Page 55 of 137 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 3407
    coughed all night so i started the hateful eight again. whatever his shortcomings, which uma may still have something to say about, and as graphic as his movies are, tarantino is dialogue driven and it's such a relief in the age of cgi and context-free violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Mrs Danno loves Godless too. We're maybe 2/3 through.

I love how tv these days is total cinematic quality.
    I was wrong, didn't realize it was only 7 episodes, we're done. That was good stuff.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

After seeing several reviews that called “Bright” awful, I took a chance to watch it, if nothing more, to catch some fairy bashing. (No, not that kind, the kind that buzzes around bird feeders.)

To my surprise, I actually liked it. The movie transcends any semblance of plausibility, but that’s par for the course.

So, the critics loved “Last Jedi”, and I thought it was “meh”, and they hated “Bright”, which I liked a lot more. Hmm...

But .... I was a Will Smith apologist up until I saw Bright, no longer. Definitely helped to go in with low expectations
    "Never go with High Expectations" (worse than full retard)

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    After seeing several reviews that called “Bright” awful, I took a chance to watch it, if nothing more, to catch some fairy bashing. (No, not that kind, the kind that buzzes around bird feeders.)

To my surprise, I actually liked it. The movie transcends any semblance of plausibility, but that’s par for the course.

So, the critics loved “Last Jedi”, and I thought it was “meh”, and they hated “Bright”, which I liked a lot more. Hmm...
    I liked Bright. Just heard they are coming out with more. Seems like a series similar to Alien Nation back in the day.

Will Smith's partner makes it good, not Will Smith.

Even with low expectations, I was really unimpressed with Bright. It seems like they planned a series, and Netflix made them turn it into a single movie. I actually thought it was a series, and was dumbfounded when I realized there wasn't a second episode.

The story and characters have huge potential, but two hours wasn't nearly enough to suss it all out. So many holes and WTFs and pointless characters, story lines, and angles.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

+whatever for Ozark

I'm surprised it gets so many negative reviews. Maybe the desire to compare it to Breaking Bad? I really liked it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Watched bright last night. Meh. I was entertained but definitely not high caliber stuff. I like the premise, I mean Bad Boys + Neil Bloomkamp gritty alien scifi + Lord of the Rings universe beings is a good basic idea. Hopefully execution will improve on any sequels.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Been mentioned previously but just got around to watching Icarus. it is a wild documentary. worth a watch

murder on cape cod

Based on a true story. Low budget, mostly shot in P Town. If you're a fan of the cape, worth watching. acting isn't great but not terrible.

better yet, Tough Guys Don't Dance ( I dunno if it's on netflix) but also set in Truro and P Town. well done, dark though. I read the book by Normann Mailer and the movie does it justice. I bought a copy of it years ago. in a box in the basement somewhere.

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman

just came out today. These 2 are great together

https://www.netflix.com/title/80209096

I just watched both Manhunt and Mindhunters in about a week. Both are really solid shows. Looking forward to season 2 of Mindhunters.

The End of the F***ing World. Now this is some dark and funny shit! 3 episodes in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

i thought Brite was great

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post

Watched it last night. So good. Where's the time machine?

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    The End of the F***ing World. Now this is some dark and funny shit! 3 episodes in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Perhaps a little too dark?? Sadistically killing pets and other small creatures is not my idea of funny. Once I got past that though, I've been enjoying it .... so far.

one of the best things i've seen on TV in a long time.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Yeah. That was really good.

Little late to the party but enjoying season 1 of The Crown. My dad being an expat we grew up on Masterpeice Theatre etc, it takes that to the next level if into that sort of thing.

Wrapping up season 3 of Broadchurch. I was a little skeptical at the start of season 2 but on the whole all three have very good acting. Good show and easy binge

I don't know how this is getting mixed reviews. I thought is was awesome. very unique and well written. critics suck.

I don't know how this is getting mixed reviews. I thought is was awesome. very unique and well written. critics suck.
    It's been getting mixed reviews from many people, not just critics.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Perhaps a little too dark?? Sadistically killing pets and other small creatures is not my idea of funny. Once I got past that though, I've been enjoying it .... so far.
    Wow, ep. 3 took things up a notch. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's been getting mixed reviews from many people, not just critics.
    I can't watch Walking Dead without heckling the drama. Like a soap opera with Zombies.
    I give Bright 4 stars

No mention of Travelers yet. Pretty good. Was expecting some confusing time travel paradox stuff, but it's mostly sticking to action and drama so far. Good stuff.