Page 123 of 137 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3407
    -1 on that shit, I watched 15 minutes of that comic…. Seriously, I’m not taking any recommendations of any of you that thought that guy was funny.

Not even close, 15 minutes wasted.

Bardo was immense. Now that's filmmaking. Wow. Shocking it couldn't find it's way into Best Picture nomination.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    -1 on that shit, I watched 15 minutes of that comic…. Seriously, I’m not taking any recommendations of any of you that thought that guy was funny.

Not even close, 15 minutes wasted.
    I agree, a little funny but not great.

I’ve enjoyed Mike Birbiglia’s more recent stand up specials on Netflix.

He’s got some severe sleep walking condition and has to be tied to his bed at night.

Check him out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

the Hasan Minaj special King's Jester was very funny.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    the Hasan Minaj special King's Jester was very funny.
    Can’t watch him ever again after his Celebrity Jeopardy whack job performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Bardo was immense. Now that's filmmaking. Wow. Shocking it couldn't find it's way into Best Picture nomination.
    Yeah, I agree.
    It’s a shame that All Quiet on the Western Front is nominated for both Best Film and Best International Film as it arguably took up a spot in the latter category (I always feel that it’s kind of lame if a film gets nominated in both those categories…)
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

THE UNKNOWN SAINT
    This is a wonderfully droll comedy from Morocco that is cut from the same cloth as the likes of Down By Law, Box Of Moonlight, and Prince Avalanche.
    It follows the exploits of a number of different people who all converge upon the mausoleum of the titular unknown saint. It also presents a deadpan examination of friendship, community, and to some extent, religion.
    If you dig quirky, low-key comedies, this is a winner.

Cunk in Earth. Borat style mockumentary in 30 minute installments, but the interviewer is a dim northern English woman instead of a Kazakhstan guy.

Watched Korean sci-fi flick, "Jung_E" last night. The first 5 minutes had me thinking it was yet another over the top foreign action flick, but as things were (quickly) revealed and then more so throughout, it was much deeper than that. By Train to Busan director, Yeon Sang-ho. It's just on the good side of mediocre, but I enjoyed it! Worth a watch if you're into foreign sci-fi. Skip if not.

Physical 100. Unsure if this had been mentioned; search function acting up for me.

Korean reality TV. The fittest Koreans incision people from you tube fitness channels to Olympic gold medalist gymnastics to incredible hulk sized prison guards. Contestants compete for a boatload of Won; money, not soup ECRCers.

Not great but pretty interesting nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

THE SEA BEAST
    Perhaps it’s due to my incessant reading of Look Out For Pirates! or the umpteen times I rode the Pirates of the Caribbean adventure at Disneyland as a wee lad, but I’ve always been a sucker for a good pirate movie.
    The Sea Beast is just such a thing. It comes out the gate with one of the most energetic, entertaining, and electric action sequences I’ve seen in quite some time, giving many live action films a run for their money.
    It makes sly nods to Jaws, Alien, and Godzilla, amongst other films, and it played with the pirate and kaiju conventions wonderfully.
    Some may find the anti-war and the questioning of history elements a bit preachy, but I didn’t mind them and actually found myself getting just a tad emotional at the ending.
    All in all it is a rollicking good time that moves along at a nice pace, has some fantastic action set pieces, some cool character design, and just the right amount of spunk and snark.

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    THE SEA BEAST
    Perhaps it’s due to my incessant reading of Look Out For Pirates! or the umpteen times I rode the Pirates of the Caribbean adventure at Disneyland as a wee lad, but I’ve always been a sucker for a good pirate movie.
    The Sea Beast is just such a thing. It comes out the gate with one of the most energetic, entertaining, and electric action sequences I’ve seen in quite some time, giving many live action films a run for their money.
    It makes sly nods to Jaws, Alien, and Godzilla, amongst other films, and it played with the pirate and kaiju conventions wonderfully.
    Some may find the anti-war and the questioning of history elements a bit preachy, but I didn’t mind them and actually found myself getting just a tad emotional at the ending.
    All in all it is a rollicking good time that moves along at a nice pace, has some fantastic action set pieces, some cool character design, and just the right amount of spunk and snark.

Agreed. Great kids movie that adults will enjoy, too.

New season of “You” is out. Good show.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We Have a Ghost was good.

THE BOXTROLLS
    This is a fantastic stop motion animated film from the folks at Laika.
    Uber cool animation teeming with amazing detail.
    The story is a fractured fairy tale with a villain ripped out of the classic Disney era (1940-50s) and is loaded with wonderful humorous touches.

“Inside Man” is fantastic.

A simple misguided decision snowballs into a clusterfuck of events, where every attempt to fix things just makes them much much worse. Great acting all around; Tucci is excellent, as usual.

Agree; seems like Tucci is at his best when he plays bad/evil guy, although one could certainly argue he's an unusual, semi-good bad guy in this.

His best villain role was Morty in Undercover Blues

Love and Anarchy. Subtitled Swedish comedy series that a mix of "The Office" and "Call My Agent" with a ton of funny and wry sexual brinksmanship. Two seasons are out, third is in the works. We're hooked.

Finally got around to watching "All Quiet on the Western Front" last weekend. I read the novel and watched the excellent 1930 film ages ago, so it was interesting seeing this film's take on it. REALLY well done. One of those movies that sticks with you for a while after viewing. It's not exactly the Feel Good Movie of the Year, so I had to be in the right mood for it. Highly recommended. Trench warfare must've suuuuuuuuuuuucked. Especially when you realize that they only advanced back and forth like just a few miles in total over years. Poor bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Finally got around to watching "All Quiet on the Western Front" last weekend. I read the novel and watched the excellent 1930 film ages ago, so it was interesting seeing this film's take on it. REALLY well done. One of those movies that sticks with you for a while after viewing. It's not exactly the Feel Good Movie of the Year, so I had to be in the right mood for it. Highly recommended. Trench warfare must've suuuuuuuuuuuucked. Especially when you realize that they only advanced back and forth like just a few miles in total over years. Poor bastards.

Hoping to see it next week in the cinema…

Chris Rock was the the edge tonight. One of few comedians left that can go this hard. Wow.

Netflix: instaView rec's

Balls out set by Rock hitting pretty much every third rail available. Loved the line you won’t be telling any of these jokes at work on Monday. It wasn’t his funniest I’ve seen him but man he drops the truth bombs hard. And Will Smith is realllllly regretting that slap now. Holy shit. Loved it. Bummed i couldn’t watch the after show. Hope it’s somewhere on Netflix as well but haven’t found it yet. Overall A material that killed

I turned off Chris Rock after 30 minutes. I'm not a snowflake, I just didn't laugh enough to get to the end.

I then turned on Triangle of Sadness. Very slow burn but the third act is great. The ending if purposefully vague, so be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    ALL QUIET ON YHE WESTERN FRONT
    2 Thumbs Up!
    Easily in the Top 10 of War Movies.
    Much grittier than 1917, but not quite as harrowing as Come and See.
    Beautifully filmed, well acted, and the action sequences are intense. The opening 10-minutes is about some of the best anti-war imagery ever committed to film.
    Intrigued to read the novel and have the 1930 film in my NF DVD queue…