Page 154 of 224 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 5589
    Always fun to surf those home breaks.

Don't know Tyler. I don't think I do. Some names slip for me.

Scotts was fun today. Not super clean like last week. More winter unruliness. Well overhead. Enough so that I had a hard time grabbing the bigger ones on the 6.6. Although that may have more to do with me and the the lumpiness than just the size. But it was fun to be put in moving water again and watching the horizon for sneaker sets. No 20s today, but some solid 8s.

Maybe I will surf tomorrow.

Turkeytown showing it's beauty this morning... then caught 3 nice size fish for dinner..... only took a boy a dozen casts..Pura vida

Surf has been okay west of town. The weekend had a little size over the weekend in town. Finally cleaned up decently today, and swell was running above 8@14 in the morning. Made for a good morning at the ledge. Was surprised as things seemed to improve as the tide dropped low.

Lots more weather coming our way this week. We need the water, so it's good. Looking forward to the next calm spell (or day).

Feels much more like December than October.

The weekend had a little size over the weekend in town? Jajaja you talk funny. Turkeytown a lil over head.... I've been barefoot for 3 weeks.. 4 wheeler got a tuneup today n the 250 moto got a new back tire.fish on the grill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Surf has been okay west of town. The weekend had a little size over the weekend in town. Finally cleaned up decently today, and swell was running above 8@14 in the morning. Made for a good morning at the ledge. Was surprised as things seemed to improve as the tide dropped low.

Lots more weather coming our way this week. We need the water, so it's good. Looking forward to the next calm spell (or day).

Feels much more like December than October.
    Nice. My kid was West over the weekend. Sounded like he had a blast and was also humbled. Send a pic and it was big...real big. His mtn bike lands tomorrow. He's all in now!

Funny thing about trolls...they continue to post even when nobody responds or cares.

^^^^West Cliff or west of town? I was west of town, and Saturday had some plus size and a big mess by 11AM. Good humbling stuff for sure. Fun, none the less. When I was getting out on Sunday, things seemed to be steadily improving from very fun to super fun. And the crowd dropped from 5 to 2.

And, yeah. I don't get it. At all. But, whatever. Sad. So Sad.

Found another one I liked and downloaded. This is kind of fun. Combing through pics.

He was up in Davenport and then surfed the jetty at half moon checking out mavs with one of his buds that is from half moon. He is so lucky to meet these new friends one door down from his dorm room. Several similar mindsets all in one spot.

Anyone else get some today...?

The ledge i like is under the cliffs between the landing and Scotts. Rockys, ryms and ganjas. Tell him it is well worth the look. So are waterfalls, car parts, ledge, and horseshoes north of Scotts under the cliffs. Longer access and heavier waves. I've described shoes as the opportunity to hike and scramble a mile of beach and reef for the opportunity to snap your board and fill your nasal cavities.

If he was at Davenport this past weekend (especially on Saturday), then he is doing well enough for himself. If he starts finding the landing a bit tame, there are some really fun heavies nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    opportunity to hike and scramble a mile of beach and reef for the opportunity to snap your board and fill your nasal cavities.
    hahaha!

And yes, it was the landing. He hit it previously at 8' and clean...sounded epic! Big change coming from NH surf no doubt!

Chest high n offshore.... caught a 15 pound pargo on a lure I painted yesterday. Free lunch and dinner in the jungle

Bummer no more quicksilver eddie... oh ya fun surf, couple hundred yard waves with lite offshores. 3 pargo weekend.

Storms are clearing out here. Over 3.5" since Thursday. Shit is going green around here. Always great to get some water and see the landscape pop to life. Even had a fun wet day romp through the pogonip with my son and picked a feral persimmon along the way.

Cleaning back up today. A bit. Surfed OH Scotts with one guy for 90 minutes. Can't believe how empty it was. Surf still has warble, but it had juice and 150 yard toy freight trains.

Mags opener is this Thurs/Fri. 13@17 or so. And it looks like an off shore flow. Time to get real.

Swell is filling in. I buckled my step up this morning. Hope it gets big for tomorrow.

Im looking forward to tomorrow also. Not as big as your surf, but Sunset Cliffs should be firing

Indeed^^

Offshore and pushing DOH here this morning. The paddle and size kept crowds pretty thin too. Some really fun ones out there.

Next round of swell arriving tonight should be interesting, though I'm not sure I have the board/shoulder muscles/cojones for 20ft OB. But, It's just water, right?

Do you have time to drive south? Scotts tames those a touch.

OTOH, swell has been Dow graded to peak at 8.5@18. Not quite the 13.5 previously forecast.

Either way, I'm hoping for enough to ride the 7.6 or gun. Even tho I prefer days like today.

Just got a report from my buddy who I surfed with this morning. He 2nd sessions at OB. Describe the paddle as exciting. Said he saw some DOH+ while he was out. Not sure if he caught any. So nice to see solid swell and clean conditions. Guess I might want to dust off the 8.4 for the morning and just take it for an early season spin.

SC CSIP 9@15 currently. Not enough for the 8.4. Pt Reyes is showing 13.5@14 though, which at least gets into the range. But there is this to inspire one to get out on a big board tomorrow.

The new W-WNW (270-300) would start showing up mid-next week with forerunners around 22 seconds. Models are showing it could arrive with close to 16 to 18 feet of deepwater swell with periods around 17 to 18 seconds… that equates to double to triple overhead+ surf for breaks that can handle the size… Standouts/Magnets would likely be seeing set waves with face 30-45+ feet.

Light offshore winds, then light onshore Sunday, and turning back again Monday. Another pulse of swell Sunday, then mid next week. Even if that one is hype, we have a nice run of swell and conditions going on. Hopefully I can get my 6.6 back in the water by the backside of the swell next week. Until then, I'll be over and under gunned. But fuck does it look like it is going to be fun.

Today had the most juice of the season yet. It was a bit more raw than the really good 4 days we had in October with swell and oily clean surface. But that also made it a bit more solid. After I noticed my board was buckled, I decided to head in, to avoid snapping it. Someone suggest a solid duck dive could do that. I had to wait for the perfect ramp, but I finally grabbed one I knew for sure I would make, made a tentative bottom and first top turn and realized the thing was lining up. Decided to just go ahead an surf, and it ended up being the best wave of my session. Made it easy to head in.

Autumn is here.

Nice! My son has been out a lot lately. He was thinking maybe the hook today, but for the most part he's thinking it's going to be too big for him most everywhere. Planning to get his mtn biking in this wkend

Fun morning in San Diego. A little wally on the sets, but fun enough I am going tomorrow morning too.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Odd morning that turned out fun. Arrived at Ocean Beach pier (san diego ) and saw a lot of water moving around. I ride a longboard but I don't shy away from size or speed but looked like too must west because everything above four feet was closing out. Sets looked 6-8 ft.
    Decided to drive south and check out the cliffs thinking it would be great
    Not so. Time was around 8:30 by now and the tide was
    Putting a lot of water over the reefs
    Looked kinda boring to tell the truth. I decided to give the reef south of OB pier a shot
    Only thing wrong with that is if you get caught inside and it's big you may kiss the pier
    So. I caught 3 or 4. Waves in the six foot range. Pretty fun.
    Then it picked up and I got caught in a close out sending me in because the set kept coming and I couldn't paddle back
    Out
    Frustrated about such a short surf session but wise enough to see the swell was too much for this beach I decided to head back down to Sunset Cliffs
    Now there was more water on the eeefs but the swell was bigger. Looked 3-5 or so. Got out caught 3-4 long clean waves
    Then it started picking up. Solid 6-8 feeet on sets. But a long wait between sets. Clean. Fun. Big bottom turns then down the line
    Refreshing
    Good Fall Day.
    I'll hit it early tomorrow going to Table Tops up north. ( Encinitas). With a friend
    Should be a fun weekend

Might sneak a trip this Sunday over to Tofino for some rubber wearing goodness.

This is borderline roundtail swell size...

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Nice! My son has been out a lot lately. He was thinking maybe the hook today, but for the most part he's thinking it's going to be too big for him most everywhere. Planning to get his mtn biking in this wkend
    Natural Bridges was just a little OH yesterday morning. Town in general will be fine for him I imagine. OTOH, if he is headed toward the Hook, there is another two miles of point break toward Capitola and beyond. Each set up gets a bit smaller, but all of them are less crowded than the hook.

Looked at Scotts yesterday morning. It was a bit unruly. Not horribly so, but decided to turn back to town. Kind of wished I paddled out the big board. Swell was big enough with some 15-20' faces. Paddle out looked easy enough, but the waves looked only okay and super shifty. Instead had fun on the 6.0 at NBs. Was perhaps a touch under gunned, but I'm so happy with how that board steps up. Gonna head out for a quickie before my son's soccer game.

Today was a little bigger and a few more make-able corners that yesterday. Head high sets with a few pluses to maybe 8' faces. On wave #4 I rode it to far in, took 3-4 on the head and said forgetaboutit after getting pushed way back inside. To bad there are not many spots around with a channel to paddle out. The Cliffs should be good this afternoon on the low tide.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Did the exact same thing as yesterday. Drove up and looked at Scotts. Kept the 8.4 in the car and went to NBs and scored many OH grinders instead. More swell arrives overnight.