showed around 11:30, setting up lines form 1st to the inside by the stairs. Not too bad. If only the winds would let up.

Let's see some pics Skidee, sounds like there's a lot of water moving in that river. The mention of 'Big Sur' threw me for a loop at first. That's a fairly well known beachy on the Central Coast out here.

^^^, here is some of the session from Tues night, his is on a C4 waterman blow up, the new rapid rider. Pretty sick board for an inflatable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF4GpZEtxbs
    I was at big sur yesterday and probably go back tomorrow, Will try and get some video.
    if anyone can help with embedding i would appreciate it.

no pics, but it has absolutely been going off the past few days. First got on the short board Thursday and things got better from there. Monday was off the hook. And the past two days pretty damn nice. How is SoCal? Any one get any pictures from this swell? We've been too busy enjoying it, but damn. Nice week.

Now I am off to the east coast for three weeks. Any chance of surf in New England a week or two out? I don't think it can even come close to the past few days. I just love ground swell.
    Last edited by Ottime; 07-13-2011 at 09:02 PM.

NOPE

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

No I am off to the east coast for three weeks. Any chance of surf in New England a week or two out? I don't think it can even come close to the past few days. I just love ground swell.
    ah, no. i've seen maybe 3 days above waist high since may. like belly high at best. ok, one day i scored head high surf during a thunder/lightning storm. was the only one out at the rocks for hours. wonder why? it was well worth it.

been touring the rivers on the SUP a ton tho. always somethin to do round here. maybe some lil waves this weekend into next week.

if yer gonna be around the nh seacoast, pm me. i'm always out when it's six-oh-able.

rog

Unfortunately, No surf for this guy since Sunday...work has decided to bury me.

Skiddee, that's pretty cool stuff. Add 3' to that and you'd be amped

Last weekend was great. I got to surf fri/sat/sun, with Sunday being several feet overhead in the Trestles area. I have not been able to get out this week, but might be able to get out of the office a couple of hours early today. I am hoping to leave around 3, and jet down to surf uppers/barbedwires/cottons. If I can't make it out early, I will try to hit Newport as it glasses off. There should be some ridable surf this weekend, although it is dropping.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Who is pumped for the swell about to hit?

I'm in the office checking the surfline cam for Newport 54/56. It looks like it is starting to fill in.

I can't get any tonight, but tomorrow evening should be good. It should pump all weekend.

Last weekend was more fun than expected. Saturday morning newps was shoulder high. It wasn't epic, but still fun. Barbedwires, the area between Uppers and Cottons was fun on Sunday, shoulder high and pretty consistent. This weekend should be a lot better though.

EDIT: Just checked the Uppers cam. Surfline is already calling Uppers 4-5. This one should be good.
    Last edited by Long duc dong; 08-31-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Holy shoots, the cams here in central san diego show solid lines pushing through and the break is not known for south swells. I'm sure it's inconsistent and I'll miss all the sets but I'm going down to investigate for an hour right now, tomorrow might be fun.

Upwelling soon to happen??? full suit for me just in case

Lines are pushing into the lane and all the way through cowells. This thing is going to be fun. waiting for the mrs. to show up and take jr for a run.

Couple funs ones pushing through tonight, you get some Ottime?

Fuck. NW/SW combo up here is pretty amazing. Headed north with plans for 4 Mile, but no winds, and I got the reefs up at Waddell abandoned. Some plus size sets, as in several feet overhead. And thumping. Had to straighten out on a bigger one, and was driven all the way to the inside. Spent some time under water. Only got 6 or so waves, but that one had size, and my wave in was a standup shack. Excited about this swell. Time to play.

combo swell and stand up shackage? Ottime for the win

I gotta say, this is some of the biggest summer surf I have ever seen in Santa Cruz. Fun times today! Took the kids out to watch a contest at the lane this morning which was cool before some water time myself. I just walked down to the beach access by the house we are staying at and the waves are washing across the road (east cliff). I have seen that in the winter but never the summer!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

^^^ you over by 26th? I used to live on Palisades. My backyard was Lake Moran. I had this sick tomato garden in the there until a huge south swell swept in and over the road, filling the lake with salt water. And destroying my crop. Lucky for me, my room mate new how to clone plants and we started anew on higher ground.

Good timing kona. The next few days may be the best of the summer.

Sea Height: 6.4 ft
    Primary Swell Height: 5.1 ft
    Primary Swell Period: 22.4 secs
    Primary Swell Direction: 203 degrees
    Surf Height: 9.1-11.3 ft
    Oceanside buoy putting up some respectable numbers for summer time, 5.1ft at 22.4 seconds

Heading out for a checky in my neighborhood now....

Got stuck playing golf yesterday afternoon but checked it out around 7pm last night on the way home. Big long walls of doom at the beachbreaks in PB. Got in the water at 6 this morning at low tide which kinda sucked but got some fun ones. Paddled out at Calumet and surfed Cindy's mainly. Fun, not super good or consistent but good start to the day. Should be a great holiday weekend if the swell holds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^ you over by 26th? I used to live on Palisades. My backyard was Lake Moran. I had this sick tomato garden in the there until a huge south swell swept in and over the road, filling the lake with salt water. And destroying my crop. Lucky for me, my room mate new how to clone plants and we started anew on higher ground.

Good timing kona. The next few days may be the best of the summer.
    Funny, we are 2 or 3 houses south of Moran on east cliff. Got your message about the suit. Your tip on the outlet was $$$. I got a $250 suit for $150! I owe you one!

Where you going to be in the morning? Quite honestly, this surf is out of my league so I'd love to come snap some pics of you. No worries either way though.

FYI, just got back from watching pleasure point and it is huge out there! A zoo though
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."