Page 75 of 137 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3415
    I keep hearing radio (yeah like the kind in your car) ads for the Umbrella Academy show. They're really pushing that one.

Strange that RT has yet to show any audience ratings - only critics, for Umbrella

Behind The Curve.

The argument for a flat earth.

Paging Spats... to the white phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Behind The Curve.

The argument for a flat earth.

Paging Spats... to the white phone.
    Made it halfway through and couldn’t do it.

I feel like the main guy doesn’t really believe the shit he spews, he just needs the attention and the feeling of being different and he craves the notoriety. Kind of like if Joel Osteen didn’t believe in god and kept up the schtick.

And that crazy bitch. Holy shit. Stage 12 red alert on that psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Made it halfway through and couldn’t do it.

I feel like the main guy doesn’t really believe the shit he spews, he just needs the attention and the feeling of being different and he craves the notoriety. Kind of like if Joel Osteen didn’t believe in god and kept up the schtick.

And that crazy bitch. Holy shit. Stage 12 red alert on that psycho.
    I thought it was an interesting view into delusional self proclaimed discoverers of truths.

And how that feeds their egos, book sales, pod casts or self justification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Machine via bollywood
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

I've never watched any Chef's Tables, even though, I just found out, it just started it's six season. Last night I stumbled on the season trailer, and said, hey, that's Dario Cecchini, the butcher of Panzano. One segment this season is all about him and his restaraunts and butcher shop in Chianti, a place I had the good fortune to visit a few years ago and have my birthday dinner. Very well done, and he's finally portrayed as something much more than a clown, as he has been in other things I have seen and read. God, what a beautiful place. I have to watch more of these. Looks like foodie food for thought.

I started watching "Losers" last night. Through two episodes, I'm not really sure I like the animation parts, but the stories are interesting.
    Last edited by smartyiak; 03-05-2019 at 10:18 AM.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Loved Umbrella Academy.

Netflix aquires 100 Years of Solitude; Marquez's family will produce the series so it should remain faithful to the text.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-n...series-803903/

Seems pretty hard to adapt into a film and do justice to the original. Next they'll be making a movie of Gravity's Rainbow.

Started watching Delhi Crime. Really captivating series, at least for me. Based on a pretty horrendous true crime, but fictionalized. But very realistic in its approach, without glamorization.

It is a great look at what appears to be real Indian life. There are some noticable differences from police procedures in the US. The police can apparently stop and search cars whenever they want. Suspects can refuse to allow victims to identify them. Lights go out in the police station because no ones paid the electric bill.

Some of the imperial structures that were put in place by the British are still in place, but manned by upper class (caste?) Indians. The series delves into the tensions caused by that, as well as the public assumption that the police are corrupt. Well, maybe not so different than the US on that last point.

Good show.

The Dirt.

Motley Crue story.

Actually very entertaining. First scene sets the tone.

I had been hearing good things for a while about the Good Place, but didn't really believe it was that funny being a network show. It is fucking hilarious and smart and TOTALLY absurd surrealist humor. If you like Brooklyn99, you will love this show. I thought the premise would get stale fast, it doesn't. And the characters and supper versatile. Ted Danson reminds you just what a great comedic actor he is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BZTJhMWE4MDUtYTIzYi00M2ZmLThhNjgtZTM2YTY0NDU1NWJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTA5NzQ0MDQ@._V1_.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	4.03 MB 
ID:	276125

This is one of the greatest martial arts films ever made. Its just the cliche "Triad super assassin wants out of the organization and must now kill the entire Triad" story but OMFG. If you claim to have any fondness for the chop socky genre, you must watch this. This film is in the you just have to see it to believe it cateGORY. After this, you'll be like "That John Wick...what a pussy..."

Yeah, no wuxia or stylized wire-fu here...just relentless action. Its an improvised style with an emphasis on pencak silat style striking and using whatever is at hand as a lethal weapon instead of as a comic prop a la Jackie Chan.

Quentin Tarantino wishes he could make something like this but I don't think you can find Hollywood stuntmen who can or will do shit like this.

My apologies if someone already put this one forward but it took me a few months to get around to watching it.

Last edited by neckdeep; 03-27-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I thought it was an interesting view into delusional self proclaimed discoverers of truths.

And how that feeds their egos, book sales, pod casts or self justification.
    I got most of the way through it, I was annoyed that they didn't have a total takedown section where someone who knows something just does a full debunk. For so much of that I feel it sort of validated this minority report, that in this instance shouldn't even exist.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post

Name:	MV5BZTJhMWE4MDUtYTIzYi00M2ZmLThhNjgtZTM2YTY0NDU1NWJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTA5NzQ0MDQ@._V1_.jpg 

This is one of the greatest martial arts films ever made. Its just the cliche "Triad super assassin wants out of the organization and must now kill the entire Triad" story but OMFG. If you claim to have any fondness for the chop socky genre, you must watch this. This film is in the you just have to see it to believe it cateGORY. After this, you'll be like "That John Wick...what a pussy..."

Yeah, no wuxia or stylized wire-fu here...just relentless action. Its an improvised style with an emphasis on pencak silat style striking and using whatever is at hand as a lethal weapon instead of as a comic prop a la Jackie Chan.

Quentin Tarantino wishes he could make something like this but I don't think you can find Hollywood stuntmen who can or will do shit like this.

My apologies if someone already put this one forward but it took me a few months to get around to watching it.

Is it even remotely in the same awesomeness as The Raid and The Raid 2?
    If not, then it won't be worth my time.

PS
    Keanu did a pretty damn good martial arts flick called The Man From Tai Chi. Completely worth checking out.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Okay, I relent.
    I just watched the trailer.
    Plus the director has helmed two other films I have been "dying" to see: Headshot and Killers. Plus the main dude from both The Raid films is in this. Definitely putting on the "to watch immediately" list.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post

Wow.

Don't know if anyone got into The OA when it came out last year but the second season takes the fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Okay, I relent.
    I just watched the trailer.
    Plus the director has helmed two other films I have been "dying" to see: Headshot and Killers. Plus the main dude from both The Raid films is in this. Definitely putting on the "to watch immediately" list.
    You won't regret it. I suggest a drinking game. Have a sip every time someone is killed with an inanimate object repurposed as a weapon. i.e. a knife or ax wouldn't count but slamming someone's head against a wall or table counts for a drink. I lost track of all the various objects used to kill. The rule of Chekhov's Gun applies to everything, pretty much. Basically, if an object is established in a shot, its probably going to be used as a weapon before the scene is over.

The Dirt.

Motley Crue story.

Actually very entertaining. First scene sets the tone.
    That thing got ripped in a NYT review.

Kind of lame but I watch the Great British Baking Show. I kind of like it better than any chef Ramsey product
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Kind of lame but I watch the Great British Baking Show. I kind of like it better than any chef Ramsey product
    My family watches the baking show together. It has been fun. Our 13 yo has been inspired. He has now found joy in cooking. He’s interning now at a fancy dessert bakery. All good.

From what I've read, that's pretty much the basis for the flat earth craze. It started as an internet joke, sheeple ate it up, and attention whores seized on the opportunity.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

The dude that services my well filters is a flat earther. It’s super odd given his choice of profession. He seems to clearly understand how surface water, groundwater, water cycle, well systems, minerals, and contaminants “work.”