Page 78 of 136 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3396
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I've moved on to Black Summer. Got through 3 eps.
    This does the zombie genre justice. It's everything TWD & FTWD aren't. Gripping & fast pace. No self indulgent melodrama.
    It goes to shit starting around episode 5 I think. Had a bit of a hard time with the first 3 but stuck with it, the only thing that kept me watching after that was the fact that episode length drops to 25ish minutes.
    There's an entire episode dedicated to one random dude getting chased all over by 1 or 2 zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    It goes to shit starting around episode 5 I think. Had a bit of a hard time with the first 3 but stuck with it, the only thing that kept me watching after that was the fact that episode length drops to 25ish minutes.
    There's an entire episode dedicated to one random dude getting chased all over by 1 or 2 zombies.
    This is good to know. I'm 3 episodes in and a bit meh on it. Sounds like I should cut my losses.

^have any of you watched Ravenous, this French-Canadian zombie flick on NF?
    I have heard good things about it.

Also, Cargo.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Anyone mention Murder Mountain yet? Surprised Splat hasn't made a cameo, but I haven't seen all the episodes yet.

Rarely docs so revealing as this.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Anyone mention Murder Mountain yet? Surprised Splat hasn't made a cameo, but I haven't seen all the episodes yet.

Couldn't get through it. Disliked pretty much everyone featured. The craziness of the whole situation in that area was interesting at first, but ultimately the story was character driven and I just didn't really care what the outcome was for any of the people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post

There was some discussion of it several months ago when it first appeared. Not very pleasant, but kind of addictive to watch (if you like those kind of shows).

Netflix: instaView rec's

“Chambers”. Hmm...

Starts out feeling like an “Eyes of Laura Mars” remake, then segues into maybe a modern take on the original “Wicker Man” but without any sense of menace.

Feels really forced and dragged out. Not sure where this is going, but I’m not optimistic.

^i don't know, but Faye Dunaway was crazy hot

Eyes Of Laura Mars.... wow that is a blast from the past. Great movie . Anybody know anything about release dates for Peaky Blinders, the Crown, The Ranch and/or designated survivor?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Couldn't get through it. Disliked pretty much everyone featured. The craziness of the whole situation in that area was interesting at first, but ultimately the story was character driven and I just didn't really care what the outcome was for any of the people involved.
    Agreed. I tried to hang with MM but eventually, it fizzled for me. Got a friend that lives there.

Netflix: instaView rec's

“Chambers” spoilers:

Could have been a taut movie; instead they dragged it out for a season. Horrible acting, bad dialog; so many plot holes (why would anybody have a wine cellar that locks from the outside, thereby trapping the entrant inside? WTF?); what a mess.

The ending actually works better if there is no season two; let imagination direct the next chapter. But they will probably bring a season 2 (Uma Thurman is a producer) and fuck it all up.

Don’t waste your time.
    Last edited by Flyoverland Captive; 05-02-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Lunatics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

The Kominsky Method: Funny as anything. Great cast. Good storyline. This is a good comedy replacement for The Ranch
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

anyone watching Dead to Me? Saw a good review, and my wife liked the trailer, so we're about to jump in.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Im digging it. Hard to classify but really good. Def a good binge choice

I have always had a thing for Christina Applegate. Early on, it was just because Kelly Bundy was hot, but really liked her in some other things. And then her sitcom Up All Night came out while my kiddo was an infant. And while the show wasn't super successful, it was spot fucking on with some of our struggles.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

She's is great in this and I was thinking while watching it that I can't believe this is Kelly Bundy!

Wasn't Will Arnet in that show w her?

Anything I think she is really solid in this new show and shows some real actin skilz

Will Arnett was in that show. It may or may not have been a good show, I honestly can't remember, but it was perfect for my state of mind at the time.

And yeah, she's just really good, underrated.

Anthony Jeselnik: Fire in the Maternity Ward "pretty much the greatest opening joke of all time"

Jeselnick is a treasure. Got a sacred cow? He'll gore it and walk away clean.

thoughts and prayers

That guy is a cold blooded assassin.

The Wandering Earth looks interesting got great reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The Wandering Earth looks interesting got great reviews.
    'Cept from Tipp .......

But he seemed a little discombobulated.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    'Cept from Tipp .......

But he seemed a little discombobulated.
    Gave up after 30 minutes.. maybe the script was better in Mandarin?