Page 112 of 137 FirstFirst ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3407
    Binged "Archive 81" yesterday almost by accident. It sucked me in and was rather creepy. I'm sure there are a lot of plot holes, but it was a fun watch.

Ozark season 4 starting strong.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I watched a documentary " the Sparks Brothers " last night

I'm not the most woke music aficionado but I am just suprised I had never heard of these guys

I almost thot this was a parody or joke at some point .

which was probably the idea
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Riding the Ozark train the past few days…

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

I'm not the most woke music aficionado but I am just suprised I had never heard of these guys

I have this in my queue.
    Missed it during its short theatrical run.
    Directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Baby Driver).

Sparks are like the most famous non-famous band of all time. Huge cult following. Very popular overseas (Europe).
    I had a buddy in college who loved them. I was deep into rap and prog rock at the time, so dismissed them. They definitely epitomize "art rock."
    They wrote the score for Annette, the weird and wonderful rock opera streaming over on Prime.
    Gonna have to peep this doc soon (and before it leaves NF).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Oh FFS; it's stupid kids for the first 4 epis, kids never contribute anything of worth .... excluding Stewy, who's really hyper-mature adult. Once they skip forward to adulthood, it improves significantly. If nothing else, you will appreciate Jinx's side boob.
    I agree when they jump to grown-ups, the story really ramped up. The emotion and intensity of the characters was impressive. Very well rendered animation and voice acting. The final 15 minutes was a gut punch.

I gave Arcane the bozack months ago.
    I turned off Ep 1 after 3-minutes.
    I found the animation to be bland.
    And I have strong, pleasantly nostalgic memories of Speed Racer, too...

Dookey, stick with it. It is worth it. The first three minutes doesn't encapsulate the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    I gave Arcane the bozack months ago.
    I turned off Ep 1 after 3-minutes.
    I found the animation to be bland.
    And I have strong, pleasantly nostalgic memories of Speed Racer, too...
    Can't really be critical of your reaction - it took me several bouts of I'm-bored-let's-see-if-it's-gotten-an--better restarts, but the Speed Racer thing ......?? Nu-uh.

Aziz Ansari: Nightclub Comedian is a pretty timely set.

Finished Ozark 4 last night, still haven't decided if there's actually a likeable character in that show. Ruth maybe

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    I have this in my queue.
    Missed it during its short theatrical run.
    Directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Baby Driver).

Sparks are like the most famous non-famous band of all time. Huge cult following. Very popular overseas (Europe).
    I had a buddy in college who loved them. I was deep into rap and prog rock at the time, so dismissed them. They definitely epitomize "art rock."
    They wrote the score for Annette, the weird and wonderful rock opera streaming over on Prime.
    Gonna have to peep this doc soon (and before it leaves NF).
    yeah ^^ i had never heard of Sparks in their 50 yr career cuz they just kept missing the mark when it come to runaway fame,

I in fact wondered if this movie was a joke ?

I recognised all the bands who the filmmaker interviewed about the Sparks but not the Sparks WTF ?

In real life they seem pretty normal/ really nice guys, no drug dependancy & their road crews like them

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll keep an eye out for it.

I remember their video with one of the Go-Gos but can’t remember any of their songs.

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Binged "Archive 81" yesterday almost by accident. It sucked me in and was rather creepy. I'm sure there are a lot of plot holes, but it was a fun watch.
    It was good. Super creepy. Took a couple episodes to get good. Then got weird weird weird. Last episode mind of had a lackluster ending though.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Finished Don't Look Up. Was occasionally more heavy-handed than it needed to be (despite being very much of the over-the-top school of satire, which I thought worked fine), but I really liked it. Lampooned a multitude of deserving targets.

As others noted, the final scene was kind of awesome. Not just for the obvious reasons, but because (SPOILER I guess) the human survival pod seems to have been packed with mostly old people (and looked to me like twice as many men as women, nearly all white), thus, basically, tech exec weirdo guy's cronies wanting to live longer, and not at all prioritizing the success of the species (not that it appears they're going to last more than a day or two in any case).

This movie simultaneously made me laugh, furious, depressed and anxious.

I did enjoy the tech weirdo being a combination of all the worst characteristics of Bezos, Musk, Zuckerburg, Theil, etc, cynically extracting wealth with fantastically complicated, poorly implemented solutions while simultaneously planning for their own escape from the hellscape they created (Musk to Mars, the rest to New Zealand https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/h...40775b415af4bf).

enjoyed watching "the ghostwriter" last night and can recommend

a good story & a good cast

" The green book " is recommended,

In the 60's the green book was a book for black people that told them where they could find accommodations in the deep south

Malice in the Palace. Story of the Pacers v Pistons brawl in 2004. As a Pacer fan that was watching the game when it happened it was good to hear the guys talk about it.

That team was stacked to get a Reggie a ring and got derailed that night.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I know it's a few years old now, but just getting into it and I'm impressed. About halfway through the second series now. Highly recommended.
    Great series. They calmed down the relentless plot twists after s1 and it really got better and better. Could have easily enjoyed a couple more seasons of that. Shetland is a good detective show as well but don’t think it’s on NF anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Stay Close is fucking great. Love me some Harlan Coban. Enjoy
    Just started watching this last week. So far-so good.

finished inventing anna last night. Can be tedideus but I find fraud on that scale fascinating. I would never have the balls.
    "Can't you see..."

Sorry To Bother You
    This just popped up on NF.
    I saw it 2x when it was in the theaters back in 2018.
    Written and directed by Boots Riley of the rap group The Coup (check out their first two albums if you are unfamiliar with their music).

Here's what I posted about the film over in the "Ongoing Current Movies In Theaters" thread back on 8/01/18:

SORRY TO BOTHER YOU
    4.5/5

It's like a Terry Gilliam film as filtered through the lens of Spike Lee circa 1987. Or vice versa.
    Absurd.
    Brazen.
    Hilarious.
    In-your-face.
    Plus it contains a wallopping W.T.F.?!?!?!? moment to end all WTF moments (it was like being knocked on your ass sideways after getting smacked in the face with an engorged donkey dick. Literally.)
    It reminded me of Idiocracy, Brazil, Do The Right Thing, and a totally fucked-up Outer Limits episode. Additionally there is a noticeably heavy influence from Michel Gondry, Charlie Kaufmann, and Spike Jonze.
    The film contains blatant nods to Get Out, Gondry, Nickelodeon game shows gone awry, and probably a ton more references that I missed (there is a lot going on in this film in the background, so much so that I plan to see it a second time if I can).

RIYL:
    the early films of Spike Lee (Do The Right Thing, She’s Gotta Have It, etc); the early films of Terry Gilliam (specifically Brazil); the early films of Michel Gondry; pretty much anything that Charlie Kaufman has written; the films fo Mike Judge (specifically Office Space and Idiocracy); the films of Spike Jonez; The Lobster

"What Happened, Miss Simone?"

Interesting and powerful and sad.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy