Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best Ski Shops in Washington?

Hey guys. I'm looking for the names of the best ski shops in the state of Washington. I'm looking for the shops with the best reputation for great service, who really take care of your needs and wants, who carry quality gear, the kind of place you swing through just to hang out...."mom and pop" type shops or a shop that has two or three locations--one by the mountain, one in the city. Who are the guys doing the best base welds and edge repairs? Who puts a great tune on your ski? Which shop can take care of your park skis and your backcountry powder ski? Where is the best place to spend my money? I'm looking for as much info as you're willing to give.

OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Seattle: Sturtevant's.

Spokane: Sportscreel.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke of Hurl View Post
    Seattle: Sturtevant's.
    uh. no.
    eating and sleeping is serious business

Search...

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90104"]Seattle Ski Shop - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165310"]Seattle ski shops - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134272"]best ski boot shops near seattle - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95289"]Seattle Gear Shops - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy View Post
    Definitely EVO. Got some salomon ghosts fitted and custom footbeds from them when i was visiting seattle this past spring (first boots I've had that don't kill my feet - I attribute it to the good work of the bootfitter at EVO). Great price and great service.

...also doesn't hurt that my girlfriend's best friend has worked there for several years.

Alpine hut in redmond

you writing an article or something?

Pro Ski Service on Aurora near N 90th St.

I am not writing an article, but good thinking. I am however looking for the shops that are getting it done in Washington. I hear what the Seattle folks are putting out there but what about the rest of the state. There has to be some good stuff in other cities. Do most folks buy gear in town or head up to the Mtns for good service and gear. I like I said I'm not talking about the REI or Big Discount Box customers, Im talking about the guys getting it done. The kinda place you would go work, or the place that you love stopping by just to see what new.

I will check out the links and see if that yields what I'm looking for.

Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy View Post
    It's almost a triple rainbow!!!

What does it mean???

Monkey Rides in enumclaw; GRO in Everett

Best Shops and Ski Service

Best Ski Service/tunes Ski repairs
    World Cup Ski Service-- Bellevue WA

Best Boot Work
    Custom Boot Service --Seattle

Best Alpine Ski Shop
    Alpine Hut --Seattle

Best Randonee Shop
    Marmot Mountain Works-- Bellevue WA
    They have been selling Rando gear for years, not a new fad for these guys.

Sturtevant's Ski Mart in Tacoma. I used to shop or hang there there all the time when it was in Puyallup, but they moved to Tacoma after I moved away. 38th st exit on I-5.

Anybody have much experience with Greenwater Skis? I'd mostly heard about their tunes. Not a whole lot of options in the south sound area.

off the baker highway there is a little trailer covered in G3 marketing crap that I was told is "the ski shop" around here. I don't know the name and I haven't checked it out though.

tell me more about this G3 covered trailer. Sounds like it could be worth checking out. Anyone else been there?
    What about shops over by Spokane

its across from the mt. baker ski shop in glacier. the story i was told was that a former glacier ski shop employee had a falling out and and wen't off on his own.... that's all second hand though.

The trailer is Scott's ski service http://www.scottsskiservice.com/, and that story you heard is correct.

His shop isn't much of a shop as it is a tuning/mount place, but he's a cool guy for sure. The guys at Glacier ski shop are also worthy, and it's a shame that small town stuff got in the way but such is life. If I need to buy something I get it at GSS and if I need to have any tuning/mounts done that I don't want to do myself I get Scott to do it. Spread the wealth.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Hugh Conway Guest
    world cup ski service for tunes

for gear - buy online.

for milfs buying shit for bratleigh, chics in tight tees, and douchebags, EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Haha I kinda got that impression too. But I've only been in there a few times and they've always been okay to me.
    eating and sleeping is serious business

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    world cup ski service for tunes

for gear - buy online.

Luckily www.evogear.com is online and they'll match prices for anything anywhere else, but keep in mind you'll miss out on the milfs and chicks in tight tees (and douchebags, I guess) if you buy online from them. There's also a killer (for Seattle, anyways) taco truck just down the street.

Fairhaven Bike and Ski and Backcountry Essentials are probably the most worthy place for mainstream ski stuff in Bellingham. I haven't been into Sportsman Chalet nor Yeager's in a long time but both had their moments in the past.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Anyone know of any good shops near the vancouver/ Portland area? I have not been able to find one... The best one so far that I have found is REI and it's not that great.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    Luckily www.evogear.com is online and they'll match prices for anything anywhere else
    they'll take off 10% or whatever it is for Seattle sales tax?

Seattle Ski & Snowboard (145th or so and Aurora, west side) is much better with special orders, cooler, closer to better taco trucks and closer to City Market for kine beers. Alas, fewer TGR people there

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    It's almost a triple rainbow!!!

What does it mean???
    The world is ending in 2012.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!