Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Someone mentioned Party Down earlier in the thread. Great show. Sorry it was cancelled. Been watching a bunch of documentaries lately. Saw the Thin Blue Line last night and it was pretty amazing. Blindsight was also really good. It's about a group of blind children that try to climb a part of Everest.

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9 View Post
    I watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last night and followed it up with the The Girl that played with Fire (or was it kicked a wasps nest) tonight. Anyway. I've watched the first two and they're both great. I thought the first was a little better. The second feels like more of a set-up for the third. I'll definitely be watching the third installment soon.
    The third, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is on par with the first- definitely an ok watch.

There is also maybe 6 seasons of Dirty Jobs on there - some of those episodes are pretty decent, too.

The Trailer Park Boys saeson 6 and 7 just came on last week. So now all 7 season are on there and both movies.
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Gonzo. absolute must see!
    Finished watching this last night. Well done, very thorough bio of the Dr.'s life.

Restrepo. Damn.

I've always heard great things about the doc "Man On Wire" but just got around to watching it over the weekend. FUCK it is awesome. If you haven't seen it, definitely put it at the top of your instant queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

I watched "The China Syndrome" over the weekend.Pretty good movie and it will definitely make you think a little about the situation in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    I've always heard great things about the doc "Man On Wire" but just got around to watching it over the weekend. FUCK it is awesome. If you haven't seen it, definitely put it at the top of your instant queue.
    yeah, that was excellent.
    just watched this over the weekend. another great narration by Johnny Depp
    crab in my shoe mouth

If you guys don't watch Bear Gryll's in Man Vs. Wild, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!!!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

"The Other Guys" is cracking me up.

Vice Guide to Travel: Pakistan / Bugaria (8 episodes)
    The Motorcycle Diaries
    Dust to Glory
    Baja 1000 Classic

Kinda been on a motorcycle kick, wanting to buy a KLR. Can't hurt to dream eh? All these are well worth the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    The Motorcycle Diaries
    Dust to Glory
    Baja 1000 Classic

Kinda been on a motorcycle kick, wanting to buy a KLR. Can't hurt to dream eh? All these are well worth the watch.
    You need to watch "On Any Sunday" if you haven't already. Classic.

...and buying a KLR isn't something you should be dreaming about. Just get one!

Yeah, the Liberia one, too. Childhood friend of mine who is now a pediatrician is in Monrovia for a month right now. She just sent out an email, apparently since she arrived, the only full time pediatrician in the whole country just went on vacation, so she is the only one currently in country.

I just saw her parents last week, and let's just say that I didn't recommend The Vice Guide to Travel:Liberia to them. But hey, $2 hookers. What could possibly go wrong?

Mary and Max
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978762/

Awesome, awesome movie. Found this last night via the best of 2000-2009 list on IMDB and was very impressed. Probably one of the best animated movies I've seen. In fact, I'm going to start a separate thread about it.

The Motorcycle Diaries
    Dust to Glory
    Baja 1000 Classic

"One Week" is another decent bike flick.

Marwencol

Quote Originally Posted by BigKuba View Post
    Mary and Max
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978762/

Awesome, awesome movie. Found this last night via the best of 2000-2009 list on IMDB and was very impressed. Probably one of the best animated movies I've seen. In fact, I'm going to start a separate thread about it.

I'll second this. It sat in my queue for awhile, and when I finally gave it a shot I was totally blown away. A thousand times better than I had expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

From the "eat like a predator" thread, Fat Head is really good.

Something Wild (,Melanie Griffith-Jeff Daniels)
    Tender Mercies (Robert Duvall)
    Waterworld (Underrated)
    The Pledge (Jack Nicholson)
    The Road Home (Yimou director. His imagery is second to none).
    Network (I'm as mad as Hell)

Great suggestions

A few I didn't see in here.

+The Worlds Fastest Indian - one of Anthony Hopkins best roles.
    +Nova Series - lots of good stuff in there
    +The Cosmos - Already mentioned. worth mentioning again.
    +On Any Sunday - is in the streaming list and a classic for all two wheel enthusiast. I remember watching this for the first time is probably the reason I like it so much
    +Fisher King - Always liked this flick but its too depressing to own.
    +Penn and Teller, Bullshit - Some are better than others. The early ones are great, but they get a bit over opinionated after a while.

Oh, and should I watch the swedish version of the Girl who...series or wait for the US versions to come out?....already devoured the books.

I started watching a Showtime(?) series called Brotherhood. Pretty good.

Eureka - Recently finished the 3rd season on instant view. Damn good sci-fi-ey show. Few episodes here and there were obvious filler, but still enjoyable.

the have the entire new run of Dr. Who on there , they just put up season 5.

the best part of the Netflix is the access to a ton of tv shows

Quote Originally Posted by crackboy View Post
    the have the entire new run of Dr. Who on there , they just put up season 5.

the best part of the Netflix is the access to a ton of tv shows
    Is Dr. Who worth the watch? I thought the Torchwood series was pretty sweet and apparently its a spin off...

Definitely +1 for Party Down. Its pretty obvious after the first couple of episodes that its not going to go anywhere, but the characters are hilarious and the guest appearances are just as funny.