Page 184 of 224 FirstFirst ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 5587
    It's pumping in Orange County again. It has been a good summer and fall.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Been decent here this last week. I would not call it pumping. Too many swells. Most of these spots outside of time prefer one solid swell. Not four almost solid swells. That said, we did get some size over the weekend. And I buckled the nose of my shortboard yesterday. So that sucks with the string of moderate swells lined up. Gonna be on my step up or egg for those. Oh well. Nice that things have been turning on in the npac finally.

Any of you guys in Bay Area hitting this tonight? It's $75, but the swag bag contains a Yeti Rambler, and then there's the free sauce...

https://www.tetongravity.com/films/f...esented-by-rei

^^^ having a kid in Santa Cruz, I think I’ve been to one ski flick in the last 7 years. So, nope. To bad, as I used to have fun at those. For $16. Geez, $75.

Anyone here every ride, try or seen an Evolved board? I’m looking at them because they are cheap and made here. But I’m trying to get an idea on workmanship. I can talk with the shop about design, but hoping to get an unbiased opinion on quality of shaping, glass and finish.

I’ll repair my buckle, but that board is pretty much shot and I need to get something fresh under my legs. Or we need to finally get some real surf and be done with this small stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^ having a kid in Santa Cruz, I think I’ve been to one ski flick in the last 7 years. So, nope. To bad, as I used to have fun at those. For $16. Geez, $75.

Anyone here every ride, try or seen an Evolved board? I’m looking at them because they are cheap and made here. But I’m trying to get an idea on workmanship. I can talk with the shop about design, but hoping to get an unbiased opinion on quality of shaping, glass and finish.

I’ll repair my buckle, but that board is pretty much shot and I need to get something fresh under my legs. Or we need to finally get some real surf and be done with this small stuff.
    As a new family man, I slept through it. The opening. Got the last thirty minutes of the film and three Yeti pieces. A wash, financially. The cocktails at Boulevard made it a loss, but goddamn those are great cocktails.

Evolved has been in the works. Their customer service is lacking. What exactly are you wanting?

If you can fix a buckle, you're way ahead of 99.9% on here. I'm still struggling to clear the damage from my Lib Tech from when they called security on me in Cabo.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    As a new family man, I slept through it. The opening. Got the last thirty minutes of the film and three Yeti pieces. A wash, financially. The cocktails at Boulevard made it a loss, but goddamn those are great cocktails.

Evolved has been in the works. Their customer service is lacking. What exactly are you wanting?

If you can fix a buckle, you're way ahead of 99.9% on here. I'm still struggling to clear the damage from my Lib Tech from when they called security on me in Cabo.
    I used to shape boards as a kid. So general fiberglass repair is not too hard. I don’t worry about the ascetics of a repair to much. Also, more of a crease than a full buckle. No stringer or foam damage and only on deck and rails. No crease on the bottom. About 18” from the nose. Any worse and I’d just throw the board away. Want to fix it as a back up.

I don’t mind crappy customer service if the $300 board is well built.

Looking for a 30-32L around 6.0. About 19.5 wise. General use shortboard for a 190# old guy who likes gnar.

I’m borrowing a friends FireWire. 6.4 w 35.4L. I expect it to be fine as a loaner, but too much foam for a daily driver. That is more of my groveler volume.

Spent the last couple weeks in the OC catching both Sergio and Rosa. This last week especially has been such fun size waves. Monday was such a sleeper day with almost nobody out and Tuesday was a little busier but also a little bigger and just seemed to be one of those sessions where I was sitting in the right spot away from the main crowds and the biggest set waves were coming to me. Too bad Friday was affected by the winds as much as it was, seemed like it was going to be THE morning. Sticking mostly far lookers left at Barbs.

Ott - My brother in LA has a couple of evolved boards. Honestly quality wasn't the best that is for sure. I wouldn't buy one based on fondling and a few surfs on it. But that was a few years ago, so I would expect the quality to be much better now. Have not seen a recent build. Hard to beat the price if that is what you are after. Could ask for a more durable glass/cloth.

^^^thanks. That is helpful. They currently do a 4/4/4 layup, which is pretty solid for a shortboard. I might ask for a 4/6/4 for durability and NorCal waves. On the fence with them and looking at other options.

Was the shape off in your opinion? Or would you not surf just based on quality? What was wrong with quality? Air bubbles? Glass edging? Finish?

Got out on the Slab yesterday and had a blast once I learned how to deal with that volume. Way too much for a shortboard for me, but fun enough that I’m not as rushed to order.

Surf is pumping this week. And we have a second chance at the NW opener. The one two weeks ago showed weak at first and then arrived along with strong onshores, killing it. Another chance on Thursday.

He had a groveller and a standard short board from them. Both times I was in LA for work surf was small so just surfed the groveller. Have not surfed the daily driver. I just did not get along with it in the water. Pretty similar to a groveller I had at home and could just not get it to work. Seemed very fragile as well. Covered in minor at home repairs (by my bro) and my brother surfs mostly sand bottomed beach break. Fondling and looking over the board just seemed like the workmanship wasn't top flight. Could see glass overlaps/edges, minor air bubbles, just not refined. Most boards I pick up these days (ignoring personal shape preferences) I often say, "Damn that looks and feels good. Would be super fun." This board you would pick up and say, "Could work. Could be shit. Hope I'm surprised." Again... a few years ago so take it with a grain of salt.

For reference boards at home...Pyzel Ghost, Tomo Evo, JS Monsta X, Ody groveller (puerto shaper) , Local BC shaped mini simmons, wife's long board. Mostly surf the first two these days as they are both just so fun and good at what they are designed for.

Been fun recently. W and NW reaching into the straight of southern Vancouver island. Reefs starting to work. Still waiting on the bigger fall swells to get some points to light up!

Had a great summer of some waves in Sri Lanka, Chile, and Vancouver Island Beach breaks.

Vercelli boards... hawaii... shaper is one of 3 guys that can paint the Dogtown emblem...

75° and sunny, water 70° 👍🏻👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    75° and sunny, water 70° 👍🏻👍🏻

Fuck yeah!!!

What a great day! Sunny, the air was about 73 and the water about 64. Waist to shoulder high with really clear water. Lots of little orange fish swimming about and a pod of dolphins showed us all how to do it.
    Best day I have had in a year. Just so stoked to of been out. This is why you live in So Cal. For October and November.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Fun sized past two days. Fun all week. Still have not had crisp conditions with the NW yet. Outlook is good. Love this time of year.

Ride a much smaller board today. 30.5L. Fun as hell in the head high plus somewhat junky but bowly conditions. Shocked how easily it caught waves and got up to speed. Need to try it in less steep waves and see how it does.

10/10 Maine fall surf day today, minus the Cold. 55 in the water with a ripping offshore that was colder. Didn't think to bring gloves or a hood, and with no sun out it was damn cold duck diving bare headed until i started catching enough waves to warm up. But sun came out, waves were in stellar shape running chest to head with the offshore giving it the consistent form we rarely get. Finished after the sun went down and the moon came up. Frigid walking against the wind three blocks to the car. But hey, we survived and with only ten people out everyone was catching waves until they couldn't stand anymore. Lot of hooting, mostly from us. Grateful!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using TGR Forums mobile app
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

This is my kid...at college.

Tough school.

Studying how to get pitted?
    If I was a youngster and my parents could send me to Point Loma Nazarene College, I would of been a happy kid.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  32.3 KB
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

It’s kind of funny. My parents prohibited a CA school. Especially near the coast. Thought I’d be too distracted. Instead they sent me to NYU, as if that city was not a little distracting. And I was a 45 minute subway ride from my dorm to 92nd Beach St. 3 min walk at either end meant I surfed a lot. And because it was surfing in NY, you had to go when there were waves. Defiantly missed a few labs due to the swell. Not sure it would have had affect out here. Once fall session starts there are waves basically every day. There has basically been surf everyday this month. I know for a fact it has been daily since around the 10th.

Autumn rules.

Two pics from last night. Ran out afterwards and had waist high sets all to myself until the moon came up. Everytime I take the foamie out (8'0" Softech) I am astonished at how much fun I have. That is the best bosrd for about 80% of the days here.

Name:  DSC02215-01.jpeg
Views: 302
Size:  73.7 KBName:  DSC02240-01.jpeg
Views: 354
Size:  98.6 KB

Sent from my moto g(6) play using TGR Forums mobile app
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Studying how to get pitted?
    If I was a youngster and my parents could send me to Point Loma Nazarene College, I would of been a happy kid.
    Santa Cruz is a good place to be for surf and more.

That SD college is a religious school...my kids would not have gone there.

^^^Ya, I here you, but the surf right out front of the lower dorms is stellar. I had a great session today. Head high + sets were pretty consistent. Best day I have had in a long time. Slowly getting back into surfing shape.

There's also a public college in SD with dorms a short walk from a pretty nice beach break...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app