Page 111 of 136 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3378
    has dead to me been discussed? about 5 eposisodes in its ok - good show for mixed company. Not something I'da gotten into without the wife.
    "Can't you see..."

I like Dead to Me, but it's not quite sure if it's a comedy or a drama. And it's a little too heavy for me. I love Christina Applegate, and think she's incredible in it, but that's part of what makes it too heavy for me. I'm in the middle of Season 2, but not moving fast/
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    By episode 4 it’s like why am I wasting my time with this crap. For real, it’s not good. If you liked Speed Racer as a kid, maybe you will like it. I hated Speed Racer.
    Speed Racer?! Loved that when I was a kid. I guess I need to watch then.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    By episode 4 it’s like why am I wasting my time with this crap. For real, it’s not good. If you liked Speed Racer as a kid, maybe you will like it. I hated Speed Racer.
    Oh FFS; it's stupid kids for the first 4 epis, kids never contribute anything of worth .... excluding Stewy, who's really hyper-mature adult. Once they skip forward to adulthood, it improves significantly. If nothing else, you will appreciate Jinx's side boob.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I like Dead to Me, but it's not quite sure if it's a comedy or a drama. And it's a little too heavy for me. I love Christina Applegate, and think she's incredible in it, but that's part of what makes it too heavy for me. I'm in the middle of Season 2, but not moving fast/
    Executive produced by the guy that wrote and directed Don't Look Up.

Finished Don't Look Up. Was occasionally more heavy-handed than it needed to be (despite being very much of the over-the-top school of satire, which I thought worked fine), but I really liked it. Lampooned a multitude of deserving targets.

As others noted, the final scene was kind of awesome. Not just for the obvious reasons, but because (SPOILER I guess) the human survival pod seems to have been packed with mostly old people (and looked to me like twice as many men as women, nearly all white), thus, basically, tech exec weirdo guy's cronies wanting to live longer, and not at all prioritizing the success of the species (not that it appears they're going to last more than a day or two in any case).

Stay Close is fucking great. Love me some Harlan Coban. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Added scenes with the playboy bunnies and also a dinner party with a colonial IIRC. Didn't add anything if you ask me. I recommend watching Hearts of Darkness, the documentary on making the movie. Insane behind the scenes stuff.
    X2-saw years ago and remember it as spectacular

any services have now?

Life of a repo man is always intense.

Don’t Look Up catered to the humor I thoroughly enjoy in a movie. It was very well done and the laughter they must of had on the set had the be off the charts fun.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    X2-saw years ago and remember it as spectacular

any services have now?

You can buy "Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse" on Apple iTunes, Google Play Movies, Vudu, Amazon Video, Microsoft Store, YouTube, Redbox, DIRECTV as download or rent it on Apple iTunes, Google Play Movies, Vudu, Amazon Video, Microsoft Store, YouTube, Redbox, DIRECTV online.

Just wrapped up Season 2 of the Witcher. Still fun and all, but I noticed a distinct lack of Yennefer's awesome bewbage. Overall it's like they went from a hard R to a light PG-13. What gives? Wonder why they toned it all down so drastically from one season to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Just wrapped up Season 2 of the Witcher. Still fun and all, but I noticed a distinct lack of Yennefer's awesome bewbage. Overall it's like they went from a hard R to a light PG-13. What gives? Wonder why they toned it all down so drastically from one season to the next.
    Just had this conversation with the wife last night.

Yennifer was a bombshell in first season, 2nd season she’s just regular hot.

Boys, boys boys, ........
    It's all in the amethyst eyes; cleavage is merely an added bonus.

111 pages? I ain't reading all that to see if this was mentioned. Anyways, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Coen brothers 6 stories from the old west. Characters, stories, settings, music. Total fun cowboy fare.

Now I have to go back and see if it was mentioned. Sheesh!

That's the strategy! T&A to reel in the audience then they cut you off.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Sorta like every relationship ever.

Quote Originally Posted by petey_ View Post
    111 pages? I ain't reading all that to see if this was mentioned. Anyways, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Coen brothers 6 stories from the old west. Characters, stories, settings, music. Total fun cowboy fare.

Now I have to go back and see if it was mentioned. Sheesh!
    Excellent yarn spinning in this one.
    A couple if the vignettes (especially the first, are hilarious).

Finished watching Arcane. I can understand why some loved it and can understand why buttah hated it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Season 3 of Afterlife is sublimely awesome. Some of the usual Gervais snark, but the underlying story and sentiments ring true. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Same formula as Game of Thrones. 1st season Kalisi is naked all the time. Once it got popular, Emilia Clarke added a clause that limited her "exposure".

I love The Witcher though. Looking forward to more.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Season 3 of Afterlife is sublimely awesome. Some of the usual Gervais snark, but the underlying story and sentiments ring true. Highly recommended.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

New Ozark out this Friday 1/21

THE BLOCK ISLAND SOUND
    Dead fish. Dead birds. Conspiracy theories.
    A fisherman's family gets sucked into a psychological spiral of mystery and horror in a small vacation town off the coast of Rhode Island.
    Solid pacing, a good cast, and a story filled with enough red herrings to keep you guessing until the final act makes for a taut little genre mashed thriller.

RIYL
    The Vast of Night

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Don't follow this thread but really liked The Trip, a Norwegian Fargo but darker and more bloody but still funny bits
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Agreed, rating it one less thumb up. Pretty sure lack of her magic is punitive for this tragic lack in in S2