Page 31 of 137 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    woops, sorry about that . I would have edited my original post but some fucking dummy quoted it!
    you can still edit, then the douche will come back and figure out that he should edit his post.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

spook Guest
    i just watched django unchained. I had read a lot about Tarantino's violent treatment of the subject matter and was curious. in general I find his movies entertaining but I'm not a fan, per se. anyway, I found very little graphic violence with regard to slaves and his usual blood splattering !mostly during the gun battles. the dogs "tearing apart" the slave would be called a flinch in my book given the editing. if he can show bodies exploding from gunfire why not bodies getting ripped apart or graphically tortured? I thought it was a good, not great, flick. I thought waltz was astounding and foxx was excellent. Quentin should could keep himself out of speaking roles.

spook Guest
    i also though dicaprio was mediocre, as usual. plus his voice still cracks like the little kid he is when he tries too heard to play enraged tough guy.

Shut your whore mouth, spook. Wolf of Wall Street was an awesome movie!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

spook Guest
    plus who casts Jonah hill in anything? also thought Samuel l Jackson wasnot at his best and his makeup was awful.

spook Guest
    his voice cracked in wolf of wall street, too. I rarely see his movies but happened to see those two within a couple of days of each other. I though wolf of wall street was a mediocre film by the mostly mediocre scorcese.

spook Guest
    plus tarantino's usual DJ soundtrack bullshit in his movies seemed glaringly out of place in a couple of scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Oculus is a trippy, mostly psychological horror. There's some gore, but a big part of the horror is mindfucking, like in Solaris.
    Good flick, definitely built a sense of dread. Should not watch late on a stormy night
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Still Mine was good, but maybe not as likely to sync with someone in their 20s or 30s.

Whitewash was damned good.

Oh Boy (a/k/a A Coffee in Berlin) isn't bad, sorta like Linklater's Slacker but in Germany speaking German rather than Austin TX speaking blackhole-ite.

Wolf of Wall Street -- Jonah Hill is annoying, Boiler Room was better, but some of the drug-effects bits were pretty good, the lemmon 714 part was fantastic.

Marco Polo = good
    HBO jv, but they are getting there -
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

"Virunga". Holy crap was it good. Best documentary I've seen since "The Act of Killing".

From the looks of things through the eyes of Kundo's director, the ancient Chinese seem to have been the original hipsters.
    and here all this time I thought it was the Japanese, what with the films of Seijun Suzuki and later the films of Beat Takeshi (of which there are a few on NF: Outrage; Outrage: Beyond; Sonatine; Zatoichi)
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    and here all this time I thought it was the Japanese, what with the films of Seijun Suzuki and later the films of Beat Takeshi (of which there are a few on NF: Outrage; Outrage: Beyond; Sonatine; Zatoichi)
    ah I'm just talking about the hipster costumes (mostly this character and his court), and I'm laughing because when I looked on imdb after I posted that comment, I saw it was a Korean movie about a Korean historic period. Chinese what?

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Marco Polo = good
    HBO jv, but they are getting there -
    what I thought best about Marco Polo was the ability to set up the vibe of being in that period. the story got a little too soap opera-like for me as it developed through the first 4 episodes, that's all I watched. I thought it delivered the setting vibe as well as Deadwood did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    "Virunga". Holy crap was it good. Best documentary I've seen since "The Act of Killing".
    Seconded.

as Deadwood did.
    Exact analogy I was thinking of - deadwood was far superior show b/c a lot of the relative unknown actors killed it - AL Swearagen might be one of the best characters in HBO history. And they killed off the one known actor in second episode. MP did do a good job of giving that ad 1200 Mongolia vibe - with so so acting.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Powder Mag 14th annual ski movie of the year Valhalla is now on Netflix. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ska21 View Post
    Powder Mag 14th annual ski movie of the year Valhalla is now on Netflix. Awesome!

Been there for a year

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

The French Minister is funny.

Better Living Through Chemistry was good. Quiet funny at times. Plus, they make fun of road bikers, which is always good.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I think all of Frontline from 2014 is available.

Losing Iraq was interesting. Some very violent, unedited scenes (3 people shot in the head point blank, guy with a RPG getting lit up)
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    I think all of Frontline from 2014 is available.

Losing Iraq was interesting. Some very violent, unedited scenes (3 people shot in the head point blank, guy with a RPG getting lit up)
    Inside North Korea episode very good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Enjoyed Oculus.

The Almighty Johnsons is easily the best soap opera I've watched since that time whilst in London and I binged on The Eastenders when Den Watts returned from the dead...

seriously, though, The Almighty Johnsons is about Norse gods living as mortals in New Zealand. Combine that with a ton of N Zed slang and it's a winner. Sadly, only 1 season on NF (they're already on the 3rd in NZ). Although the show was picked up by Syfy, who is currently showing Season 2.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Better Living Through Chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Marco Polo = good
    I've been on a historical docudrama fix lately. A lot of these aren't Netflix but rather Amazon Prime....I can't really remember which is which:

Deadwood (excellent)
    Rome (excellent)
    Band of Brothers and The Pacific (better than excellent)
    Adams (excellent)
    The History of Us (pure documentary and excellent)
    Vikings (couldn't get past 2nd episode)

plus the movies 300 and Lincoln. Would love more recommendations.