Page 104 of 137 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3407
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Sloppy steaks!!!!

Fucking hilarious.
    Glad someone else is watching. This is some of the funniest shit I've ever seen on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I just binged Manifest up to now. For two seasons it's kept me curious.
    It's definitely great fodder for trainer rides.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I just binged Manifest up to now. For two seasons it's kept me curious.
    Does it get better? I couldn’t get past the first episode; terrible dialog and terrible acting, just so cliche’d. Is that intentional? Like “Cabin in the Woods”?

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I am keeping my hopes and expectations low given that I have been burned too many times recently by NF Originals whose trailers kicked ass, but the actual films sucked.

That said, What. A. F$%king. Great. Cast. !!!!!

Heck, the only thing that coulda made the cast better woulda been the inclusion of Bokeem Woodbine...

Wow; you had me at Regina King! And The Duke trailer right behind that looks really good too!

He Never Died
    This is a slow-burn, super low-key horror noir (hoir? norror?) bubbling with some strange undercurrents.
    Henry Rollins is captivating with a stiff, quirky, and bizarre performance as "Jack".
    To say any more would ruin it, but suffice it to say that I was pleasantly surprised.

!!!Spoilers In Trailer @ 1:40!!!
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

The Bar
    Alex de la Iglesias's 2017 offering is a strange and oft times wonderful genre mash-up borrowing familiar tropes from a wide range of material. For the most part it is a chamber/containment comedy/thriller; The ensemble cast finds themselves all in the same bar on a fateful mid-morning in Madrid and, suffice it to say, things don't stay as silky smooth as a macchiato. Nope, they get rough like rotgut liquor.
    de la Iglesia is a strange cinematic beast as his filmography is all over the place, ranging from twisted melodrama to raunch comedy and gonzo horror. This film stays true to his eccentric outlook. The opening sequence alone is worth one's time, but the sheer bravado and diversity of the cast, in regards to characterization and thespian nuance, is fantastic.
    It has a few lulls and hiccups and some of the plot is pretty generic, but it is all delivered with such frenzy and lunacy, that it easily holds one's attention.

In Spanish with subtitles is the way to go, too.

Must of already been mentioned but found "The Spy" really good. Actually hard to watch as guy was james Bond reckless sometimes.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

“High on the Hog.” Have we discussed already?

Cocaine Cowboys.
    swing your fucking sword.

is boring as fuck
    crab in my shoe mouth

The Guest and He Never Died look like wonderful mindless enjoyment.

And The Tomorrow War was indeed better that AoTD.

I'm good with almost anything that has action.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    is boring as fuck
    started off great but the third episode on was pretty bland.
    swing your fucking sword.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    “High on the Hog.” Have we discussed already?
    Couldn't cope with the cry fest

Shame really

Had promise

The Guest and He Never Died look like wonderful mindless enjoyment.

And The Tomorrow War was indeed better that AoTD.

Both The Guest and He Never Died are far from mindless.
    Both are deceptively clever and funny.

But if you want mindless action, give Blood Red Sky a try.
    I, sadly, felt that it was at least an hour too long given the somewhat weak premise. Minor points for largely practical effects, but overall rather tenuous imho.
    It has been blowing up on NF, but methinks that is due to what I call "exotic bias." I feel the average movie watcher is triggered to believe that if a film has subtitles it must be arty and intellectual...
    Blood Red Sky is neither of those things; it is an unashamed B-movie, maybe even a glossy C-movie...
    Last edited by dookey67; 08-14-2021 at 07:35 PM.

See ... now yer jes messing' with us. He Never Died is good, but Henry dragged it down to a D+ - he out woodens Gina Carano.

And Blood Red Sky wasn't mindless. Did it have a few glaring holes? Sure, and let's be honest - all vampire movies are weak in their premise. But a mother's love for her son!?!?!? How dare you!

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    See ... now yer jes messing' with us. He Never Died is good, but Henry dragged it down to a D+ - he out woodens Gina Carano.

And Blood Red Sky wasn't mindless. Did it have a few glaring holes? Sure, and let's be honest - all vampire movies are weak in their premise. But a mother's love for her son!?!?!? How dare you!
    You say "wooden," I say "deadpan." That was part of the shtick of that film...kinda like Jeff Bridges in Starman.

And the kid in BRS is easily in the Top 3 for Most Annoying Kids In Overrated Foreign Horror Films, right behind the little girl in Under the Shadow and the little girl in Train to Busan.

Me, though, I am eagerly awaiting a werewolves on a plane movie; you know somebody has pitched that idea...
    Last edited by dookey67; 08-14-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Ya got me on the kid, but then I think pretty much all children are horrible actors.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    He Never Died
    This is a slow-burn, super low-key horror noir (hoir? norror?) bubbling with some strange undercurrents.
    Henry Rollins is captivating with a stiff, quirky, and bizarre performance as "Jack".
    To say any more would ruin it, but suffice it to say that I was pleasantly surprised.

!!!Spoilers In Trailer @ 1:40!!!
    Breezed past that scores of times but watched on your review and got a lot of good laughs out of Rollins' deadpan character. Great mindless shit to watch for these AQI daze.

Then I saw the post above.

I was good with The Guest, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Does it get better? I couldn’t get past the first episode; terrible dialog and terrible acting, just so cliche’d. Is that intentional? Like “Cabin in the Woods”?
    It flat-out flawed at every level. Like evan said, 'great fodder for trainer rides.'

But I liked it because a friend wrote a book once that was kinda similar in premise... to a small degree. I compared the story structures and the way they differed. Always looking for a new angle in scifi. My friends twist on the plane through time base story was that they went back in time like a hundred million years. They had to land and the brain trust on board figured out how to refine crude oil into jet fuel to attempt to reverse what happened. But it required successive attempts after slowly crawling forward in time. Along the way, people decided to stay in the past. As would transpire, people who got off the plane were historical figures who changed the world in the past we know, ie, the Wright Bros, Einstein, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This is what I was getting at. Hosting your own in-house streaming service costs money. Right now everyone is betting that they'll attract enough subscribers that subscriber revenue minus hosting costs will be more profitable than collecting licensing fees from Netflix, et al., which is basically passive income with no associated costs. You have to figure that for some of these new in-house streaming services that bet isn't going to pay off and they will prove to be less profitable than licensing.
    The bundles are already occurring because they want turnaround on investment costs; which is like haha, cause they've already made the biggest spend, which is production. This will drive down streaming costs overall, further reducing big screen appeal (if there's any left).

Just Another Love Story
    If this is what constitutes a typical Danish love story, wow.
    This is a taught little Nordic noir (would that make it noirdic?) that literally and liberaly ticks off all the classic noir trope boxes and yet still succeeds in delivering an engaging, albeit deja vu laced story, thanks in large part to the actors involved and the director's sense of pacing.
    Things do slip into predictable territory, but half the fun is seeing if the obvious things you pick up on actually come to fruition.

In Danish with subtitles.

What other english speaking treasures have you got, Dooks?
    I'm fried on renting shit scifi on Prime.

What other english speaking treasures have you got, Dooks?
    I'm fried on renting shit scifi on Prime.

Splat,
    Have you checked out either Prospect or I Am Mother?

If you miss the glory days of 80s action cinema, you know, the films of Sly (Cobra), Steven (Above the Law), Arnie (Raw Deal), JCVD (Kickboxer), Dolph (Army of One, and Chuck (Code of Silence), then you might wanna check-out:
    Avengement.
    This Scott Adkins starring ditty is pretty much non-stop pummeling and pugalism in the prison and the pub, with plenty of roundhouse kicks tossed in for good measure. Broken teeth, broken arms, broken pint glasses smashed against faces, sawed-off shotguns to the knees, and more.
    For those outta the loop, Adkins is like a low-end Jason Statham (with a full head of lustrous hair), sadly often resigned to B-and-C-grade direct-to-video action films despite solid turns in big budget fare like Doctor Strange. It's a shame that the film industry doesn't know what to do with him because he kicks ass and can act.

I am not including the trailer as it pretty much spoils the whole film, but if you dig guys brawling and kung fu fighting, all with thick Cockney accents and plenty of beer drinking, plus copious amounts of the ultra-violence inherent in such fare, then this is a glorious throwback to the Golden Era of modern action films.

Netflix: instaView rec's

Watched Avengement last night, it was really good. Thanks dookey
    Last edited by buttahflake; 08-21-2021 at 11:31 AM.
    crab in my shoe mouth