Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136
Results 3,376 to 3,396 of 3396
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Thirded on The Gentlemen...and I was skeptical.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    Same here. Really liking it for the humor and great cast.

Scrolled back a bit and didn't see it, but I'm halfway through Tokyo Vice on Max. It's pretty compelling. Great storyline, cinematography, set design, acting, etc. Highly recommend.

https://play.max.com/show/e7d93204-7...1-0566de1180e2

Agree; I'm actually swinging towards the second season is better than the first for its plot/sub-plot development. And I'm also starting to sympathize with Jake a bit.

Looking forward to 3 Body Problem.

Never read the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Looking forward to 3 Body Problem.

Never read the book.
    Me too. Tried the book, but got bored immediately; might have been a translation problem, but it was very flat.

I read the books and the trailer has me confused, hope they don’t fuck this up
    crab in my shoe mouth

My partner and I loved this. Maybe its due to growing up in Australia and craving some of that nostalgic feels that this provides but thought it was very creative, though far fetched at times.

Happy to report that 3 Body Problem is excellent, follows the book really well and they nailed the characters, Da Shi and Wade are just how I pictured them. Hoping they follow up with the Dark Forest and Death’s End
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Happy to report that 3 Body Problem is excellent, follows the book really well and they nailed the characters, Da Shi and Wade are just how I pictured them. Hoping they follow up with the Dark Forest and Death’s End
    Dude... you're a 3body fan? FKNA I love those books.

Dark Forest is absolutely amazing, I am so looking forward to that season. Shits going to get WILD.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Scrolled back a bit and didn't see it, but I'm halfway through Tokyo Vice on Max. It's pretty compelling. Great storyline, cinematography, set design, acting, etc. Highly recommend.

https://play.max.com/show/e7d93204-7...1-0566de1180e2
    This.

Jumped into it last week and have been binging since. Really well done. The lead characters are fantastic.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Have to admit, couldn't finish the first book ....... but like the show a lot! Seems like subsequent seasons are mandatory??
    Definitely have to go back and start reading again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Me too. Tried the book, but got bored immediately; might have been a translation problem, but it was very flat.
    The show can be quite flat, imho.

Something really interesting happens every once in a while but then they go back for yet another 10 mopey minutes with pancreatic cancer guy at the England's crappiest beach house. The show just can't keep up any momentum. Cool ideas but then it's just depressing people talking way too damn much.

Can anyone explain to me why the world's resistance is led by just one old cranky guy, free from any seeming chain of command? Is he the only person who isnt too depressed to fight back? Well thank god for the old fart because if the defense of the world was in the hands of these millennial crybabies, we'd be fucked. Where are the world's militaries? Seems like they'd want a piece of the action.

Why is the world's investigatory apparatus limited to just one chain smoking slob? Why was it necessary that we devote so much time to knowing he's a shitty parent?

How is it that these sophon super computers super snoopers can be on earth for months and not figure out humans are lying shitbags? They have to hear some needle dick reading the Three Little Pigs to figure this out? That's just awful writing, imho.

Still, I give it credit for being the first Chinese scifi I've ever seen that isn't knee slapper cornball shit with incredibly cheap CGI. Its definitely got its interesting moments and some cool ideas.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 03-27-2024 at 03:43 PM.

Damn neckdeep. Just watched the first episode based on some of the hype here. Thought the story had some potential, and seeing GOT actors I enjoyed tickled the nostalgia/familiarity nerve.

Will temper my expectations.

I’ve enjoyed the first episode and a half…

Halfway in to 3 Body Problem and it's the shit! 100% my type of sci-fi show.

Netflix: instaView rec's

I mean the Panama Canal scene alone is worth the watch, they spent some serious coin on this show. Really looking forward to the next season.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I mean the Panama Canal scene alone is worth the watch, they spent some serious coin on this show. Really looking forward to the next season.
    I'll second that. I think they spent half the budget on that sequence.

But, in so many other ways, doesn't it seem like mankind's greatest existential crisis is a wee bit understaffed?

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    I'll second that. I think they spent half the budget on that sequence.

But, in so many other ways, doesn't it seem like mankind's greatest existential crisis is a wee bit understaffed?
    Fair points .....
    Imma assume that the public is not well informed, and things will change come the second season ......?
    The canal scene was indeed tits.
    Nano-fibers: every Ninja's gotta have some.

Seinfeld's latest movie Unfrosted looks like it might be funny. I didn't like his TV show, but I LOL'd during the preview.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Had Seinfeld done anything decent since the show. Coffee talk is super interesting but Bee Movie was awful. Has he had any real hits in the last 25 yrs? I think Bobcat might have been right about him calling him Larry David’s lucky friend!

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Had Seinfeld done anything decent since the show. Coffee talk is super interesting but Bee Movie was awful. Has he had any real hits in the last 25 yrs? I think Bobcat might have been right about him calling him Larry David’s lucky friend!
    I think Bobcat is mostly right. Seinfeld is smart, he knows comedy, and he’s a funny person, but he was never as funny as the show.