Page 73 of 137 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 3411
    Guess I'mma have to re-up my NF streaming...

This just popped up.

From the writer/director of Nightcrawler.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I’ve been streaming Monty Python; I thought I’d seen them all, but wow was I mistaken. So much stuff that never made it to the PBS stuff I watched as a kid, due to nudity, racism, sexism, etc. It doesn’t all hold up after all these years, but damn, it’s funny. So many gay jokes with Graham; was he out then?

GoreTex, Scotchguard, Teflon...we are all fucked. The Devil We Know on Netflix or via the Youtube link below for those w/o a subscription.

Preview

Full Film

Russian Doll.

Give it time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Guess I'mma have to re-up my NF streaming...

This just popped up.

From the writer/director of Nightcrawler.

Just finished it. I quite enjoyed it. Be curious to hear what you think?

Old lady just started Russian Doll as well. I haven't had a real chance to get into it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Just finished it. I quite enjoyed it. Be curious to hear what you think?

Old lady just started Russian Doll as well. I haven't had a real chance to get into it yet.
    Film critic/screenwriter friend of mine down in LA recommended NEON DEMON as a good double-feature with Velvet Buzzsaw, fwiw.

I just read the synopsis of Russian Doll and it sounds an awful lot like Happy Death Day...which was an awful lot like Groundhog Day...

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Film critic/screenwriter friend of mine down in LA recommended NEON DEMON as a good double-feature with Velvet Buzzsaw, fwiw.

I just read the synopsis of Russian Doll and it sounds an awful lot like Happy Death Day...which was an awful lot like Groundhog Day...
    Gonna have to check out velvet buzzsaw. Sounds like something I'll like and my wife will sleep through.

We're a few episodes in to Russian Doll. I was a bit skeptical after the first episode, but it's growing on me. The basic premise is obviously not new. So far it's not all that similar to groundhog day, but tbd where they go with it. It seems like they're trying to be original though, so I'd guess there's gotta be a conscious effort to avoid coming across as blatantly derivative.

yeah, Russian doll does have a Groundhog Day thang, but considerably darker.

Sherlock.

Been watching the last season of this. Benedict Cumberbatch usually irritates the fuck out of me but it's really, really good..
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Sherlock.

Been watching the last season of this. Benedict Cumberbatch usually irritates the fuck out of me but it's really, really good..

Yup, i've been binge watching it.

Not much new, but here are the last 4 or 5 shows that I have seen on Netflix that I would recommend, and haven't been mentioned for awhile here:
    The Ranch
    Sex Education
    The Magicians
    The Last Kingdom
    Bodyguard.

My all*time favorite is Peaky Blinders, which I just rematched.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    My all*time favorite is Peaky Blinders, which I just rematched.
    Who won the first match?

I've never heard of that, but have to check it out, thx.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    GoreTex, Scotchguard, Teflon...we are all fucked. The Devil We Know on Netflix or via the Youtube link below for those w/o a subscription.

Preview

Full Film
    Looks worth watching... my old man was a DuPont lifer. Lots of interesting stories that would confirm this sort of behavior.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Finished sex education and liked it. Pretty straightforward highschool comedy, but it's well done.

Seems like they're setting up for season 2 with the way they left it off, but it kinda feels like they just needed 2-3 more episodes in season 1 to wrap everything up. Wondering if that means that future seasons will feel a bit drawn out.

Hopefully this will reach netflix soon?

Although I think SKY productions often end up being shown by AMC in the states.

The original was superb.

Big-budget TV drama Das Boot expands the scope of the 80s film classic but is equally compelling

and the multilingual, multi-character series has been renewed for a second run before the first has even aired on Sky Atlantic

Back in 1981, an unlikely German-language movie surfaced to break all the rules. Das Boot, following the day-to-day routines of a Second World War U-boat, was then the most expensive feature film to come out of postwar Germany. And it’s now been adapted into one of the country’s most expensive television shows.

A multiple Oscar nominee, the film took us from the bravado of the U-96’s pre-sail celebrations to the stress of cat-and-mouse engagements with Allied vessels in the Atlantic – and the outright terror of depth-charge attacks.

The grimy procedures of the sailors’ jobs and between-battles tedium were recorded in unsparing and claustrophobic close-up. But above all it presented its Kriegsmarine as flesh-and-blood individuals, not the cartoonish tropes that cinema audiences had been used to seeing in American blockbusters, while its anti-war agenda was shockingly conveyed.

It introduced us to a number of Teutonic talents who then hit the big time, from director Wolfgang Petersen (In the Line of Fire, Air Force One) to star Jürgen Prochnow (Dune, Beverley Hills Cop II) and even composer Klaus Doldinger (The NeverEnding Story), whose theme tune is subtly echoed in the new series.

Like the film, the story of the new €26.5 million eight-part series is derived from the books of U-boat veteran Lothar-Günther Buchheim. But the re-Boot is set in the autumn of 1942, months after the film ended, and the drama has been opened out to include the story of the Resistance in France, as well as the journey of the U-612.
    Edit... it appears it will be released by Hulu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Just discovered all the Monty Python lfg

Watched Polar because I was in the mood for a shitty action movie. And that's exactly what it is. Fairly bad, in all of the expected ways.

Has anyone seen HOLD THE DARK?

Directed by Jeremy Saulnier (Green Room; Blue Ruin)...

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Finished sex education and liked it. Pretty straightforward highschool comedy, but it's well done.

Seems like they're setting up for season 2 with the way they left it off, but it kinda feels like they just needed 2-3 more episodes in season 1 to wrap everything up. Wondering if that means that future seasons will feel a bit drawn out.
    I wanna see Jillian Anderson's fun bags.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I wanna see Jillian Anderson's fun bags.
    I want to touch them. And all her other naughty bits as well. I find her incredibly erecting.

Velvet Buzzsaw - meh, thought it was pretty average, not worth the time. Reminded me of an old episode of Friday the 13th:The Series?

Just finished all of Mad Men as I never really watched it all the way through before missing at least the last couple seasons when it was on TV. Definitely worth watching and more interesting catching all the details when watched together in order.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Velvet Buzzsaw - meh, thought it was pretty average, not worth the time. Reminded me of an old episode of Friday the 13th:The Series?

Just finished all of Mad Men as I never really watched it all the way through before missing at least the last couple seasons when it was on TV. Definitely worth watching and more interesting catching all the details when watched together in order.
    Huh, I didn't get that at all. Kinda liked the style and it reminded of the other title Dookey mentioned, "nightcrawler". Never thought I'd like a Jake gyenhall movie but I thought it worked.

Also I pulled up "hold the dark" to check it out...turns out I've watched it. Might've been high. Watching it again but i feel i really enjoyed it.

Netflix: instaView rec's

“Velvet Buzzsaw” seemed kinda pointless. Interesting premise, solid cast, ok story, but ultimately it went nowhere. Like a shitty art project that thinks it’s profound.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    “Velvet Buzzsaw” seemed kinda pointless. Interesting premise, solid cast, ok story, but ultimately it went nowhere. Like a shitty art project that thinks it’s profound.
    I haven't seen it yet, but I know it's meant to be taking the piss out of the pretentious nature of the art world, so perhaps that's the point?

Check out Neon Demon if you get a chance...provided it's on NF.

Has anybody mentioned Medici in this thread? Just finished the first two seasons. I've done a little reading about the family, and the series pretty much represents the actual history. It's a soap opera, for sure, and everyone can be impossibly handsome and beautiful, but, it's fun to watch, and can be used as a study aid of sorts. I got sucked in when I saw that Dustin Hoffman was the grand patriarch of the family, starting the bank. You just have to love a world when daughters were traded like cattle for alliances, and the Pope had a family and loved money and power like the next guy, and Cardinals were wealthier than CEOs.

Season two ended in a really good finale with a ton of blood and guts, and season three, which is in production, will feature Savanarola, who is one of my favorite characters from that history. If I was a actor, I'd die for that role. Can't wait for that finale.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 02-09-2019 at 11:39 PM.