Page 79 of 137 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3407
    Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Just caught Fyre. Holy shit, what a train wreck. Hard to feel too bad for all the douchebags who were pulled in though. BTW a TGR hat at 1:07 - anyone want to fess up?
    Watched this last night and also noticed the hat!

Pretty incredible the similarities between Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos and Billy McFarland of Fyre. Both more or less had a good idea and thought that was enough--somehow everything would just work out. Both had an amazing amount of hubris and the will to lie relentlessly even when it should have been clear they were dead in the water. I'm gonna go with McFarland as the overall bigger douchebag, though.

Season 2 of “The Rain” is out. Starts out pretty slow, then POW, here we go...

The really shitty overdubs are a distraction (are all the female characters voiced by the same actress?), and I suspect the dialog is so cheesy due to translations, but the story keeps me interested.

Shades of Lost, maybe a bit of The Postman, mixed with the post-apocalyptic-movie-of-the-week.

It's fun for a bit.

That reminds me...

Cuckoo is pretty funny and manages to maintain its flow when Andy left after the first season (presumably that's when B99 started)

It's the same kind of absurdist comedy and all the players are pretty damn funny. The first season is the best tho because Andy owns that schtick.

Fat, Salt, Acid, Heat is pretty good if you like eating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Season 2 of “The Rain” is out. Starts out pretty slow, then POW, here we go...

The really shitty overdubs are a distraction (are all the female characters voiced by the same actress?), and I suspect the dialog is so cheesy due to translations, but the story keeps me interested.

Shades of Lost, maybe a bit of The Postman, mixed with the post-apocalyptic-movie-of-the-week.
    I kept getting the Resident Evil vibe. Secret, evil meg-corp trying create a cure all for disease or super soldier that got out of hand and end up destroying the planet. no zombies (but maybe????). I think the story doesn't know where to go, the writers will just wing it if there is more to come.

All American is fucking great. It’s like the Friday Night Lights meets The OC. Then former I liked, the latter I did not, but this series works!

Been binging The Good Place. Great sitcom.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Really, really good. Danson is phenomenal and the seasons keep delivering the smart lulz

Yeah, I really enjoyed that. But bummed that I now have to wait (a long time) for Season 3 to drop on Netflix.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, I really enjoyed that. But bummed that I now have to wait (a long time) for Season 3 to drop on Netflix.
    I'm in that same boat. Might actually be the tipping point for me to get Hulu if it's still on there. Or just start up Kodi again if I can figure out the latest kluges

Just finished "A Futile and Stupid Gesture" last night. Good and funny movie.

2018 sequel to Das Boot is on Hulu now.

Caught the first few episodes - it's definitely not the original but pretty damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Finished both season 1 and 2 of Dark. What a mind trip. Time travel, time loop entanglements. God Particles. People related to each other getting it on. Finding out your child is your parent. /WHOA/ Good/light vs Evil/dark trying to control the time loops (but which is which?). And a possible multiverse to deal with.

The show is German, but is available dubbed. The dubbing isn't very good, but I couldn't watch and read translation for 16 hours. It jumps between multiple families and time periods that are 33 years apart (1953, 1986, 2019, etc). Trying to keep up which child is which teenager is which adult is which old adult and who is related to who takes intense focus. But the story is so well crafted it constantly fits together. It doesn't jump around purposely to confuse the viewer (Westworld).

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Watched this last night and also noticed the hat!

Pretty incredible the similarities between Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos and Billy McFarland of Fyre. Both more or less had a good idea and thought that was enough--somehow everything would just work out. Both had an amazing amount of hubris and the will to lie relentlessly even when it should have been clear they were dead in the water. I'm gonna go with McFarland as the overall bigger douchebag, though.
    I gotta go with Holmes there. McFarland duped a bunch of rich douchebags and investors. Holmes duped people getting blood tests and a bunch of investors.

Both more or less had a good idea and thought that was enough--somehow everything would just work out.

Snake it till you make it! Sometimes I wish I had a little of that in me.

WWII in Color has been good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Aziz Ansari's new special was good. Darker and definitely more real than anything he's done before. I think he's better without the silly stuff--kinda like living a year in a world of shit sobered him up, who'd have guessed? Wasn't really a big fan before but looking forward to more of his stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Aziz Ansari's new special was good. Darker and definitely more real than anything he's done before. I think he's better without the silly stuff--kinda like living a year in a world of shit sobered him up, who'd have guessed? Wasn't really a big fan before but looking forward to more of his stuff now.
    Yup. It was surprisingly good and insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yup. It was surprisingly good and insightful.

I've always found him funny in that awkward silly space, this latest offering had way more mature comedy, with some homages to his older stuff/style. 8.5/10.

I'd actually put this above the last Chris Rock standup and on par with Kevin Hart's last standup.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

The Great Hack about Cambridge Analytica is a good watch and even learned a new term, "persuadables".

Netflix: instaView rec's

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Finished season 2 of OA. My wife had a hard time keeping up. It didn't help that there is something in the presentation and pace of the show that kept putting her to sleep. I learned to accept the silly hand waiving to open portals for inter-dimensional travel. But, another WTF?!?! moment that made absolutely no sense. It was like the show creators said, "I love the idea of a giant octopus in a tank on a stage that wants to talk to the audience, how can we shove this into the show?"
    Watching this now.... you know stories where there’s the fun “and then things got weird!” turning point where the whole storyline descends into batshit cuckoo bird? Feels like we have one every few episodes here. Just keeps ramping up and re-baselining how weird weird can be.

Digging it, though. Can’t wait to see what’s weirder than the fucking octopus.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Been binging The Good Place. Great sitcom.
    Really good! Thanks for the rec

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Watching this now.... you know stories where there’s the fun “and then things got weird!” turning point where the whole storyline descends into batshit cuckoo bird? Feels like we have one every few episodes here. Just keeps ramping up and re-baselining how weird weird can be.

Digging it, though. Can’t wait to see what’s weirder than the fucking octopus.
    Just read, season 3 of OA has been canceled. Well, that should please some of you hand wave haters! :-)

Seriously, thought it had run its course. Not sure how they could have topped what they did in season 2 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Just read, season 3 of OA has been canceled. Well, that should please some of you hand wave haters! :-)

Seriously, thought it had run its course. Not sure how they could have topped what they did in season 2 anyway.
    Wait, I thought NF modus operandi was to cancel shows after the third season...

https://deadline.com/2019/03/netflix...me-1202576297/
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Is there anyway to watch Season 3 of The Good Place without paying NBC $25?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix