Page 76 of 136 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3396
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    The dude that services my well filters is a flat earther. It’s super odd given his choice of profession. He seems to clearly understand how surface water, groundwater, water cycle, well systems, minerals, and contaminants “work.”
    This, mind blown. I've always wanted to meet a flat earther, but I always thought they would be a car dealer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    The dude that services my well filters is a flat earther. It’s super odd given his choice of profession. He seems to clearly understand how surface water, groundwater, water cycle, well systems, minerals, and contaminants “work.”
    Have you ever asked him why the water doesn't just leak out at the edges?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Netflix: instaView rec's

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That thing got ripped in a NYT review.
    Just watch the first scene and if it doesn’t intrigue stop watching

Glad someone else found Chef's Table. Awesome show.

The Dirt is on my list. No cares about how cheesy it is.

I admittedly know nothing about flatearthers, because I am not crazy, but how do they explain sailors that circumnavigate the globe?

I do not want to engage my flat earther well guy. His attitude was, “I debate people about it all the time, and I always win.” I’m not going there. I really appreciate his service. He’s friendly and easy to talk to, but when all he wanted to do was talk about the “lack” of earth curvature at Lake Tahoe, I STFU. i find it super hard to discuss subjects with people who’s ideas make no sense to me, especially if their apparent goal is to “win” the conversation. Maybe when he makes his annual house call, I’ll see if he’s in more of a sharing mood rather than a “winning” mood.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Glad someone else found Chef's Table. Awesome show.

The Dirt is on my list. No cares about how cheesy it is.

I admittedly know nothing about flatearthers, because I am not crazy, but how do they explain sailors that circumnavigate the globe?
    Perhaps the sailors travel in a straight line, but the mass of the earth bends space-time?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The Dirt.

Motley Crue story.

Actually very entertaining. First scene sets the tone.
    Watched about the first 30 min. Wow. That is about the worst acting I've ever seen. Unless the Crue was really that lame IRL, then it was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Perhaps the sailors travel in a straight line, but the mass of the earth bends space-time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple Frontier: garbage. Thought it might be decent since they got Affleck and Oscar Isaac on board. Nope. Those guys were phoning it in, the story is dumb, and no effort is made to deal with all gaping holes in the plot.

The Highwaymen- Kevin Costner an Woody Harrelson chasing Bonnie and Clyde around. Pretty good, worth a watch.

Love Robots and Death.
    Watched a half dozen or so last night - each one is very different but it's a cool premise and I enjoyed most of them. I don't want to commit sacrilege by comparing it to the Twilight Zone, but its got that kinda vibe going on, mixed with a bunch of different animation styles and stories that are across the map, all told in about 15 minutes.

I'm not saying you have to be high to watch it, but it probably helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That thing got ripped in a NYT review.
    I watched it. Pretty awful acting. Real cheesy, but I took it for what it was.
    Those fuckers were insane though.

Our Planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

We’re a bit bummed at my house that they pulled “round planet” for streaming services.

I blame my well guy

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Haha, exactly the same as my household. Of course I missed the first episodes so never got into it but the wife is staying up later than me to watch more episodes now. Yawn.
    This is why as a couple we have never completed a Netflix series together. I will have to go to bed at some point, wife will just roll right through every fucking one of them in a day or two. Quite annoying actually.
    It’s the reason I never finished Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Our Planet.
    Is it good? I saved that thinking it would be good to watch with my 8 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    It’s the reason I never finished Breaking Bad.
    You may have reasons, but they're not good enough. This needs correcting
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Just finished episode 1 of Formula 1: Drive to Survive. Seems well done. (Ed:it’s actually excellent imo)Starting episode 2 right now which is centered on Alonso(this was filmed last year), my favorite driver and my wife’s favorite driver but for different reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Love Robots and Death.
    +1 Damn, it is great! Reminds me of Heavy Metal meets Black Mirror meets Philip K. Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    +1 Damn, it is great! Reminds me of Heavy Metal meets Black Mirror meets Philip K. Dick.
    The Heavy Metal vibe is strong. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    The Heavy Metal vibe is strong. Good stuff!
    Just found this on wikipedia "The series is a re-imagining of Fincher and Miller's long in-development reboot of the 1981 animated sci-fi film Heavy Metal.[5]" I had no idea going into it.

Definitely feels more like the magazine than the 1981 movie.

Star Wars The Last Jedi is not worth watching.

It probably wasn't worth watching in the theater either I imagine.

Umbrella Academy has its corny, plot hole moments but is entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Just finished episode 1 of Formula 1: Drive to Survive. Seems well done. (Ed:it’s actually excellent imo)Starting episode 2 right now which is centered on Alonso(this was filmed last year), my favorite driver and my wife’s favorite driver but for different reasons.

@PNWbrit you seen this? Pretty damn fascinating

Always worth a watch

“So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. There are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls. Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you’ve got your parties mangled up. There’s no pussy here, just a dose that’ll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with ya. The fact that you’ve got ‘Replica’ written down the side of your gun…” (draws his gun) “… and the fact that I’ve got ‘Desert Eagle point five O’ written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now… Fuck off !”

Formula 1: finished the series - it's great. That's coming from someone that doesn't really follow Formula 1.

The Dirt: as has been covered in here, the acting is bad, the writing is bad, and it's pretty cheesy. Still watched the whole thing for some reason.

Highwaymen: solid. Nothing too crazy or particularly unexpected, but it's well done. I thought it was better than the preview led me to expect.