Lost Files - SD Card Recovery

So I took a couple of hundred pictures today and they are gone. Did a pandora file recovery search and it actually found photos from today - the ones I had deleted because they were the suck. So I know I'm not dreaming. The pandora deeps surface scan comes up with deleted files, I need something that will search for all files. Any idea on how to find the files?

Clearly time to throw away this card. Canon T2i. When I stick the card back in the camera it doesn't show shit either. Shows the hundred pictures that were on the card before today, but nothing from today.

Some good stuff today. Pretty bummmmmmmed.

Edit: found the files with CardRecovery. $39 to buy and recover the files.

What can I download to get this done for free, free, free, everyone wants something for free including me? Pandora is sweet for deleted files, but these aren't deleted.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 07-17-2010 at 03:19 PM.

I bought a fancy Sandisk SD card that came with their recovery program. Luckily I've never needed to use it.

What brand card did were you using?

My G11 puts each day in a unique folder. Does your T2i do the same? The fact that all the images from a single day were lost makes me think that the camera didn't setup the folder correctly. If the card were bad wouldn't you loose all the images on the card or just some of the images. I'd hit the Canon forums.

A buddy of mine had problems a few years back with a Panasonic P&S. At first he thought it was the card. It happened a few times with different cards so he decided it was the camera.

The pictures are all on the card. The T2i just creates one folder and stashes all the pictures in that folder. The weird thing is I was going through the pics on the lake, editing them etx, so I knew they were on there but when I got home nothing. The canon file just had the old pics. The card is a SanDisk class 4 that I have been using for a long time on several different cameras (Panasonics before this) and I forgot to format it yesterday morning before using it. Time to upgrade to a Class 6 - which is what the canon specs for the T2i. Hopefully its a card issue and I think it likely is considering the age of the card.

Being the impatient person I am I paid for the cardrecovery this morning and it restored all almost all of the pictures - about five of them were corrupted so they were only partial pics but I took one picture when I got home so that might have been a simple overwrite situation. Pretty slick program that I'll probably be able to use again but I know I could have done it for free if I had half a brain.

If anyone else is looking for a free file recovery program, I used one called zero assumption recovery to recover a bunch of pictures of a USB drive that died on us. Its free to recover pictures, costs to recover any other type of file. worked great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Sand Disk Recovery Pro is the bomb. PM me for a free DL code.

Bump>
    --------------------------

did you try windows disk backup utility? worked for me when my 40D lost some 700 pictures the other day.

like I siad, go with zero assumption recovery. I probably saved the company about $5000 in wages becasue they didn't have to re-take all those pictures. worked perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Bump for relevance

I just bumped a thread on Tech Talk on a similar issue.

Cut & paste of my post in this Category. Soooo desperate.

Bump...that was 2 years ago.

Anything new out there?

My memory card was zapped when my computer crashed during the download. It contained the whole West Virginia drive down for Sandy powder. Day one was on my ski partner laptop at Timberline, but the evening shots and next day at White Grass were lost.

Any pointers, advice, comments, software to try the retrieve most of them. An awesome TR is dependent on it. Thanks.

Madpat, totally pissed by digital technology when stuff like this happens.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...72#post3806672
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Check Sony's photo website, I think they have a free image recovery program. Windows only, though, so I haven't used it.

I've had the same type of issue with one of my external hard drives, although in my case id erased a hard drive after I thought I had moved thousands of photos to my computer. They hadn't moved somehow and have been lost. I've spent a lot of time trying to find a recovery program but it seems most out there are just trials- nothing free. At least for mac, which is what I use..

Hopefully you can find something to help

sent mobilely from an HTC G2
    Huck me a cliff worthy of Mordor. Shred the gnar gnar.

Flickr
    My [Photography] site