Page 160 of 224 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 5588
    Went in early today and got another great mid-day session. Surfed 36th in Newport. Shoulder high and peaky with lined up lefts near the jetty and sightly north of the jetty. Super fun and not too many people out. The water is nice, low to mid 60's, fine for a spring suit. It really has been fun down here lately.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Been windy and small up here. Getting plenty of work done though.

Fun lunchtime session in Newport today. Chest to shoulder high nw windswell, meaning Newport is now rights off the jetties instead of lefts, odd for summer. Still fun, and the water is warming up. Lots of current, strange considering it is only shoulder high.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

That seems like the wind swell is generating down there. Been too windy to bother driving to the exposed coast up here. Instead have been surfing mostly weak, but long, ankle to waist high rollers in town. This morning was especially small. But still offering long rides and paddle backs.

Newport has been pumping lately. I have been surfing 32nd and 36th street the past few days, going in early and taking late morning sessions. It has been around head high, peaky with lined up shoulders, insanely fun. The water is warming up nicely, mid-60's. It is bigger on the upper streets, but I like the sandbars at 36th and 32nd. I hope everyone else is getting some of this swell.

South beach looked kind of fun last night. I'm down in here with my son as my wife attends a conference at USD. No chance at all to surf, but caught a glimpse
    If the ocean last night. Kind of reminded me of certain east coast locals during a hurricane swell.

New to this thread (and sport), but caught some fucking amazing shoulder high rights at rockpile at waikiki. There were some head high+ waves too, but the locals were all over those. Earlier this week I was learning in hanalei bay on some nice rollers and a handful of waist-high at poipu. I'll sure be missing the waves here when I had back to colorado.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Anyone else get some today...?

Getting the north shore in June is always a nice treat.

Swell again tonight at Pacific Beach. Looked fun. Head high or so. A little lump, but looked fun enough.

Newport continues to be fun. I'm heading out now for a quick session. It has dropped, but still solid on the upper streets.

Back home. I get to surf in the morning. Saw a few nice sets on and afternoon family bike ride. Nice to be home.

Went in early today then went for my late morning early afternoon session. Shoulder to occasionally head high, nice shape, peaky with lined up shoulders. I surfed between 56th and 60th street, the crowd was spread out. The water is warming up. Classic Newport. Right at the jetty at 56th there was a bit of a pack, but the peaks up the beach were just about as good and not too crowded. I don't understand why someone would battle at the jetty when they could get a peak 85% as good with only a couple of guys on it up the beach.

Swell has been pumping up here. So has the wind. I was able to get out north of town at sunrise Monday. Tide was too low, but still found a spot that was breaking well for about 45 minutes. Had it to myself. I heard Mitchell's was breaking great back in town but lots of squirrelly people on it. Swell dropped a bit for Tuesday so decided to longboard instead. Ended up surfing for 2+ hours on waist to chest high 200 yard plus long rollers. Barely stopped moving. Just paddle back and grab another. Super fun.

Still fun out there this morning. Smaller and less consistent, but the good sets were still lining up endless curl. Gonna try to get out early tomorrow morning then head up to the snow line for a few days.

Lots of fun Thursday and Friday in Newport. Surfed the 56th to 61st zone, shoulder high with occasional slightly bigger. Peaky, with nice shoulders, mostly lefts but some rights. Enough peaks to spread out the crowd.

Early Thursday the tide was too high, but when I got down with my son at 9:30, it was perfect. Played with waves and sand a bit, then we headed out in the water to rinse off, he climbed onto the surfboard and got his first wave. A nice inside roller that got him a good 50 yards. It was time to go, but he asked for one more. I might have a surfer. A good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Early Thursday the tide was too high, but when I got down with my son at 9:30, it was perfect. Played with waves and sand a bit, then we headed out in the water to rinse off, he climbed onto the surfboard and got his first wave. A nice inside roller that got him a good 50 yards. It was time to go, but he asked for one more. I might have a surfer. A good day.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Way to get him out there!

Fun for the last few days in Newport. Mostly around shoulder high the last few days with bigger sets, slightly smaller today but still nice. Strong current going northwest, started at 56th and ended at 71st. No big deal, fun peaks all up and down. The water is in the mid-60's.

Been good up here the past few days as well. Slack winds for a few days and Shoulder high at the county line. I ended taking out an egg both days up there as the 6.0 had a dry open ding. Super fun getting a ton of waves. The best sets would have been fun on the shortboard, but nice to not have to wait just for those.

NW came up this morning and put me behind a point. The egg super delivered there. Back on the longboard tomorrow early morning, then we head down to big air for a few days of camping and beaching. With a little luck there will be something to surf.

I'm assuming you mean Big Sur? Gonna hit up Fuller's?

Another fun late morning. Chest high but good shape at 56th street. The water is warming up.

No fullers. Road is closed in both directions. Family trip to Plaskett and Sand Dollar via Naciemento. Wind swell had size and shape and little organization. Found a few fun head high waves. Good friend and family time.

A buddy of mine left SC today to sail down to Fullers and surf the next few days. Literally the only other people in the water will be pt sur to escelon locals. No one else can get in unless you boat or heli

Damn. I keep forgetting it's closed both ways. Maybe a bike in from the north? It'll never be this uncrowded again. I did a trip South to Monterey a few weeks back with the intention of getting the river mouth on the new puddle jumper. That whole park is closed due to the river flooding and wiping out the beach. I thought about making the blind rush, but family en tow made me think twice. Nothing will slow your run like your wife getting busted.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Damn. I keep forgetting it's closed both ways. Maybe a bike in from the north? It'll never be this uncrowded again. I did a trip South to Monterey a few weeks back with the intention of getting the river mouth on the new puddle jumper. That whole park is closed due to the river flooding and wiping out the beach. I thought about making the blind rush, but family en tow made me think twice. Nothing will slow your run like your wife getting busted.
    Is that the river mouth that's pretty sharky for some reason?

Closing the beaches? Will this be enforced Ottime?
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ta-cruz-beach/

I was at Main Beach when they closed the water. My car was at Cowells and I explained to the lifeguard I needed to paddle back with my 6 year old to get to my car. He told me rangers would fine me $200.

20 minutes later a jet ski showed up at the Cowells line up and kicked everyone out of the water. They circled back to kick those who lingered.

My son and I then began to paddle long shore off the beach toward the Cowell stairs. We had a blast trying not to get washed off the board. We called it a shark infested lagoon. As we approached the stairs, we passed them so the set could wash through. Some folks on the stairs started yelling. Basically they were afraid the shark would be coming, or fines or bad parenting. Anyway, we headed to the stairs after the set and explained we were more likely to get hurt hitting the rocks than be bit by a shark.

While we hung out by the stairs two guys were still surfing. Two more came back down the stairs. I'm sure there was a crowd by 3pm. Pretty sure there will be just as many as usual surfing the next few days. Most surfers know that a shark bumping a kayak outside the kelp does not increase chances of an attack. Sharks are out there every single day doing their thing. This one bit into fiberglass today. He ain't gonna be trying new shit for a while. Back to hunting seals.

It is all sharks here. From pt Sur to Pt Reyes. Every single spot is sharky. For the most part, our sharks don't like humans.