Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ^ that launch is sweet!

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    view of venue from roof of floating house.
    oh fuck yeh.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

the aluminum 'sitka" design does 50 mph. it is "shit we built with our own 2 hands" It may be in the water for rides. classified stories on this craft revealed in person.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    its september and im wondering, is this bitch still going off in october? trying to plan my weekend party trips accordingly. one weekend is already dedicated to ullrfest and theres octoberfestering weekends that also need to be planned. just trying to get a feel...
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

There have been no fish around lately so I have not really been thinking about it. YES I really want to make it happen. I was yesterday zipping around the sound and was thinking how nice it will be out for this(hopefully) It would appear that October 2nd or 9th are the two weekends that would work. I would prefer the 2nd though. what does the collective say?

DEVO, are you available on the 2nd?
    Last edited by 2nd mate; 09-11-2010 at 06:34 AM.

I coach soccer and we have a game at 1:30 on the 2nd and no games on October 9th (that's Columbus Day weekend). If this happens on the 2nd, I just won't be around till the afternoon.
    on the send bus to gnar town

I would be fine with getting a maggot crew together for lunch(and drinks)on the floating house then looking for the fish in the late afternoon/early evening of the 2nd. Also with Halloween crap in full swing by then a night out in Salem could be fun for those who are looking to do so. I will also try to firm up a couple other boats in the next day or two. I am looking to setup my 16ft rhib, a 17 ft whaler and my pals 19ft Mako. Should be plenty of space fro people looking to drink and fish.

I will also likely have use of my father's 22' Grady center for fishing. I'm going to try to get another mag, who's 19' center console is up in Gloucester, to come down in his boat for the day.

Let's hope for a big fall run. We'll have an armada runnin' and gunnin'!

So...Oct. 9th? What part of the world we talking about? southern mass? Where specifically? If I'm going to make it I need to lay some groundwork early with the family...
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

October 9 is the date

October 9 sounds best so unless there are any more issues. October 9 it is.
    Salem MA.
    Oct 2 is too close to my return from Germany and I will probably need a weekend of rest anyway.

Put me down as a maybe.....

I may materialize out of the northern ethers for an event like this -- a relative just moved to the tip of Salem Neck, giving me added incentive to head down there.

so we have
    me
    Devo
    Who else wants to confirm.

If we are getting a bunch of Blow I need to let my guy(Pat) know soon.

fishing and drinking, i'm in...
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Still in a holding pattern on this one, trying to make it happen.
    This guy loves the north shawh, except for the guidos in peabody...

I just got a schoolie today. Not much else around. Hopefully something happens soon with a fall run. Even if there are only a couple of us I am still looking forward to this. I suppose we could all raft up at cocktail cove and drink if there are no fish. Feel free to start hitting me up with any questions or worries via pm or just posting.

This fucking weather sucks.
    вы все все равно скоро сдохнете

I think I may be able to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I may materialize out of the northern ethers for an event like this -- a relative just moved to the tip of Salem Neck, giving me added incentive to head down there.
    the willows? if so I bet my carpenter friend is working on their house.

Shit. Looks like I might be out for this Saturday. Our plans have changed and I might not be able to get out now. I'll check back to see if any plans/times are firmed up here and hopefully I can get out for at least some of it. Any chance people might want to get together for a morning fishing trip?

I hear some rumors of fish up around the Rockport and points north areas. Sporadic blue fish blitzes and some stripers.

seems like there will be a very small number of folks able to make it. I would be all for a early trip if you want to do that jeff. My boat is not great for any kind of cape ann trip so we may have to have you skipper the trip if you can. If there are only a few of us I could let 1 or 2 folks crash at my place to make an early morning thing happen.

Ok, I'll try to figure things out asap. Reports of shad in Manchester harbor the last few days. Fun on light spinning or 4/5wt

Alright, here's the deal. I'm all set for Saturday and have a 22' Grady center console. But I only have the first 2/3 of the day free. So if people still want to get together my offer is, meet in Salem sometime in the morning (either at my boat slip or somewhere else convenient). Head out and fish, eat, throw back a few, etc, etc. If this happens, I'm planning on bringing my 6wt and 9wt fly rods and some light spinning stuff. I have enough light spinning gear for anyone who doesn't have any, and will have some bait rigs in case we need those too. I can realistically take four people (including me) out fishing without getting in each other's way too much.

So let's see if we can get this going, or I'm going trout fishing. Weather for Saturday looks good.

edit: Just talked to the wife. Due to a slight miscommunication, I actually only have until noon.
    Last edited by DEVO; 10-06-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Gah, count me in for a future trip. 2nd mate, if your friend is O'Brien, you're spot on.

I am ready to go early .am. SAT. I will have a 10 wt and 2 8 wt setups ready to fish. I can grab the small boat for launch service or whatever. I will grab beers friday night and booze. Where in Salem is best for you jeff? I can have any and all park at hawthorne cove without fear of towing if that is Kosher and we can ride out to your boat on my small boat.

The floating house is open for drinks and lunch with those who wish to stick around.

Jeff if you want give me a ring when you get a chance. I am available at all times.
    Last edited by 2nd mate; 10-06-2010 at 01:34 PM.