Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

EC/Mass mini summit

Don't' want to confuse things by organizing in the existing "WTF" summit thread. So, I am still looking to put something together for the late summer or fall. I should be flying home on the 7th of August. I would like to get a feel for how many and what dates are good. I should be able to get everyone out on boats as I have a couple buddies who are happy to help out. I may even be able to setup couches/beds if we only have a few.
    -Ben
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

September or October are good. Where you fishing out of?

I like where this is headed. Hopefully we can still try to get a shot at Charlie.

You are Bev/Salem area?

I am out of Falmouth. I can make the trek to Bev/Salem as I work in the city but the boat woud likely stay on the Cape.

Salem. Maybe we can time it up for Maria to be around as well.

OK cool, my august is shot but Sept and Oct work for me. Boat is in Marshvegas so not likely to bring that up the North Shore.

advres Guest
    Would anyone be opposed to a fishing jong tagging along?

I will make every effort to get up there for a get together, especially is boats and hard tails are involved. If we can nail down a time, best bet in Sept., then I will make it.
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    hahaha im with ADVRES. could care less about fishing but am down to hang out and puke over the side to help attract things for yall to angle.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

this would be fun (esp when someone else is puking)
    . . .

chummers are alway welcome. Are there any skilled operators of frozen drink machines? We have 2 and they need SKILLED operators. Mixology is a science. Anyone opposed to midweek or does it need to be on a weekned. I am extremely flexible.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    chummers are alway welcome. Are there any skilled operators of frozen drink machines? We have 2 and they need SKILLED operators. Mixology is a science. Anyone opposed to midweek or does it need to be on a weekned. I am extremely flexible.
    My schedule around that time frame will probably be really flexible but not 100% until a date is confirmed. I used to tend bar but always hated making frozen drinks though. I could be persuaded to be a booze thrower for the day.

ohh and nihiles... it's not that I am opposed to fishing (I like it), it's just that I haven't done any in a really long time and never out in the ocean. Hence the super jong status.

it was a trick question. I am the only island oasis tech in shop. Hopefully my buddy, who works for island oasis will bring drink mixes, his expertise and his 19ft Mako.

fyi: last time we did one of these a guy who drives a 10,000hp tugboat nearly t-boned a hinckley with a 32 erickson after approx 4 hours of island Oasis.

drinking on boats, I'm sold. Weekends only for me though.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

i may be interested in this, if only to push nihiles off the boat after he's too drunk to swim

I'm in. I'm out of the Bev/Salem area too. Should have access to at least one boat.
    on the send bus to gnar town

possible dates 18,19 Sept and 2,3,9,10 Oct. Spriped bass should not be an issue these dates but you never know. Could be the TGR freaks meet the Salem Halloween freaks. The floating hot tub is down not sure if we will be spending money for parts. I will investigate in a 2 weeks. Its only a 2 seater anyway. Venue pic can be found in other summit thread.

Gonna be pissah.

@ADVRES: i dont fish. think its kind of stupid but the all day drinking on a wobbly mirror in the sun was always appealing. i also get seasick so ill be chumming up the waters regardless of what im drinking. the reason i am in is because until this knee regrows itself fully i am delegated to 'playing it safe' and other such bullshit. so i need to find new ways to challenge myself and get outside my comfort zone. thus im in.

@1STMATE: ive never been a mixologist but if ADVRES is willing to just point and shout directions ill run that bitching mixer.
    also, my input here is less than primary but since this is in the boston area i vote for october so that i(we) can do double duty and octoberfest in beantown.

@CAPTAIN ANAL: i used to be a really good swimmer and drunken cliff diver back when i was still waterproof. bring it bitch.

all joking aside i am most expendable on this. so if guys dont want a non-fisher, seasick gimp along or if room is an issue feel free to cast me off.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Quote Originally Posted by nihiles View Post
    @ADVRES: i dont fish. think its kind of stupid

all joking aside i am most expendable on this. so if guys dont want a non-fisher, seasick gimp along or if room is an issue feel free to cast me off.
    I am sure the guys won't mind having you...but just out of curiousity...what is someone that thinks fishing is stupid and doesn't fish doing in the fishing forum and why are you replying to fishing threads?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Just got word from ground zero in the GOM the Salem harbor floating house is 100%. There will be plenty of room and a good spot for those looking to fish less and drink/eat more. We can tie up many 4 boats with room to spare and if ther is a desire, overnight dock space out in the harbor is a non issue. Moorings and launch service are not a problem either. Space could be possibly be setup at Hawthorne Cove Marina or Pickering wharf Marina if anyone wanted that. The employees from those places will eventually find out if a party is going on and show up with weapons/booze so they might as well be helpful. Looking more like early OCT.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I am sure the guys won't mind having you...but just out of curiousity...what is someone that thinks fishing is stupid and doesn't fish doing in the fishing forum and why are you replying to fishing threads?
    i am guessing that nihiles, much like myself, just clicks on 'new posts' and may not have even noticed that this was posted in the fishing forum

BINGO

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Anal View Post
    i am guessing that nihiles, much like myself, just clicks on 'new posts' and may not have even noticed that this was posted in the fishing forum
    im glad you do the same since a worthy foe needs to be equally diabolical and methodical. bond never had any stupid villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Anal View Post
    i may be interested in this, if only to push nihiles off the boat after he's too drunk to swim
    pushing people in is not allowed, falling in however is. I have fallen in and also assisted in one rescue of a overboard drunk at 0200. sorry 2am

venue

view of venue from roof of floating house.