Page 77 of 136 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3393
    “Traitors” is one of the best spy films or series I’ve watched. Right up there with Le Carre. Lots of unexpected turns. Not too implausible for the most part.

“Highwaymen” was solid. Worth watching, even though you know how it ends.

“The OA” season 2 is out. Not sure how I missed season 1, but after some binge watching, I’m up to speed and halfway into season 2. Addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    @PNWbrit you seen this? Pretty damn fascinating

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yep.

Think I posted a link in the f1 thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Is it good? I saved that thinking it would be good to watch with my 8 year old.
    It's very good.

You might not want to watch the walrus scene with an 8 year old though.

Love Death + Robots is one of the better things I've seen Netflix produce. And I say that as someone who generally avoids animated stuff. Out of the 18 episodes, I was kinda meh on 4 or 5 of them. The rest were great.

Admission: I might have binged a wee bit on the F1 series last night.
    Fantastic stuff.

Just finished season 2 of “The OA”. Really good. I’ll refrain from discussing it more to avoid spoilers, but worth watching, especially if you have tinnitus or have fantasies about sea creatures.

Is The OA season 2 filled with silly interpretive dancing? I just finished season one and was all into it until episode six when the prisoners started waiving their arms and wiggling their bodies to bring a fellow prisoner back from the dead. I was, like, WTF?!?!? That was just stupid. The reasoning behind it was just so weak and outlandish. If we were offered some hint of magic, sorcery, or something to explain how/why the "movements" cure the sick and open dimensional portals, I could accept the nonsense and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Is The OA season 2 filled with silly interpretive dancing? I just finished season one and was all into it until episode six when the prisoners started waiving their arms and wiggling their bodies to bring a fellow prisoner back from the dead. I was, like, WTF?!?!? That was just stupid. The reasoning behind it was just so weak and outlandish. If we were offered some hint of magic, sorcery, or something to explain how/why the "movements" cure the sick and open dimensional portals, I could accept the nonsense and enjoy the ride.
    Yeah, lots of that kind of stuff. If anything, the movements become even more mechanical.

OK, it was between this and Traitors....Traitors wins
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    It’s the reason I never finished Breaking Bad.
    You have a hole in your soul that needs filling.

Yeah, I stopped watching at that point, too.

I know that speech, Shredgnar, what's it from?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I know that speech, Shredgnar, what's it from?
    Snatch (on Netflix now. Watched it last night. Still good)

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Concur. Watched it, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and Layer Cake on NF lately. Guy Ritchie films are fun, but I need subtitles to get the most out of them.

They have subtitles for peykish???

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Concur. Watched it, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and Layer Cake on NF lately. Guy Ritchie films are fun, but I need subtitles to get the most out of them.
    Technically Layer Cake isn't Guy Ritchie.

RocknRolla is another pretty swell movie by Guy Ritchey. I have it on DVD. At the end, they promise a sequel, but it has never been made. Lock Stock is probably my favorite of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post

oh yes! was psyched when I stumbled upon it the other.

What are you afraid of, zee germans?
    I ski the east.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    “Traitors” is one of the best spy films or series I’ve watched. Right up there with Le Carre. Lots of unexpected turns. Not too implausible for the most part.

“Highwaymen” was solid. Worth watching, even though you know how it ends.

“The OA” season 2 is out. Not sure how I missed season 1, but after some binge watching, I’m up to speed and halfway into season 2. Addictive.
    OA delivers in season 2. First season left me kinda 'Cool, but wtf?' Season 2 kicks ass.

Quite the opposite for me. I found it similar to the mercaba meditation, the great meditation of the grand masters, so therefore, believable to a larger degree than most. But if you're not into shit like that, I could see it striking you as silly.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    OA delivers in season 2. First season left me kinda 'Cool, but wtf?' Season 2 kicks ass.

Quite the opposite for me. I found it similar to the mercaba meditation, the great meditation of the grand masters, so therefore, believable to a larger degree than most. But if you're not into shit like that, I could see it striking you as silly.
    The way I look at it, if there WERE a mechanism to travel between dimensions, would it be understandable to most people in this dimension? Or would it look odd, and not appear to work?

Cool end to Season 2. Not sure where they can take Season 3, though.

Finished season 2 of OA. My wife had a hard time keeping up. It didn't help that there is something in the presentation and pace of the show that kept putting her to sleep. I learned to accept the silly hand waiving to open portals for inter-dimensional travel. But, another WTF?!?! moment that made absolutely no sense. It was like the show creators said, "I love the idea of a giant octopus in a tank on a stage that wants to talk to the audience, how can we shove this into the show?"

Finished season 2 of OA. My wife had a hard time keeping up. It didn't help that there is something in the presentation and pace of the show that kept putting her to sleep. I learned to accept the silly hand waiving to open portals for inter-dimensional travel. But, another WTF?!?! moment that made absolutely no sense. It was like the show creators said, "I love the idea of a giant octopus in a tank on a stage that wants to talk to the audience, how can we shove this into the show?"
    I had the same experience as your wife, I can't stay awake for a whole episode. I also gave up watching after the octopus scene.

Ya know, after the first season, I feel like I can't trust this show to not build up to an incredibly anti climactic ending. All this sci-fi, hand waving, time travel, alternate universe shit, only to have it come down to a strange, but disappointingly realistic ending where nothing really that cool happens.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I had the same experience as your wife, I can't stay awake for a whole episode. I also gave up watching after the octopus scene.

Ya know, after the first season, I feel like I can't trust this show to not build up to an incredibly anti climactic ending. All this sci-fi, hand waving, time travel, alternate universe shit, only to have it come down to a strange, but disappointingly realistic ending where nothing really that cool happens.
    Love me some OA! Season 2 was just as weird as season 1. The Octopus was super dumb but so is the fucking dance! Very entertaining stuff imho.

Netflix: instaView rec's

The whole octopus thing was just showing that the alternate universes were very very different, and not just alternate histories within our own universe. Makes since within the rules of the show.

I've moved on to Black Summer. Got through 3 eps.
    This does the zombie genre justice. It's everything TWD & FTWD aren't. Gripping & fast pace. No self indulgent melodrama.