Page 169 of 224 FirstFirst ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 5587
    Just made it to Honolulu where I’m working for the next few weeks. Got a rental board last night and went out at dawn to surf dumb little 2-footers with the middle-aged Japanese ladies. At least the warm water is a nice change of pace from home. Will have to rent a car and head north this weekend.

Do. There seems to be several storms lining up. Game on folks.

Santa Cruz looked decent mid day, although tide was a bit full. Swell did not look anything like a 16@18. More like 8-10' long period. Stormsurf suggested it was shadowed, and that would seem to be the case. Bigger reading than swell.

Middle peak was DOH to plus. Plenty of OH surf along west cliff. Still plenty of juice to make town fun. Bet is is good this evening at sunset glass off. Lucky bastards.

GFS has at least two more gales moving through the gulf over the week. Maybe more after that.

We got light rain in SC. Glad it was minimal. My deck roof still needs repair.

GFS major flip today, with just one moderate zonal gale, then high pressure driving everything north. A big one develops NE of the Aleutian islands but never pushes s or w. Then around 11/2 we get a southerly heavy rain storm, and then more blockage, but by then further south (I know fantasy charts) and a solid system just west of it/us.

But yeah, totally different than the 6am.

Perfect tide and light winds along west cliff right now. I can see the bay from my deck. Looks pertty from here. I know it's crowded, so I'm not dealing with that.

Warm, light winds and moderate swell today. The pains. Just sitting on my deck looking out over the bay. Maybe this view is not the thing to take in right now.

Reports were the swell was still moderate plus yesterday. But conditions were decent in the mornings west and north of town.

Couple of craptacular boat wake pics from today, fun stuff 😁

Really wish I could head down to Trestles today. The last couple of days have been fun, but I had to stay in Newport yesterday, and might not even get out at all today. Hope the rest of you guys get some because it is going off. I have already seen a couple of guys get barreled at 56th street on the sufrfline cam. I really should not watch the cams while working and unable to surf. Get out there if possible. Heal up soon Ott.

Great shots PW7. Keep em coming.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Anyone else get some today...?

Thanks PW7 for the stoke.

How's the water temp down there?

Can anyone please provide some random link?

Just got the report from Scott's. Best it has been the past few days.

Spectral showing 5.3 centered at 17s and 12.5s. The dying swell has a bit more height to it, the arriving period and a little more westerly.

Tide filling in. Winds offshore up the coast. Epic fun sized surf conditions. This would have been a day I put aside work and spent it in the water.

Get out there Central cal coast.

I'll be out paddling in 5 weeks. The day after the cast comes off. Surfing might have to wait, but water time will return.

Couple of quick shots before I paddle out 😁

^^^ beauty ^^^

I'm hoping to paddle out for sunset, winds are pretty wild and rough right now in Ventura, generally offshore but not in a clean way.

That pic makes me miss the walk and the waves there, damn. Good for you mate!

Nice PW7!

Winds are more cross shore outside if town and pretty light up here. Town is crisper. Ocean and bay looked gorgeous from my deck this morning now. py ipone pic from last night.

Light was real nice.

Well, back to house hold chores.

We're camped above scotts right now. It didn't look great early so we went to town and surfed rockview and the point for morning session and 4 mile afternoon session. Town was sweet, a little crossshore north but only 4-6 folks out and pretty fun. Came back to Scott's and it looked awesome. Pretty sweet day in SC. No surf pics but good sunsets
    Ott cheers for the good vibes, heal up man!

Anyone else get some today...?

You guys have a killer camp site. The light the past two evenings have been superb.

Rockview is pretty good for avoiding crowds in town.

How was the size in town?

My buddy reported that it looked good up at Scott's when he arrived mid-late morning. Tends to work better with more water, until it gets swamped.
    Last edited by Ottime; 10-25-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Wind & Sea looking good today

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  60.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

White caps out on the bay this afternoon. Swell dropping.

Big one for Saturday if it comes together. Local conditions still up in the air. Could be opening day Saturday if winds cooperate.

There was a drought for a month there, but things are really cranking now.

Hoping for great surf this next month, so everyone gets there fill.

Fun week of waves 😁

Yup, fun week of waves for sure.

Scott's was fun to watch at sunrise and set. Looked like lots of water moving and a tough paddle with our short boards so we just admired from above.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03054 (2).jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	214573

Went a little further north yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03085 (2).jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	846.0 KB 
ID:	214569

Swell keeps coming for NorCal, I'll be in Del Norte this weekend

Was soo good this morning at OB. So wish I didn't have to go to work or I would have stayed out there for hours. Solid OH to a maybe 1.5 for the outside sets, even with a really high "low" tide.

Nice shots PW and Lee.

Dropping period this morning and light n winds makes for some goods at OB. Low tide at the rockpile could have been tubular. Mid morning at the ankle breaker, mmm.

Looks like next round has been down graded a bit. 7-8'@17-19s, so still sturdy. Light eddy flow forecast Sat night thru Sun morning. Could be a good, but not quite a mavs swell anymore.

Of course, every day the models have flipped on how and where Lan would become extra tropical. But it all looks fun. Autumn is here.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using TGR Forums mobile app
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Name:  IMG_20171030_174457.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  33.8 KB

Sorry, trying to figure out the phone app, and it's kinda shitty. SC had the goods today, and all of town was going off. Photos were post-surf, as an afterthought. Tide had gotten too high. I was standing at the Lane, and a guy came up in an electric wheelchair, foot wrapped in a cast. At first, it made me grateful to have all four limbs functional. My next thought was, holy shit, OT Time is out to check the surf! But alas, it was not him.

This is for you, OT Time. Heal up.