Page 83 of 136 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3393
    "The Beach Bum"... not on Netflix but on Hulu. Essentially, it's Fear and Loathing in Key West. Some might say it's Mathew McConaughey simply just playing himself but I think the film reaches beyond that. Can take it at face value or enjoy the movie as something surrealistic over the last hour. Supporting cast with Snoop Dog, Jimmy Buffet, Zac Efron, George Clinton, Isla Fisher, and Martin Lawrence.

The Laundromat is kind of all over the place. Huge cast, solid director, and interesting story, yet the movie fails. It skips through the details that matter, and dwells on things that feel irrelevant. It tries to make a complicated subject entertaining, but ends up being neither entertaining nor particularly informative.

It clearly wants to be the Big Short, but it's a ways off the mark. I'd give it a pass.

The King.

Interesting retelling of Henry V. Without Shakespeare's* jingoism but more modern concerns of leaders motives and going to war over falsehoods.

Highly recommended

*The Falstaff character is particularly interesting twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Thanks for the rec, in this topic and the other one, on Dolemite Is My Name. A mighty fine bags-to-bitches tale. Put your weight on it!!

The End of the F***ing World S2 is out. Shocked they were able to keep it going. S1 was outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The Laundromat is kind of all over the place. Huge cast, solid director, and interesting story, yet the movie fails. It skips through the details that matter, and dwells on things that feel irrelevant. It tries to make a complicated subject entertaining, but ends up being neither entertaining nor particularly informative.

It clearly wants to be the Big Short, but it's a ways off the mark. I'd give it a pass.
    Agreed, but it certainly made me rethink the Panama Papers and intrigued me enough to now search out Secrecy World, on which it was based.

Anyone else watching "Living With Yourself" with Paul Rudd? I've watched seven of the eight episodes. Honestly it's been a bit of a struggle to get through. Not really all that funny and only moderately interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Anyone else watching "Living With Yourself" with Paul Rudd? I've watched seven of the eight episodes. Honestly it's been a bit of a struggle to get through. Not really all that funny and only moderately interesting.
    Good info. Almost waded into that one last night. Perhaps I'll skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Good info. Almost waded into that one last night. Perhaps I'll skip it.
    It has gotten good reviews, though, so maybe I'm the outlier.

“Ad Vitum” is worth a watch.

It’s terrible.

I watched the whole thing and couldn’t tell you what it’s about.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Gave up after 2 episodes. Struggle is accurate.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I liked it, but definitely not what I was expecting

Another vote for 'Dolemite is my Name'. Thought it was over, he was going to go bust, then the ending was so good. Haven't seen a movie that good in a while.

Viva Eddie Murphy! Hope he can make a comeback with non-nutty professor-esq movies. Good to see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    ...Viva Eddie Murphy! Hope he can make a comeback with non-nutty professor-esq movies. Good to see him again.
    Brace yourself!
    While not Nutty Professor, EM's next cinematic venture is Coming To America 2...a sequel that is 32 years after the original!

While I am hella skeptical, at least it's being directed by Craig Brewer, who directed Hustle & Flow and Dolemite Is My Name and at least it's gonna feature Wesley Snipes (who stole every scene he was part of in Dolemite Is My Name)...but other'n that I don't have very high hopes.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Brace yourself!
    While not Nutty Professor, EM's next cinematic venture is Coming To America 2...a sequel that is 32 years after the original!

While I am hella skeptical, at least it's being directed by Craig Brewer, who directed Hustle & Flow and Dolemite Is My Name and at least it's gonna feature Wesley Snipes (who stole every scene he was part of in Dolemite Is My Name)...but other'n that I don't have very high hopes.

Damn,next you'll tell me that they are remaking Trading Places with Dan Akroyd too

The Crown season 3
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    The Crown season 3
    Superb.

IMO this show is right up there with some of the finest TV ever made.

Olivia Coleman is incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Just finished Russian Doll.

I liked it, had some very funny moments, some total mindfuck moments, and some really dark moments. Really well done.

And while there is of course some parallel to Groundhog Day, it's completely different (in style, substance, and even quite different on the basic idea).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

SUPER DARK TIMES

Surreal and macabre high school love triangle with rich layers of subtext and some seriously wigged out violence. Fantastic dialogue coupled with just the right amount of messed-up tweaks on familiar tropes and further enhanced with taut pacing and an hallucinatory sense of paranoia make this a keen viewing experience.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

WTF was that Six Underground movie starring Ryan Reynolds that I just watched?

^^ Michael Bay likes it when you watch him wank.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I need to finish it. Fell asleep at the end. Stoked for the Irishman next.
    Echo in the Canyon was good. The Byrds and stuff

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

I couldn't make it out of the first scene. So much "action" it was fucking boring.

The plot was idiotic, but the mayhem was delirious