Page 8 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Classic Album series is pretty cool. I recently watched Frank Zappa: Apostrophe /Over-Nite Sensation and it was great. Also, Classic Albums: Steely Dan: Aja was amazingly well edited. Search "Classic Album" and there are a lot of great titles.

Edit: This is awesome, Sex Pistols
    http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?m...&trkid=2722743
    I wached Nirvana - nevermind. So good. I will be watching more of these

sent from the future using my mind powers
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Pink Floyd: The Dark Side of the Moon
    http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=60030169

Highly recommended!

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned...

The Wild & Wonderful Whites of West Virginia
    http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Th...?trkid=2361637

Stop what you are doing and watch this shit now!
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

"Buck" was a worthwhile documentary about a horse trainer/whisperer guy.

saved by the bell.
    seriously.

Fire On The Mountain- about the Army's 10th Mountain Division.
    The story of 14,000 skiers, 992 of whom who died, to free Italy from Nazi occupation.
    Impressive as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Classic Album series is pretty cool. I recently watched Frank Zappa: Apostrophe /Over-Nite Sensation and it was great. Also, Classic Albums: Steely Dan: Aja was amazingly well edited. Search "Classic Album" and there are a lot of great titles.
    Love them. I watched the Black Sabbath one then Steely Dan, the two have very different processes. I never know how overly engineered Steely Dan was.

I liked the Dead one also it proved how the Record industry is a scam. The dead did not seem to care about making records. Best part Bob asking for heavy air....it's known as "white noise" now, but at the time it wasn't really used as a concept so the producer/engineer flipped and walked out shaking his head and muttering, "he wants thick air...THICK AIR..."
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Everyday Sunshine: The Story of Fishbone
    http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?m...&trkid=5683703

Thank god for this thread. I'm in the US visiting my folks and they have Netflix online now. I'm really surprised how shitty the search is on it and how limited the selection is. I thought most older moves would be available but I'm having a hard time finding anything decent to watch.

Fwiw - if you are a sci fi fan you might like "skyline". Pretty intense alien invasion movie. Great fx and scary aliens but the ending kinda fizzled. Worth a,watch tho.

Since this seems to be the movie thread, check out Martha Marcy May Marlene. Not sure it's on Instant, but it doesn't matter. STRONG performance from Elizabeth Olsen (yeah, that Full House Elizabeth Olsen). The ending is one of the best I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    STRONG performance from Elizabeth Olsen (yeah, that Full House Elizabeth Olsen).
    The Olsen twins in Full House were Mary-Kate and Ashley. I think Elizabeth is the younger sis.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The Olsen twins in Full House were Mary-Kate and Ashley. I think Elizabeth is the younger sis.
    Shit, you're right. Makes sense now since this Olsen weighs significantly more than 84 lbs and has some curves.

How has Firefly not been mentioned? Best TV show ever (only one season though). I think the follow-up movie Serenity is also available on instant-view.

Also check out:
    White Collar
    Nikita (the show. Not as good as the original movie, but I don't think that's available anymore on instaview)
    How I Met Your Mother

I think the rest of the decent TV shows have been mentioned (The Office, The League, Parks and Rec, etc). They also have the original, British version of The Office, which is pretty funny if you're into British humor. Top Gear is now available too.

ETA (haven't checked which of these were already mentioned):
    Finding Forrester
    Chariots of Fire
    Good Will Hunting
    The Hunt for Red October
    How To Steal A Million
    Big Daddy
    Mr. Deeds
    Hannibal
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    True Grit (original) - actually anything with the Duke (The Longest Day, The Fighting Kentuckian, etc)
    Bones
    Arrested Development (really not a huge fan, but alot of people love the show).
    Cheers
    Top Gun
    A Knight's Tale (cheesy, but not awful)
    Space Cowboys
    Last edited by auvgeek; 06-01-2012 at 02:28 AM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

13 Assassins, Troll Hunter, 9th Company, Outrage, Army of Crime, Dead Snow, Ironclad...
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Second on 9th Company.
    I also really enjoy the show, Damages. Great acting, good plots.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Tell No One: this is hands down one of the greatest thrillers I have seen in the last 10 years. I rarely re-watch movies, and I've watched this one twice. It's a French film with subtitles...SO so Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Tell No One: this is hands down one of the greatest thrillers I have seen in the last 10 years. I rarely re-watch movies, and I've watched this one twice. It's a French film with subtitles...SO so Good.
    SOLID film for sure.... check out post #8.

But yeah, Tell No One is classic film noir. Might have to re-visit it tonight. If you liked that, check out "The Square". Australian movie along the same genre but with more comedic flare. On instant no less: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Th...?trkid=2361637

Another must-watch that will leave your head spinning at the end and wanting a second viewing is "Timescrimes"; Spanish thriller. http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Ti...?trkid=2361637

Watched all 213 episodes of Stargate SG 1. Never saw it when it was on TV.
    Maintained good continuity all the way through, got a little cheesy in the middle and ended nicely.
    In it's own right, I felt it was as good as the Star Wars story.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Nice, have to check that out.
    Watched the new Gaffigan special, "Mr. Universe." It was solid, I suppose. Maybe I'm just tiring of his shtick. A bit more in the way of social commentary, which was appreciated.
    After spending a few weeks in the U.K. I've been hooked on British gangster flicks, but have stumbled upon a few other gems as well. "Five minutes in Heaven" was great. Liam Neeson's IRA revenge flick. Really liked it. After seeing a few Banksy's here and there I went back and watched "Exit Through the Gift Shop." Really interesting, really telling.

Watched Snatch last night. Fucking audio wouldn't sync up. The intertubes tells me this is a recurring problem with Netflix. It's still an awesome movie, even when people's mouths move and the sound doesn't come out until 2 seconds later.

also: fuck netflix.

It was mentioned above, but for the Tarantino fans out there, check out 13 Assassins - directed by the same guy that did Ichi the Killer. Think of this one as the bastard child of Kill Bill and Oldboy. Slow but strong buildup before finishing at the end with a 45-minute fight sequence where 13 samurais take on over 200 soliders.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    It was mentioned above, but for the Tarantino fans out there, check out 13 Assassins - directed by the same guy that did Ichi the Killer. Think of this one as the bastard child of Kill Bill and Oldboy. Slow but strong buildup before finishing at the end with a 45-minute fight sequence where 13 samurais take on over 200 soliders.
    Not nearly as gruesome or sadistic as "Oldboy" (for those turned off by it). Pretty straight forwards stuff. Good flick.

Temple Grandin was an great movie. Claire Danes was amazing.

Highly recommended.

http://www.netflixjunkie.com/2010/11...e-grandin.html

doughboyshredder Guest
    Transsiberian with woody harrelson. Great thriller. Just finished it. I highly recommend it.