Page 176 of 224 FirstFirst ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 5587
    Nice spitting tubes at agonda beach in goa india.... they even have a surf shop here.

Who gives a fuck? Show a pic you lying douchebag otherwise haul your ass down to the bishop laundrymap and try to score some more Crystal then scurry back to the trailer

Dude, his mom has an actual home. Trailers don’t have basements. Did he tell you he moved out of his mom’s basement? He is lying again.

Chest high and fun this morning in hb. Cold. Not epic, but fun.

One of my good friends kid won another nssa contest in socal this weekend.... kid is ripping these days.... helps that he grew up on the north Shore... hey Texas an ott.... you two should get a room. Off to Sri Lanka on the 31st.... life is good.

Off to Sri Lanka on the 31st.... life is good.

Moving to the South end of the Trailer Park ?

Got a nice little vaca/work/bike/surf trip lined up for May!

5/4 through 7 heading to santa cruz, staying in an airbnb on the east side, but pretty central. Looks to be north of Seabright. Have some bikes reserved from the factory for two of the mornings, should probably try to get some surfing in if conditions are right. Do the local shops rent wetsuits/booties along with boards? Haven't been in the water since labor day, so would want a mellow longboard session.

then on to SD for 5/7-11 for work, and hopefully post-work surfs.

Would likely bring the 3/2 for SD (or could bring 4/3...), but I'm assuming I'd freeze in SC in early May in that, or vice versa melt in SD.

Seabright runs north-south, so you are either east or west of it. If West, that is the Westside. Seabright is mid town. East of the harbor is Eastside (and not technically Santa Cruz City).

Sand at Cowells is pretty depleted. Unless we get some south Wind storms, you’ll want to on Pleasure Point.

Not sure about wetsuit rentals. Don’t worry about booties. Water is coldest in spring, but well in town it is not bad. Worst of it is west and north of town. Freeline is the OG shop onnthst side of town. billibong and rip curl have shops over there. I bet someone rents suits.

Let me know if you need any Mt bike info. Have not been out in years, but know a lot of the trails.

Chest high + and fun at 56th today. After such a horrible winter it is nice to surf in Newport again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Seabright runs north-south, so you are either east or west of it. If West, that is the Westside. Seabright is mid town. East of the harbor is Eastside (and not technically Santa Cruz City).

Sand at Cowells is pretty depleted. Unless we get some south Wind storms, you’ll want to on Pleasure Point.

Not sure about wetsuit rentals. Don’t worry about booties. Water is coldest in spring, but well in town it is not bad. Worst of it is west and north of town. Freeline is the OG shop onnthst side of town. billibong and rip curl have shops over there. I bet someone rents suits.

Let me know if you need any Mt bike info. Have not been out in years, but know a lot of the trails.
    I guess we're midtown near Stanford Ave and Water st. Any good bars or restaurants in that area?

Good to know re: cowells. Was thinking that would be a melllow spot, but pleasure point works too looks like Freeline rents suits based on their website, and actually has something other than soft tops.

Was poking around on strava heatmaps checking some of the trails out at upper campus which was a surprisingly good resource, although I'm not sure how much help that will be when we're out on the trails. If you had some good intermediate (no big drops, gap jumps, etc) recs that you wouldn't mind PMing would be super appreciated. Figure we ride up through campus or Emma Mccrary to upper campus, tool around there a bit, and then head down through Wilder-ish. Thanks ott!
    Last edited by jtran10; 04-04-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Near you

Moreno’s Tacos for tacos.

Charlie Hong Kong for quick noodles.

Lillian’s for Italian

Buttery for sweets and snacks.

Other end of Seabright.

Betty’s Burgers for burger

Engfers for wood fired pizza

Tramonte for pizza pasta.

La Posta for nice. Bring money.

SeaBreeze Cafe for breakfast.

I live in Westside.

Burger. Organic burgers and 100 taps.

Santa Cruz Brewery

Parish Publick

I’d go up Wilder and down Emma. Emma is a great downhill, where as Wilder is a better climb and cross country. I’ll put together a PM with some more details.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    I guess we're midtown near Stanford Ave and Water st. Any good bars or restaurants in that area?
    I like the Jerk House over there for a low key chill meal. Beer Thirty for beers. The west side by SC bikes has a great little brewery, Humble Sea and cool eats close by in an industrial area. A lot of good places in SC for eats, including downtown. And yeah, we've rented suits from rip curl out by the hook.

Ingalls St. and Swift. Humble Sea is on Swift. Kelly’s French Bakery, Santa Cruz Mountain Brewery for beers and Kelly’s menu. West End Taproom for gastropub fare. New Leaf for natural groceries and deli and 6 packs of good beer.

Across Fair is Bantam. Local seasonal small bites, salads and pizza. No cheap, but not La Posta.

Verve Coffee is tight there. Local toaster. City prices.

Santa Cruz Roasting downntown.

Westside Coffee in the Safe way lot.

Companion Bakery on Mission has great blueberry buckwheat scones to fuel a bike day. And other good (and somewhat healthy even) baked goods and bread.

Don’t know the Jerk House. Maybe I’ll give that a try.

Brasíl on Mission is pretty good breakfast. I’d say it fits in well in this town. Been there for years. A long time ago they were open for World Cup games being played at 4am Pacific time. My wife and I would drink too much of their coffee until they opened for food around 7am. They open at 8am these days.

Hula’s is popular. Hawaiian-Santa Cruz fare. Fish. Decent Hppy hour. My family loves it when they visit. It is decent. Not the best beer list, but passable.

Lupalo downtown has great beers. I hear the food is good. Next to Hula’s

Laili downtown we have like. I think it is Persian.

Assembly downtown in farm to fork California fare. We usually eat family style there and stick to more of the small plates.

Fancy cocktails and beers and poke bowls and pizza and mixed grub Abbot Square food court by the MAH downtown. Mixed feeling about it. Quick and easy and choices. Feels like city prices.

Avanti Pizzaria on Mission. For pizza, salad and wine. Or beer, but we tend to share a bottle here.

Mission BBQ for meat and good beer list.

Are you planning to head toward Aptos and Nicene Marks? Some options over there.

Oh, Discretion Brewery or NUBO (no food, but you can bring it in, and there is is Betty Burger next door) for beer after surfing Pleasure Point. On 41st Ave

Also a Verve and Penny Ice Creamery over there.

My buddy owns Pleasure Pizza and Eastside Eatery. He is a great chef, but I don’t like the pizza. I’m a New Yorker. EsE has comfort type food, pulled pork, pizza, burger etc. and beer pitchers or pints.

If you want cheap breakfast Paula’s on Portola is a favorite of mine. Just order off the menu. And substitutions are $10 surcharge a piece.

Cole’s BBQ on Portola and 26th. Have not been in a decade but used to love it.

Shop at Pleasure Point and 31st has breakfast burritos and other items. Seating out front or walk across the street and watch the waves.

There is also a Udon place on 41st near Portola. Next to Verve.

Chill Out has coffee and breakfast burritos. Same
    Location.

Tuesday nights is taco night at Johnny Harbor side. Hot it for happy hour for $3 Uncle Dave’s Rye IPA and tacos.

Olitas on the wharf has Tues/Thurs $7 taco and margarita. Big and strong. View of Steamer Lane.

There is a little food shack at the Steamers bath house. Korean rib taco, fish taco, etc

Picnic Basket is across from wharf. Farm to fork sandwich and salads. Counter service. Best food around down there.

The Cremer House in Felton

Speaking of which, work a hike up in Henry Cowell. The Redwood Loop has old growth. Fall Creek can offer a legitimate hike through 2nd growth. Henry Cowell also has some bike options that connect up to campus, but I’ve never hiked over there. Popular tho. Can also access via Emma McCray to Rincon and across rt 9 into Henry Cowell.

Yeah, well the Jerk house is Jamaican jerk sauce, which I like, and they were playing good music and smoking weed out front, so the vibe and scene may have played a significant role in my feelings about the place.

And yeah, West End Tap House was the spot I was thinking of in the industrial area.

Wait. Someone was smoking weed? In public? Here? Fuck.

9 out of 10 times I go to Hula’s I get the Jerk plate. Good stuff.

Do you know if the Jerk House serves plantains? Love that combo.

Pizza My Heart (downtown and 41st Ave) is a decent slice.

Vallarta is a big burrito. Okay by local standards. Good salsa bar. On 41st and one near you as well.

Taqueria Cabana on Mission is my around the corner favorite.

Taqueria Santa Cruz (Mission) is legit Mexican. I stick with the regular flesh, but they have all sorts animal and innards to choose from. Decent salsa bar.

If you have any beer nerd inclinations then you should check out Sante Adairius in Capitola. I’m not a beer nerd but their beer is extremely good.

Back on topic badly needed here... brother says Rio nexpa is going off 8 to 10 ft backs.... and been nice here in mirissa Sri lanka... surf every day since I've been here head high n bigger.

Do you know if the Jerk House serves plantains? Love that combo.
    Well, yeah! They're awesome!

I think we need to book 18 more nights. Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    Back on topic badly needed here... brother says Rio nexpa is going off 8 to 10 ft backs.... and been nice here in mirissa Sri lanka... surf every day since I've been here head high n bigger.
    It is my topic shit bag. Now go away. No one cares about you.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    If you have any beer nerd inclinations then you should check out Sante Adairius in Capitola. I’m not a beer nerd but their beer is extremely good.
    Great beers. Depends on your taste. They use wild yeast, so their beers are pretty unique.

They came out with a standard IPA a few years ago. Very meh. But their other stuff is great.

Great beers. Depends on your taste. They use wild yeast, so their beers are pretty unique.

They came out with a standard IPA a few years ago. Very meh. But their other stuff is great.
    Gf is gluten free. Any of these spots do gf beer?

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Don’t know about GF beers. Some might.

Get coffee and breakfast treat at Companion (can she eat buckwheat) rent bikes, access the Route 1 bike path and ride the mile to Wilder.

Head up the right hand Englishmen Loop. straight at intersection, look for right turn onto Lost Cabin. Take right on Eucalyptus Loop to top. (For longest ride, left on Eucalyptus, Enchanted Loop, then continue climb back on Euca). Right onto ? Trail up to Empire Grade. This gives you access to campus.

Before crossing the road, there is a single track just inside the fence going to right or down hill. This is Mailboxes. Great flow on the top, with optional jumps and features. Two steep technical sections. At bottom head right and then right to get back into Wilder. Follow left to get to field near lower High St. semi legal.

Over on campus only the fire roads are legal. All the single track is biked a lot. I’ll get you some info on those. There are a few sweet runs that connect down to U-Conn or Rincon, back to Emma McCray (which is a great flow-y downhill) ride to parking lot, down to Rt 9, up through Costco and the bike path that goes up to Escalona Drive. City ride back to rental place. I’m on the route. Stop in and say hello.

Another option in Wilder is to loop back down Bowman (?) toward 4 Mile beach and then ride bluff trails to 3 Mile and back into Wilder Ranch. Not technical or exciting along the cliffs, but pretty.

I also liked Cow Bell(?) and Horse Trail.

More later.

Don’t know about GF beers. Some might.

Get coffee and breakfast treat at Companion (can she eat buckwheat) rent bikes, access the Route 1 bike path and ride the mile to Wilder.

Head up the right hand Englishmen Loop. straight at intersection, look for right turn onto Lost Cabin. Take right on Eucalyptus Loop to top. (For longest ride, left on Eucalyptus, Enchanted Loop, then continue climb back on Euca). Right onto ? Trail up to Empire Grade. This gives you access to campus.

Before crossing the road, there is a single track just inside the fence going to right or down hill. This is Mailboxes. Great flow on the top, with optional jumps and features. Two steep technical sections. At bottom head right and then right to get back into Wilder. Follow left to get to field near lower High St. semi legal.

Over on campus only the fire roads are legal. All the single track is biked a lot. I’ll get you some info on those. There are a few sweet runs that connect down to U-Conn or Rincon, back to Emma McCray (which is a great flow-y downhill) ride to parking lot, down to Rt 9, up through Costco and the bike path that goes up to Escalona Drive. City ride back to rental place. I’m on the route. Stop in and say hello.

Another option in Wilder is to loop back down Bowman (?) toward 4 Mile beach and then ride bluff trails to 3 Mile and back into Wilder Ranch. Not technical or exciting along the cliffs, but pretty.

I also liked Cow Bell(?) and Horse Trail.

More later.
    Thanks for all the tips (again).

Stoke to share! It's been three long dry months living way to close to a way to pacific Pacific, but I got a nice surf in this morning in Ventura. Nothing perfect, but everything magic. Sunny day let me wear the 3/2, nice view of the islands from the light offshores, and lines rolling down the point at low tide. Yes please.

Rode the new board that I've been looking at for a month. First time I've gotten a board custom shaped. 8'0" mini-longboard, setup 2+1. It did it all. Knee paddles out to the lineup, sharp bottom turns, snaps off the top, and then enough foam to get forward and noseride a nice clean wall down the beach. So stoked. So so stoked.