Page 186 of 224 FirstFirst ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 5587
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Based on that I took a chance and ordered a Evolved. Hard to beat $300 for a semi custom shape. Will report here on first impressions and ride after it comes in.
    What year did you go back to to pay $300 for a new board and how do I arrange the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    What year did you go back to to pay $300 for a new board and how do I arrange the same?
    Just looked at their site. Interesting boards and hard to beat the price. I imagine shipping to NE is killer. Anyway, let us know how it works out, esp given the price

Just an immediate FYI, Matuse has the Dante 4/3 on sale for $248 tonight.

Down to $232. Hidden version on backcountry for same price.

Tempted, but then I’d looks like I was from SF. Almost as bad as showing up in a patagucci. (Sarcasm emoticon)

Do you own a Matuse? What do you like about them?

Been super happy with my Excel Infiniti and Drylock over the years. Usually find them for about $220 when I need them. Saw an Infiniti on the Clymb discounted to $158 the other day, but I’m not in the market right now.

Name:  santa cruz.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  125.0 KB

Down to $232. Hidden version on backcountry for same price.

Tempted, but then I’d looks like I was from SF. Almost as bad as showing up in a patagucci. (Sarcasm emoticon)
    It’s funny because it’s true! My suit is a matuse and my bud (who also lives in SF) just bought a Patagonia suit last season to replace his own matuse. They had deep discounts last year and now tons of people around here are in them.

My suit fits super well and is still warm six or seven years after I bought it. It helps that I got it 50% off or something like that at Wise.

Supposedly the Yamamoto rubber wetsuits (matuse, feral, and a couple others I think) don’t absorb as much water so they’re warmer. And also more eco friendly since they’re made out of japanese rocks somehow.

I think the Dante isn’t Yamamoto though; not sure since their marketing is strange and confusing.

I think Matuse is stretchier than anything else on the market. Makes it easier to paddle. When you go through a few hundred lines of whitewater on a big day at OB, and a set is coming, that little bit of stretch can make the difference between you sitting outside or sitting back on the sand. This is #4 for me with Matuse. I've done Patagonia x 2. The hooded R3 was leaky and stiff, and light contact with a fin left a huge gash, causing it to need a two month trip to Patagonia that cost well north of $120. When it came back, it still was leaky. Two mid-range O'Neill's, good basic suits. One Rip Curl that was pretty basic. Infinity Drylock 5/4 that is pretty hefty. I'd guess 25# wet. It takes a while to dry out, but it's pretty warm. I think I'm on my 4th Isurus. Their suits now last a little longer, but aren't as flexy as in the beginning.

Im in a 5.5 vissla for a winter suit. Whereas it is quite light, much lighter than a patagonia r3 (i think its that one), it is a bit stiff to be in. Im mostly out of shape right now, but I was warm and comfortable for the most part all of last winter in NE in the vissla.

Yawnnnnn about the wetsuit talk

^^^thata funny because that is how we feel about everything you post. Maybe your mom cares what you have to say.

Never liked the Patagonia suits. Stiff, poor fit. And I can get them pretty cheap.

I’ve only bought Excels recently. They fit me the best, will last three plus years of 5 days a week use and feel stretchy enough. And I can usually get an Infiniti for $175 or Drylock for $215 out the door.

I can grab a tip curl down the street for about $175 and is more stretchy, but id be lucky if it last a year.

I guess I’d try one of these new fancy suits for the right price if the fit is good.

And Jesus BS, how much rubber do you need. Of course a 5mil is stiff. Fuck that. I’ve got a 2mil for summer, old 4/3 for sunny days and a new one for cold day.

Brand new this year Patagonia suits are definitely stretchier and better made than previous versions. Direct comparison of last years r4 to this years r4 that my buddy just got. New one is a nice suit. Old one leaves a few things to be desired.

Anyone watch the Peahi contest yesterday? Bummed they called it off but it legit looked like someone could die. Albee and Kai are insane.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It’s on right now.

Scott’s was on today. DOH+ on the rare big set. OH otherwise. Light south texture. Opening day for that break. Better late than never

Town was fun yesterday. 8-10’ at Natties. My buddy, me and two others. Long, fast and heavy. A little more warble than ideal and the barrel was not working, but another fun day of juice.

Strawjack. Let your son know Issac is off his meds. I imagine he knows him by now. Good idea for slugs to steer clear.

He was out at Scott’s the other day looking for a fight. Focused in on John, as a transient. I’ve only known John for 6 years, so not sure when he moved here. But not long ago enough. Thing is, he is off his game. Seems to fuck up more the more he barks. After John grabbed a wave, Issac seemed to be talking to himself, muttering. It got all 80’s surf movie when Joh called him to the beach 40 minutes later.

Issacs out at the Slot right now yelling at anyone who will listen. I probably should go out. He does not bother with me anymore, so I could just surf around the bull dog.

Best advice for your son. Don’t engage. Verbally or physically. Let someone else do that and just quietly surf.

Yeah, my slug is nonconfrontational. He stays clear of bs and finds a different wave. Not sure if he knows the guy, but most likely he knows of him.

Down in Costa Rica. Nice south swell made for two awesome days. Today was a mix of N and S jumbling things up. Still some good ones to be had. Few more days and is back to reality.

^^^warmth sure sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, my slug is nonconfrontational. He stays clear of bs and finds a different wave. Not sure if he knows the guy, but most likely he knows of him.
    I’m sure he does. But this guy is an expert at making people talk back. Especially when he is having an episode. Kind of a genx vc.

Anyway, lots of fun back north at Scott’s this morning. Still a bit hung over, but plenty of fun just a touch OH and lining up nicely on the inside. Maybe 6 guys out for a 100 yard plus of rippable wave. Smaller and cleaner tomorrow. Ready for more. First time I’ve felt in form since breaking the ankle.

I’m sure he does. But this guy is an expert at making people talk back. Especially when he is having an episode. Kind of a genx vc.

Sounds like a real peach.

Oh, he is.

Consistent mid period clean head high NW swell in the water today.

Ready for more juice. Although I bet it is good at OB today. Marina as well.

Hey BS, how did OB look yesterday? Saw your deleted post about 2-4’. Imagine it was decent yesterday and today tho.

New swell incoming. Looks super fun. Surfline is calling it XL but that is bullish. Looks to top out at 8@19. Plenty big, but not XL. Fucking surfline inflation.

Just went for a run along the beach a little bit ago. Offshore winds and clean, massive barrels. First time I’ve seen more expensive telephoto lenses on the sidewalk than boards in the water. It appears easily double overhead to me. Super gnarly. Looks fun for those with the skills. Lots of guys on the beach with guns looking uncertain they want to test themselves; I don’t blame them.

^^You see the tow team working Taravel? I was scratching over a set near Noriega when they went by me. I almost stained my wetsuit.

OT, Yesterday was funky at OB. It was crossed up and weird. Very shifty. I decided to give it a pass, taking the wife and baby to tacos in Sharp Park instead. My wetsuit was in the shower, but as we drove by the pier I realized I had royally fucked up. Must have been 18 guys south of the pier, head+ pit city. This was at 4pm, so to run home and grab the suit would have gotten me back with the sun down. I've never seen Sharp Park look like that.

Today was offshore till about 1530. I heard someone say 20' faces, but that's not realistic. Say 12-15'. AM was Hollywood at Sloat. Photographers everywhere, pro's, bro's and the element in the neighborhood that wear skinny jeans and come to a gun fight with a toothpick. As the day progressed, the swell focused in on the area between Sloat and Pacheco, leaving the rest of the beach wrecked, but less than 10'. It's still growing, so we will see how many people "have to work" tomorrow. Probably not so many people standing on the beach with guns.

How did SC look today? Any of this getting in down to SB, Ventura?
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Driving south on Get Hwy just now to get groceries, we were passed by a multitude of fire and rescue vehicles. When we drove by, they were putting on wetsuits. This isn't going to end well

Surfed the ledge south of Scott’s in the morning. Super fun. Mix of fun sized dying swell changing to solid long period swell as the morning progressed. It was maxing on the reef around 1pm when I left, but from the cliff it still looked money, as the wave shifted out with the dropping tide. Surfed with just two others. Then a third. Know them all. Super fun. Let’s call it 5-10 foot depending on the time of day. But those later bigger waves were thick as fuck. Scott’s has about 20 on it and only the new swell was breaking in it.

Afternoon at 3 mile. OH. Clean. Felt like surfing town with all the paddling around, dropping in, snaking, and General Tom fuckery in the water. Grabbed a few and got out of there.

Tomorrow looks good. Pt Reyes cdip is 10.8@18 and SC 8.4@18, and the swell is supposed to peak tomorrow. Might even get to break out the big boards tomorrow.

That morning high tide looks perfect for up north. Bet town will be great in the afternoon. Too bad it is going to be Friday night and every yahoo will be on it. For sure there will be more rescues Friday and this weekend.