Page 2 of 136 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    i got free one month trials. pm if interested.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Watched the 2nd movie of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. It is called The Girl Who Played With Fire. It is good, not as good as the books, as usual.
    It is available on insta view.

Another good one is called Fire on the Mountain- the history of the 10th mtn division.

Lots of great options already mentioned, but two of my favorites have been left off.

Must see:

Cosmos: (all 13 episodes from Carl Sagan). Blow your mind. So nice watching something so inspiring and honest. The series is absolutely amazing (better than any fantasy series) and it's real. There should almost be a Cosmos thread to talk about various thoughts thrown out in the show. I can't help but bring up portions of the show in conversation daily. It makes you think so much. A little about what he explains, but then your mind runs completely wild with the implications.

Invader Zim: Awesome for adults and kids. Crazy funny sci-fi cartoon.

Brothers is good but a bit of a downer.

I was just watching "I'm Still Here" last night on Netflix instaview when "LoopGhost is online" popped up. My gf asked who LoopGhost was. I said the boogey man.

Are you playing Black Ops now, PG?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I enjoyed "Note by Note: The Making of Steinway L1037"
    Its basically a documentary about how they make Steinway Pianos. Sounds really fucking boring but I was fascinated.

Edit: I just added like 20 movies to my instant queue from this thread. So keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I was just watching "I'm Still Here" last night on Netflix instaview when "LoopGhost is online" popped up. My gf asked who LoopGhost was. I said the boogey man.

Are you playing Black Ops now, PG?
    I haven't played a game in a VERY long time. I was staying up till friggen 2AM playing COD - had to quit. I avoided Black Ops mostly because I knew where it would lead...

my buddy who you played COD w/ a few times (ptslopoke1) is highly ranked in Gran Turismo 5. Dude's putting in ridiculous hours and I use him as a cautionary tale.

Watched 2 documentaries the other day...

Restrepo
    Man on Wire

both worth watching.

Other than that... I have been watching topgear and warren miller.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9 View Post

Must see:

Cosmos: (all 13 episodes from Carl Sagan). Blow your mind. So nice watching something so inspiring and honest. The series is absolutely amazing (better than any fantasy series) and it's real. There should almost be a Cosmos thread to talk about various thoughts thrown out in the show. I can't help but bring up portions of the show in conversation daily. It makes you think so much. A little about what he explains, but then your mind runs completely wild with the implications.
    I had to watch the series when it came out on PBS for high school science class. The only thing I remember: BILLIONS AND BILLIONS

http://www.instantwatcher.com

Great site worth checking out that allows you browse streaming titles more efficiently. You can also play or queue these titles directly from this website.

For anime fans: "Moribito" is a great series.

Thankskilling...

it will change your life.
    You should have been here yesterday!

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Bl...637#height1435

this one for wine lovers and non wine lovers alike

my last 2 streaming watches were Defiance and Matchstick Men.

just found out that "Frozen" is on streaming.....can't wait to see that craptastic flic

If you have never seen the show "Party Down," I HIGHLY recommend it. Pure brilliance. Like a cross between 30 Rock and Entourage. I had never heard of it but am now addicted. Unfortunately, like all good shows, it was canceled.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I am deep into Battlestar Galactica, the first season. Too deep to turn back now.
    It is pretty damn good.

Frozen is on netflix now
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

A few days ago on Netflix I watched "A Very Long Engagement," or "Un long dimanche de fiançailles." It's a French film about a soldier and his fiancée in France during and immediately after WWI. Thought it was pretty good. I think WWII eclipsed the first Great War in the media, but there are so many WWI stories that have never been told.

I watched Food Inc last night. Scared the shit outta me.

Also.

La Femme Nakita
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Watched "King of Kong" last night, and thought it was great. Very... interesting glimpse into a world I didn't realize existed. I'd check it out even if you don't play video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Also watched "The Parking Lot Movie" last night. Maybe not as good as King of Kong, but definitely worth the hour of your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Don't know if someone mentioned it already, but "Dear Zachary" is very much worth watching. One of the more moving documentaries that I've seen...ever.

"VBS Guide to Travel" is an entertaining series.

Wish more ESPN docs would be available for streaming.

Dexter

If you dont have showtime like myself the first two seasons are on netflix. Its like watching a 12 hour movie, each episode goes directly into the next one and its quite addicting. Just turned on to it two weeks ago and I'm half way through season 2. Unfortunately season 3 and 4 are not instant yet.

Blue mountain state.

Comedy central series about college football, minus the football and plus the partying. If you like stupid comedy you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by VC View Post
    Beer Wars- Pretty interesting movie about the beer industry
    agreed, though I didn't need more of that "corporate evil is everywhere" taste in my mouth. To be positive, it motivated me to quit drinking shit beer.
    Hillshire Farm is sexy

Grab both cheeks and sink your teeth into the ass of life.