Page 200 of 224 FirstFirst ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 5587
    Here is a snap shot of San Diego this summer. I sure hope it wakes up in a month.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2003
Size:  25.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Finally we hit the pot o gold.
    Some nice reef sessions to round up the trip. Today was good in the morning. Right now I'm waiting for a second session. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200902_190528.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	338939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200902_072259.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	338940
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I would of hit it Good for you.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Nice!
    Hows the water there in the summer?

Liv: the photo was from 6:30 am. I went in 30min later.

Norton : water is around 15 degrees. Last year was colder. This year I had only 3 sessions with booties and only one with hood(mostly wind related).
    Down south it can go up to 16degrees or a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Norton : water is around 15 degrees. Last year was colder. This year I had only 3 sessions with booties and only one with hood(mostly wind related). Down south it can go up to 16degrees or a little more.
    15 degrees Where are you? Alaska?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    15 degrees Where are you? Alaska?
    We're communist. And use communist metrics.

Still chilly as fuck for summer. That is about as cold as it gets in winter here.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Still chilly as fuck for summer. That is about as cold as it gets in winter here.
    that's why ireland will never be crowded in winter. I would never go there. Constant howling storms sometimes 70kmh onshore for days. 7-10 deg water and air (and air gets to zero if it comes tsraight from greenland). And only 6 Hours of daylight. You really have to want that.

Sometimes Surfline is right.

I set things up so that I could have a long late morning/afternoon on Wednesday and things worked out. I went down to Trestles and surfed the Barbedwires area, between Cottons and Uppers. It was head high to maybe a foot overhead and awesome. A nice section for a bottom turn and a sweeping cutback, then lined up on the inside. The lefts were running for maybe 100 yards, occasionally longer. Very easy to surf, when a kook like me can feel like he is driving a bottom turn you know things are good. It was crowded, but the crowd was reasonably spread out. The water was warm and I spent about 3.5 hours in the water. Surfline is calling it 68-70 and I was able to trunk/rashguard it from 10 am until around 130, so I would say that was accurate. I never really got cold. I love it when things come together like that. I feel very fortunate that I can do things like that. After years in an office, when I would pray that the wind held off or switched so that I could get an evening session in, I feel lucky when I'm surfing head high 100 yard lefts in 70 degree water at 11 am on a Wednesday.

Yesterday I was busy, in no small part due to my hedonism on Wednesday, so I was only able to sneak in a quick session in HB, south of the pier. It was fun, but the wind got on it early. I was able to trunk it there. Let's hope the warm water stays.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

You get in a lot. Jealous. COVID takes up too much of my time to get in regularly these days.

I did get out last Wednesday. It was pretty good here as well. Waddell was about head high on the sets. Oily glass. The sky was slate red and it felt like dusk at 3pm. The mountains rising out of the ocean across the street were scorched and burned. It felt like a surfing scene in the movie The Road. End of Days Sessions are pretty rad.

I get in a whole lot more than I used to.

Being remote I can structure my day to get a session in more often than not. That is less true in the winter, as weekends in Mammoth often necessitate slightly busier weeks. The other key for me is proximity: I can be at 56th street in Newport in five minutes, or south HB in 10 minutes. It is also nice that when I get home from a mid-morning session I can just take a quick shower and sit right down at the computer, I don't have to put on a corpo casual uniform or worry about how I look. I feel very lucky to get out as often as I do, during my office bound days I would get maybe 3 sessions a week, which represented weekends and maybe one evening a week, and during the winter it was maybe an average of 2-3 times a month. My office was near the intersection of the 73 and the 405 and I only had a 15 minute commute, so I could get to 56th street a half hour after leaving my desk. I could also hop right on the 73 and get to Trestles in an hour if I kept a board in my car during the day. I felt fortunate at the time to have that kind of freedom, although now it is much better. If I was working on Covid related stuff I doubt I would get much water time at all right now.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Not a surfer, but recently came across the "Stab in the Dark" series. Watched the one with Dane Reynolds.

Would be dope to see something similar done for skis. One great pro. Ripping a dozen blacked out sticks and talking about them. Ski shapes though are probably too specific.

Na, I meant COIVD has my wife and kid home all day. And I need to stick around to help him keep on track while she teaches. They fucking tear up the house being here, so maintenance as well.

My work is a 4 minute bike ride away, and usually I only need to be there from about noon to 2PM each day. And technically not even that, but can't see how it would e done otherwise. I was able to take a day off here and there for good surf an planned a week off for ski week with my family last year.

Proximity is key. I'm a mile from the water, about 1.2 miles to Steamers, but tend to drive 3-15 miles to surf much less crowded locales. I was doing well the past few years to make it happen. But I got injured last Thanksgiving and missed surfing much of last winter, and then the virus hit.

It is also a matter of the state burning. AQI sucks up here. Although I did go for a ride today. Had a window and the surf was small and blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

Proximity is key. I'm a mile from the water, about 1.2 miles to Steamers, but tend to drive 3-15 miles to surf much less crowded locales. I was doing well the past few years to make it happen. But I got injured last Thanksgiving and missed surfing much of last winter, and then the virus hit.
    Yeah, it didn't take my kid long to figure that out. He's always up north.

You're in good spot. My kids new place now that he's all graduated is close to Humble Sea with quick acess to the north.

That is a great spot to people. People drive for hours to park right near there and start a bike ride.

We are neighbors. I'm on the other side of Mission, but a two minute right to Humble Sea. Besides biking out the door for sweet 10-20-30 mile rides, it is also instant north.

Does he surf 3 or 4 Mile? Usually north county surfers choose one of those two spots when the wind starts blowing. I'm a 3 Mile guy, as I know that spot and on the right day can get insane waves out of such mediocre point and not deal with the crowds/vibe of 4 Mile. Others fucking hate that wave and will instinctively go to 4 Mile. If the winds/tide come up too much, I head to NBs. Wonder if I've seen him in the water.

Crazy that he is graduated. Damn.

Great session this morning north of the HB pier. I was in the water for a long time, 7 to about 915. It was super clean and about a foot overhead. The current was nuts, I got in at tower 10 and got out at tower 18 for the walk back, then did it again. For fun, glassy, overhead lefts I will gladly do that. One of my buddies was getting in as I left, he said it stayed glassy until after noon. HB is really great with a bit of size, Newport gets so steep that it can really knock one for a loop. HB is awesome at a foot overhead. Tomorrow should be good.

I can feel the intese cold just watching the photos LMAO

Perfect spot for starters

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    That is a great spot to people. People drive for hours to park right near there and start a bike ride.

We are neighbors. I'm on the other side of Mission, but a two minute right to Humble Sea. Besides biking out the door for sweet 10-20-30 mile rides, it is also instant north.

Does he surf 3 or 4 Mile? Usually north county surfers choose one of those two spots when the wind starts blowing. I'm a 3 Mile guy, as I know that spot and on the right day can get insane waves out of such mediocre point and not deal with the crowds/vibe of 4 Mile. Others fucking hate that wave and will instinctively go to 4 Mile. If the winds/tide come up too much, I head to NBs. Wonder if I've seen him in the water.

Crazy that he is graduated. Damn.
    You're in a perfect spot. We've been looking at real estate for a while now and that is the area for us. I'd just like to see the market drop a little. Its overinflated for sure.

He avoids crowds and doesn't mind funky waves...being an ec'er an all. So yeah, he surfs 3, 4, Dav, Scott's, etc. He doesn't go to the Lane or down to east side like Pleasure much. But he's a kid with time, so he has time to go everywhere. He does like the nat bridge quirky wave also.

Yup, 4 years gone by and no longer an active slug. Crazy. I'm old!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3630.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	329.4 KB 
ID:	341634

First real NW this year. Absolute beauty in DelNorte. Good swell, sandbars in decent shape, offshores all day. As good as it gets in FarNorCal.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Murian View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3630.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	329.4 KB 
ID:	341634

First real NW this year. Absolute beauty in DelNorte. Good swell, sandbars in decent shape, offshores all day. As good as it gets in FarNorCal.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Nice!

That is a beautiful shot. Surfing up there would scare the piss out of me. You folks are hearty souls!

Yeah, SC lit up this past Friday and weekend. Too bad my shoulder popped again this past week. Now I'm out again and looking at the knife. Oh well, so as it goes.

Anyone else get some today...?

been there done that

if PT has not worked you’ll be happy once it’s fixed

recovery is tough but you’ll be surfing again
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Yup. Looking forward to getting it stitched up. Want that thing inside.