Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Recently watched Alias start to finish. Never had TV when that was a big thang. Loved it.

Watched 1984 as an election year prerequisite.

"bronson."
    about charles bronson, the "most dangerous prisoner in britain." spent something ridiculous like 26 years in solitary. has been called the "clockwork orange of the 21st century" which is pretty damn accurate. kind of a mind fuck. pretty fascinating.
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

On the HK tip:

SPL (also known as Flash Point) - great kung fu/triad flick starring Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung. Kick-ass action and a surprisingly taut story.

Exiled - wonderful twist/adaptation on The Wild Bunch, but put in Hong Kong/Macau circa 1999. Directed by Johnnie To, one of the most prolific and, imho, best HK directors of the past 2 decades. Lots of gun fu and a solid story and acting.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

The Heir Apparent: Largo Winch

I was waiting to be in the mood for a foreign movie and finally got around to it last night. Turns out it's mostly in English, so I felt kinda dumb. But I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Excellent corporate espionage and action flick rolled into one with a good plotline and some twists. Would have been a blockbuster movie if made in Hollywood.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Watched Largo Heir Apparent last evening. Good flick, thanks for the recommendation. Probably the only thing I think Netflix is doing well at this point is having a solid catalogue of foreign films. But the movie was kind of like Bourne/inception plot. A good watch. Like most foreign films, it makes you think and draw your own conclusions. Something amercan modern American movies don't make you do for te most part; everything is handed to the audience more or less. But a solid selection, worth watching.

District B-13 is pretty entertaining. French action flick with some parkour dude.

Been digging on the new Battlestar Galactica. Solid TV sci fi. Firefly is another good cult sci fi option, which I think has already been mentioned.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

first seven seasons of always sunny just went up
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

I went on a serious binge recently whilst house/dog sitting in KB:

Exam
    Great British corporate psychological thriller.

Rubber
    Great, bizarre psuedo serial killer absurdity from France (though the film itself is all in English).

Altered
    a cool, very intriguing sci-fi-meets-redneck thriller from one of the creators of The Blair Witch Project. I've seen all of this director/writer's films and this is the best one of his post-BW era.

Snowman's Land
    Nice modern black comedy noir from Germany.

Thick As Thieves
    Great PoMo noir starring Alec Baldwin and the great Michael Jai White. Very late '80s in feel (it's an early AB vehicle), but MJW kills it.

Rammbock: Berlin Undead
    Pretty solid German zombie flick that's heavy on the drama (felt like an International episode of The Walking Dead).

YellowBrickRoad
    A psychological horror film in the Blair Witch vein. Story borrows a bit from the legendary Roanoke event. Ending is a bit weak, but everything up to that point is pretty solid.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

Art of Flight. Travis Rice snowboard flick. There's some great visuals and good riding.

just got netflix, still on my free trial month. Subscribed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    just got netflix, still on my free trial month. Subscribed.
    It's a pretty insane amount of content for 9 bucks a month. The kids stuff alone makes it worth it for us.

Here's a few more good ones i have watched and or recently re / discovered
    Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale (think Braveheart meets last of the mohicans)...
    Outrage: Yakuza shit...
    Ong Bak 1,2,3 - Muy Thai fighter (Tony Jaa) at his finest

"The Kings Speech" and "The Artist" are up on insta-view. Caught and enjoyed both.

I've been laid up in bed with a fucked up knee the last few days so I caught up on some reading and netflix movie watching.

Get the Gringo: Mel Gibson in a Mexican prison.
    Haywire: Prolly going to watch it again soon... its that good.
    Battle Royale: Japanese Hunger Games... but much mo bettah
    Archer: Watched all episodes of two seasons, one after the other.
    كافر
    (Infidel)

The league seasons 1-3 is available for streaming.

And warrior was a much better movie than expected, worth watching I think.

the ambassador - a danish journalist scams his way into a position as the liberian consul in the central african republic. sort of like a ali g or borat, but seemed more real.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Been loving Sherlock lately.
    Watched Rare Exports pre-Christmas. I know its been recommended here before and I gotta second or third the recommendation.
    Re-watched In the Loop recently. Fucking funny as fuck.
    Tore my hip up pretty good three weeks ago, spent two straight days on the couch seeking solace in a bottle of benzos and the Art of Flight 'making of' series. Idiotic, bro-brah fun. Like $9K in booze and ammo to stave off cabin-fever/weather hold fun.

Breaking Bad series is really good. I'm sure it's been mentioned here probably and I know there is an entire thread dedicated to it.

I watch 2 or 3 episodes every night and I'm hooked. Highly recommend if you haven't checked it out.

does anyone use Amazon Prime streaming? Wondering if one or the other is better. So far I'm not super impressed with netflix. There's lots of stuff that I am sure is good, but I find it difficult to find things, and I find that it is filled with stuff that may be good but not filled with stuff that I know I want to watch, if that makes sense.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

started watching The League, that is damn funny stuff.

The league is hilarious. Raffy is awesome.

Workaholics is funny as all hell

Just finished Walking Dead, pretty good series.

Now I'm starting American Horror Story, has some promise.

The actor who plays Pete on The League looks EXACTLY like younger a BobMc. Truly uncanny resemblance.