Page 166 of 224 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 5589
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    lol what a kook he must be like a pig in shit

1-2ft & poor forecasted for the next 17 days, sick...watching head high peelers down the shore on the cam & thinking about my parents empty shore house
    Yeah, after OC being pretty much the only (pretty) good spot in CA this summer it has not been a good September, save late last week. The Surfline forecast looks awful, let's hope something stirs up.

It really was interesting this summer, lots of days with SSE in them. Lots of times I would look at the Blacks cam and it would be 2-3 when NB/HB and Trestles were 3-4+. Blacks and parts of La Jolla usually pick up a good amount of swell in the summer, but this year it really seemed like OC was the only good place pretty often. Not usually epic, but shoulder high or better most of the time. With a different schedule than I'm used to this was a pretty epic summer for me. I was out there about 5 days a week on average, it's been years since I got out that much.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

West of the bridge. Yep, still in SF, but still driving regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    West of the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Yeah, after OC being pretty much the only (pretty) good spot in CA this summer it has not been a good September, save late last week. The Surfline forecast looks awful, let's hope something stirs up.

It really was interesting this summer, lots of days with SSE in them. Lots of times I would look at the Blacks cam and it would be 2-3 when NB/HB and Trestles were 3-4+. Blacks and parts of La Jolla usually pick up a good amount of swell in the summer, but this year it really seemed like OC was the only good place pretty often. Not usually epic, but shoulder high or better most of the time. With a different schedule than I'm used to this was a pretty epic summer for me. I was out there about 5 days a week on average, it's been years since I got out that much.
    I'm okay with a long lull of surf. Doubt that will happen though. Tomorrow is fall.

Plenty of swell from the SSE this season; not much else. Spots west of town picked up plenty, but it was pretty steep for most town spots, and the angle, for the most part made the wave pinch. Ya basically needed to find places that liked to go left.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    West of the bridge. Yep, still in SF, but still driving regularly.
    only two spots east that i know of

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    lol what a kook he must be like a pig in shit
    Haha! He did pretty good, but I was expecting more like this one

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    It is really windy today. Yesterday held off on te slowcoast until afternoon. I think it was whipping up by 10 this morning and it is pretty damn gusty out there right now. I'd expect for it to get worse before it gets better.
    Oh yeah I enjoyed the wind by kiteboarding.

Small but rideable here over the last week. Unfortunately the only decent spot in Newport has been 56 jetty, which is insanely crowded. Looks like something on tap for next Friday. Finally! Worst September in a long time.

I managed to get out five days in a row earlier this week here at ocean beach. It was on the small side but clean every morning. I haven't been since Tuesday and am noticeably more cranky at work. I need to find time to get back in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    I managed to get out five days in a row earlier this week here at ocean beach. It was on the small side but clean every morning. I haven't been since Tuesday and am noticeably more cranky at work. I need to find time to get back in the water.
    Holy crap has OB been insanely clean, and warm O.O. Saw multiple people trunking it on wednesday.

Trunking seems a little excessive. Not that I've been in the water.

LDD, I've asked that the best swells be put on hold until Thanksgiving due to my injury. Sorry, but it helps keep me mellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Trunking seems a little excessive. Not that I've been in the water.

LDD, I've asked that the best swells be put on hold until Thanksgiving due to my injury. Sorry, but it helps keep me mellow.
    I was sweating in my 4/3 with no boots, and there were guys in the water wearing 3/2's that felt like even those were warm.

Huge, long-period swell filling in from Wednesday. Couldn't have timed my Mexico trip better.

Anyone here near the island of grenada? I need someone to check out a 46 ft cat. Oh ya turkey town is going off.

Damn. Where are those coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    I was sweating in my 4/3 with no boots, and there were guys in the water wearing 3/2's that felt like even those were warm.
    I was definitely warm in my 4/3. The water's cooler than it was a couple weeks ago when I actually did go out in nothing but board shorts at OB and was comfortable for two hours. The air temp was 90 then though. Pretty surreal.

Are you talking Labor Day weekend? Cause, yeah, that was warm. I would have not enjoyed two hours in trunks, but I was plenty warm in my 2mil for two two hour sessions with a half hour lunch. Waves were super fun near the county line that day. Warm, clean, glassy, and just a tad overhead. Longish waits at times, but well worth it.

No, the next heat wave after that, whenever that was. I think the water was 65 according to Surfline. I wasn't the only one in trunks that day.

Surfable the last couple of days in Newport. Waist to occasional chest high. Not great, but surfable and better than it has been. Looks like something for the end of this week.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Yeah when I was out on Saturday the water temp had definitely dropped at OB, not quite enough to need booties (and I'm a wuss about having cold feet).

Man. I always wear booties. My crappy wax job requires it.

Great to surf after two weeks of flat and work. Saw a nice pod of dolphins cruising the rincon lineup. Waves were small but its still rincon. Eyes on the horizon.....

Anyone else get some today...?

Dolphins are always nice. Waves are too. Hope y'all get some. It is October. Often my favorite month. I think I might be back in the water by Thanksgiving. Just spent a few bills to get the professionally cleaned. It's nice in here, but the only item not over drawn on our budget was my toy fund. Guess I need to sell more shit.

Just looked and the best looking south of the year is in the water. Damn. Could be real good at this one spot I really like, but the fading north might ruin it. Regardless, should be good later this week.
    Last edited by Ottime; 10-03-2017 at 05:16 PM.

should be some good waves this weekend, at least according to the fx. Headed to Mendo to try something new. Anyone surf around Mendocino/Caspar/Fort Bragg with beta? Got a new twin fin can't wait try out...

Pavones goin off next few days

Looks like some surf is forecasted for the weekend, so you know every man and his dog will be out, as it has been small forever. I need to find me an outta the way spot to miss the horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.