Page 116 of 137 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3406
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    This is what they spent it on...

I'm sure a huge chunk of that budget was blown on casting, directing, and LOTS of "padding" ie massively inflated expenses to hook up crony buddies in the studio biz.

And Netflix CEO is all [Surprised Pikachu Face] as he is trying to figure out why the company is not profiting as much this quarter. They're losing subscribers and are tossing around the idea of making up for that with ads and new fees. Sure, NF. That'll work. /S

https://arstechnica.com/information-...y-to-recovery/

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    You know what will bring people back? Ads!

If they put ads in NF I will cancel that second.

NF isn't going to just introduce ads, they will offer a lower tier subscription that has ads, and up the price of the non ad sub by a couple of bucks.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Watched Grey Man last night, review above isn’t wrong. Was slightly better than 6 Underground. I described it to my wife as a mix of John Wick and James Bond w a bit of Bourne mixed in, but worse than all three.

Only redeeming thing was that I could joke w my wife that it was a romcom since it has Ryan Goaling and he was in the notebook.

Rewatching Drive would have been time better spent. Love that movie and Ronin did this plot better by a longshot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Watched Grey Man last night, review above isn’t wrong. Was slightly better than 6 Underground. I described it to my wife as a mix of John Wick and James Bond w a bit of Bourne mixed in, but worse than all three.

Only redeeming thing was that I could joke w my wife that it was a romcom since it has Ryan Goaling and he was in the notebook.

Rewatching Drive would have been time better spent. Love that movie and Ronin did this plot better by a longshot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I find both Gosling and Billy Bob easy to watch, 3 shades of grey for me

Reading the reviews I had very low expectations so I think that helped out. I thought it was fine, but there definitely were some big issues. I really like Ana de Armas, so that was a nice surprise to see her in it.

Dookey didn't tell us Gray Man was a comedy. Between the most fantastically bad mustache since JK Simmons version of J Jonah Jamison, to surviving body beatdowns that would make a Marvel hero blush, I was laughing through the entire movie. My wife was ready to turn it off until she also accepted this was a comedy and then fully enjoyed the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Dookey didn't tell us Gray Man was a comedy. Between the most fantastically bad mustache since JK Simmons version of J Jonah Jamison, to surviving body beatdowns that would make a Marvel hero blush, I was laughing through the entire movie. My wife was ready to turn it off until she also accepted this was a comedy and then fully enjoyed the ride.
    This was how my wife and I came out of it. Evans and Gosling's humor (both individually and together) was the only thing that saved the movie I thought.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'm watching it now. Laughably bad is definitely one description.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I woulda thought at least someone in this crowd would have recommended "How to Change Your Mind." Three episodes in and I think it's great.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I woulda thought at least someone in this crowd would have recommended "How to Change Your Mind." Three episodes in and I think it's great.
    I did back on the 18th. It is pretty good, but FFS Pollan needs to stop calling drugs "plant medicine."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    This was how my wife and I came out of it. Evans and Gosling's humor (both individually and together) was the only thing that saved the movie I thought.
    Agree. Once I figured out it was a farce, it was way more enjoyable.

“Train wreck - Woodstock 99”.

A must see. If you were in your 20’s or low 30’s in 99, it really hits home. I had flashbacks to being at Lallapaloza 92 in MN. I totally forgot him much of a shit show Woodstock 99 was.

This was a good idea and a complete F for planning and execution. An excellent documentary of the whole debacle.

When Korn starts it with that classic intro guitar riff…..look out.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Stranger Things season 4 will win multiple Emmy's. The season is phenomenal, and probably the best so far.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and say that Stranger Things season 4 will win multiple Emmy's. The season is phenomenal, and probably the best so far.

So ..... as someone who lost interest somewhere in the middle of season 2, should I take a second look?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    So ..... as someone who lost interest somewhere in the middle of season 2, should I take a second look?
    That's how I feel. I really enjoyed season 1 and then was like "Yeah. I'm good." Never continued on. I liked the show and all but just haven't found the motivation to keep going. Too much in my queue.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    That's how I feel. I really enjoyed season 1 and then was like "Yeah. I'm good." Never continued on. I liked the show and all but just haven't found the motivation to keep going. Too much in my queue.

Me, 3.
    I watched 1&2 on a NF trial, then didn’t have the service again til this last year.
    I already forgot what happened in 1&2 and kinda don’t feel like re-investing the time to watch em again (I’m also more of a movie guy than a series guy, too).

And don’t even get me started about “too much in my queue”!
    (350 in my NF DVD, 90 in Kanopy, 20 in Hulu, 75 in Prime, 30 in TUBI, 30 or more in Shudder…).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

We’ll hurry up, dookey, and get through that queue; we rely on you for solid reviews!

I was the same way. I would skip season 3, because I can't really remember it. I think that season 4 is the best that the show has offered. Every episode is better than the last, and there is a lot going on with all the characters in all the subplots. Each episode is fairly long though (probably 1:15+/epi.)
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I thought it was pretty OK. But it seems to really glorify the benefits of these drugs without really discussing the downsides of misusing/abusing them very much. It even seems to kinda shrug off the whole microdosing movement, in favor of full doses with guided trips.

I'm not against it at all, but when people who have never done these drugs watch this "Documentary" and immediately think they'll just go buy some LSD and make all their mental health problems go away, it is kinda dangerous.

Big Timber
    As far as reality TV shows go this is pretty good. Wholesome without being boring. No gratuitous violence, sex, or producer-driven confrontation. Just some hard-working and polite Canuck loggers battling mother nature. Central character is a character

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    We’ll hurry up, dookey, and get through that queue; we rely on you for solid reviews!

Has anyone watched Sandman on Netflix yet?.. Good review in the Guardian
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

I'm 4 episodes in and enjoying it, although the silly contest between Morpheus and Morningstar (badly miscast) is just ..... silly.
    Not a fan of Gaiman so this is a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I'm 4 episodes in and enjoying it, although the silly contest between Morpheus and Morningstar (badly miscast) is just ..... silly.
    Not a fan of Gaiman so this is a pleasant surprise.
    I am hit/miss with Gaiman.
    Loved Neverwhere, both the BBC teleplay and the novel.
    I thought Stardust the comic book was meh, but really enjoyed the film.
    I was kinda non-plussed with American Gods the novel and only made it through one episode of the television series.
    I have found his short story collections to be uneven.
    I really enjoyed Good Omens, the novel, but hated the Amazon series.
    I met him once at a book signing and he was cool as hell and I later interviewed him (over the phone) and he was still cool as hell, so I keep checking his stuff out.

That said, I never got sucked up into the Sandman comics, which is what put him on the map.

Is is essential to be familiar with the source material or does the show stand on its own?

Gwendoline Christie was a complete casting failure. She was more wooden than her role in GOT. They should have gotten Tom Ellis, but I guess he would have overwhelmed the placid Tom Sturridge. Maybe a cardboard poster would have worked?
    The back half of the series is just a woke disaster, shoving THE MESSAGE firmly down the viewer's throat.
    Blacks, queers, and assorted weirdos, are good and innocent.
    White people are evil, abusive rednecks, racist criminals, or oblivious