Page 108 of 137 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3406
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    It's live.
    If you expect something to happen, you shouldn’t.
    focus.

Slow burner for sure. I give it a B.

SPOILERS:

It’s a “witness” film. IE, there’s a much darker and deeper story, but we only get to see what the local “witnesses” would see and/or know, and must infer the rest. Like we can only know character’s motivations based on actions, not past emotional damage. Lots of hints throughout, but the ending is still satisfying.

Well acted for sure; the leads are in top form here, subtle yet on point.

The updated Lost in Space has been fairly entertaining. Army of Thieves and Army of the Dead were fun to watch
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

14 Peaks is pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    14 Peaks is pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It is.
    Amazing vistas.
    Fucking knife edge, huge ass peaks to the horizon!

Really liked cowboy bebop. Unique acting. Reminded me a bit of serenity and firefly.

Strangely, almost word for word the same as the anime cowboy bebop; or at least all the anime i could tolerate...the first episode.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

I think it might have been mentioned prior, but I just wrapped up S1 of Black Summer.
    Despite some annoying characters who did some truly dumb shit, the series was surprisingly dark and bleak, especially considering it is an offshoot of Z Nation.
    It's also delivered in a cool manner, breaking each episode up into a series of interconnected vignettes. Plus the directors and writers know a thing or two about pacing (i.e. it's really good).
    Additionally, the effects were pretty decent, especially considering thst it's an Asylum production ( they made their name doing super cheap sci/fi and horror flicks dominated by cheesy CGI which would run on SyFy).
    Just started S2 and I'm all "like WTF?!?"
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

For all you mountain climbing mags or just fans of the mountain in general, watch “14 Peaks: Nothing is impossible”.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    For all you mountain climbing mags or just fans of the mountain in general, watch “14 Peaks: Nothing is impossible”.
    Yeah, that was a really good one. Holy shit.

The Alpinist just showed up on Netflix too

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I will never forget this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    If you expect something to happen, you shouldn’t.
    I watched it last night, great production/ cinematography but when it was over I figured I might have to watch it again to figure out what happened
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Incredible.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The Summit of the Gods
    I am not sure what the deal is with NF and climbing/mountaineering films right now, but I thoroughly enjoyed this elegantly illustrated mystery cloaked in the shadow of Everest.
    It is rendered in this cool neo-anime meets Euro animation style and is well acted, plus contains some edge-of-your-seat action scenes. Also heavy on the philosophical.
    As a former journalist, I dug the photojournalism angle of the story and how the desire to unravel a mystery can be as strong as the pull of a high peak.

For Money Heist fans, the latest installment has been the best. What a great ending.
    For non-Money Heist fans: You should be.

This series ranks right up there with Longmire, The Turn, Peaky Blinders and The Last Kingdom.

The above would be my top 5 Netflix shows
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Love Money Heist as well. Taking my time to watch the series end over a couple of weeks.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Money heist was meh. First season was a struggle, second season barely watchable. slow, pointless, and stupidly unrealistic (even for an over-the-top caper show). I stopped midway. Language dubbing was horrible. So I decided to watch in original Spanish and it was just as bad! If I really missed something in 2nd season or after, please let me know what.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Money heist was meh. First season was a struggle, second season barely watchable. slow, pointless, and stupidly unrealistic (even for an over-the-top caper show). I stopped midway. Language dubbing was horrible. So I decided to watch in original Spanish and it was just as bad! If I really missed something in 2nd season or after, please let me know what.
    You lasted longer than I did!
    I stopped watching after S1 Ep8...

thats ^^ what she said

The big Lebowski is back on Netflix
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

More recommendations for “14 Peaks” and “The Alpinist” from me. Both had stories that were striking, memorable, and featured incredible locations.

Battleship Island
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Nor sure if it's been mentioned but i just watched episode 1 of American Vandal and it was pretty good.

I thought Power of the Dog was intriguing and well done, my girlfriend didn't. Both of us couldn't stand Being the Ricardos and turned it off. Fucking Sorkin. He sucks.

Sorkin's definitely past his prime ( Gonged the Recordos also), but at his peak he had skilz.

I couldn't stand The West Wing, but my ex loved it. Awful script writer. People do not talk like that. Maybe in his head, but, I've never been around that shit. Relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I couldn't stand The West Wing, but my ex loved it. Awful script writer. People do not talk like that. Maybe in his head, but, I've never been around that shit. Relentless.
    People definitely do talk like that (of course it was exaggerated, that's what TV does). Maybe you don't know people like that but I do.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy