Page 93 of 137 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3407
    Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Queen Bea Arthur

I'll get my coat

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Magnetic.

A good mix of extreme sports in all its 4K beauty. Surfing. Kite surfing. Sick back country skiing. Helicopter assisted paragliding. Stand up paddle hydrofoil surfing.

Well with the watch.
    Yeah, it was kinda generic, and all over the place, but I liked some of the segments more than others. Seemed like a film fest movie. The speed flying was badass, as it usually is.

I am just finishing Longmire, and am absolutely loving it.
    Sherlock is next.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I know it's been mentioned here already but finally got around to watching "The Platform" ("El Hoyo" en español).

Damn.... Watch if you liked Cube. I enjoyed it, but damn...

Also, if you do watch it, make sure to select the original Spanish audio for it. Don't bother with the English dub.

Netflix is on a comic book based badass femme fatale fighting evil kick:

Damn. These last two chick inflicted sick flicks have my attention.

Really appreciated the "Fucks Given? Nun." in the close of that preview.

Been watching The Dragon Prince. Series made by the creator of Avatar: The Last Airbender (which I posted about before).

Great family stuff, we're all enjoying it. Lots of hidden pop culture references that my kid (and my wife, lol) are missing. And it's a great show for subtle messages of inclusion and diversity. There's a mixed race couple, a same sex couple, the king is black (well, brown), there's a strong character that is deaf, etc. None of this is even mentioned in the show, it's not heavy handed, these things are just part of the universe in which the story unfolds.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Totally rad. This is one of the best adrenaline junkie movies ever! Surfing, skiing, MTB, paragliding, mountaineering. It just doesn't get better.Thierry Donard gets two thumbs way up

Last edited by schindlerpiste; 06-30-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

One season left. A longer one, but it’s coming to an end. So sad, but can’t wait for it.

https://apple.news/AxgKy0VfETW-Kp0pBrtC3sw

Last night I watched the Endless on Netflix. Very Lovecraftian-esque with excellent writing and presentation that kept me utterly riveted from beginning to end. A low budget indie film that kept me glued to the screen far more than any of the copy/paste action stuff Hollywood's been puking out these past few years.

The trailer makes it look more horror than it really is, so don't let it mislead you too much. REALLY enjoyed this one. Can't believe the actors and team are mostly unknown. To me at least. Oh, and the actress who plays Anna, Callie Hernandez, is SO fine. Anyway, here's a sneak peak:

Go check it out.

I started wasting time with Sex Education. Like most tv it’s not good but it is entertaining, and the gf likes it. Of course if it only showed Gillian Anderson in sexy robes for an hour I’d probably still give it five stars.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Last night I watched the Endless on Netflix. Very Lovecraftian-esque with excellent writing and presentation that kept me utterly riveted from beginning to end. A low budget indie film that kept me glued to the screen far more than any of the copy/paste action stuff Hollywood's been puking out these past few years.

The trailer makes it look more horror than it really is, so don't let it mislead you too much. REALLY enjoyed this one. Can't believe the actors and team are mostly unknown. To me at least. Oh, and the actress who plays Anna, Callie Hernandez, is SO fine. Anyway, here's a sneak peak:

Go check it out.
    The writers/directors' first film, Resolution, which ties into this film, is currently streaming on Prime, fwiw...

Also worth tracking down is their film Spring.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

The writers/directors' first film, Resolution, which ties into this film, is currently streaming on Prime, fwiw...

Also worth tracking down is their film Spring.
    Woh! I had no idea it was a sequel! I remember those guys at the cabin! Great scene. Even cooler that they have their own entire film. Added to my Prime watchlist and will watch it stat. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Watched "Her" with Joaquin Phoenix. Movie I've been putting off for years but since it's leaving Netflix later this month I thought I'd finally give it a try. Really interesting film that I enjoyed quite a bit. Typical Spike Jonze yarn so if you like his stuff, you'll like this one. Phoenix was OUTSTANDING in this. Must've been challenging pulling that off while essentially talking to himself during filming.

Back when this came out in 2013, the plot seemed so far fetched but now that we're such big advancements in AI leading up to 2020, now it doesn't seem so outlandish. We definitely have the earbuds. Heck, the real ones these days are even smaller. The way people were all going around just jabbering to their in-ear buds has already become a reality. Still a bit crazy, but perhaps less so these days which makes the movie that much more interesting to watch in 2020. Give it a shot if you want a quasi-romance film with a VERY unique take.

Edit: One last thing. Scarlett Johansson. Who WOULDN'T fall in love with that voice. Haha. She was fantastic as the voice of Samantha. Truly. Great voice work on her part.
    Last edited by MontuckyFried; 07-04-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Netflix is on a comic book based badass femme fatale fighting evil kick:

A lot of YA syrup to swallow here, but it has it's moments.

Jim Jefferies Intolerant is pretty dam funny.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    13th
    I watched this film last week. I highly recommend it.

This could have been much better but still ok

The Old Guard: super hero boomers. Not super flashy, but I liked it; course I'd watch anything with Charlize and Chiwetel in it. Charlize is no Furiosa in this, but close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    The Old Guard: super hero boomers. Not super flashy, but I liked it; course I'd watch anything with Charlize and Chiwetel in it. Charlize is no Furiosa in this, but close enough.
    Watched it this weekend.....I liked it as well.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Anybody seen the new Netflix original acid documentary? Worth the time?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Anybody seen the new Netflix original acid documentary? Worth the time?
    Watched it. It’s okay. Just really made me want to do more acid.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fuck it List might be the worst movie of a generation. Definitely the worst movie that I’ve sat all the way through. Like a train wreck. Couldn’t look away.

Lenox Hill is a pretty good emotional health care doc, some real fascinating stuff in the neurosurgery realm.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Woh! I had no idea it was a sequel! I remember those guys at the cabin! Great scene. Even cooler that they have their own entire film. Added to my Prime watchlist and will watch it stat. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Thanks for the heads up. Watched this one first and it was a trip. Looking forward to the other one.

Just finished Waco. Pretty decent in an aggro made for tv kinda vibe. Dovetails nicely into this pissed at govt era.

Ufda .....
    Cursed was hugely disappointing; most shows with stupid, immature young people are tough to swallow but this one's criminally bad. Silly characters, weak writing, and over-the-hill Frank Miller. Imma give a 4 on the vomit meter.

Warrior Nun is brilliant in comparison.