WTB: Single Speed Crankset

I need a SS crank. Let me know what you have.

Thanks

Edit: 32T is what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by ACHTUNG; 07-14-2010 at 11:57 AM.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

shitty town bike type, or good mnt bike?. I have the square taper 44T set up from my electra cheap.

good mountain bike type. I should have also mentioned that I'm looking for a 32t.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ACHTUNG View Post
    I need a SS crank. Let me know what you have.

Thanks

Edit: 32T is what I'm looking for.
    How far are you wanting to peg the bling-o-meter?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic View Post
    whadadafuck is that? And how many duckets do you need for them?

They look oh so smoooove...
    Dollar sign that bitch.

NICE! XTR 960

How much you looking for? Is that a ti ring?

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    don't have a set for sale, but if you don't find what you want from the Collective check out the fifteeng cranks from The Hive. I've been very happy with my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ACHTUNG View Post
    whadadafuck is that? And how many duckets do you need for them?

They look oh so smoooove...
    It's a Gen-u-whine Jeff Jones XTR chopped and polished crankset.
    170mm. The ring is a Boone Ti 32 toothy.

Used 2 or 3 times.

$750 clams.

hey ACHTUNG,

you realize that a "singlespeed crankset" is the same crankset as a "multi-geared crankset" with the only difference being that you put ONLY ONE RING on the thing, and the ring has no ramps or pins to help shifting.

you realize that, right?

even the White Industries ENO crankset can be used with gears out back, so there's really no such thing as a "singlespeed crankset." not really.

hell, you probably have a "singlespeed crankset" already.

I thought dedicated (i.e. not triple cranks with 2 rings removed) SS cranksets had a bash guard type reinforcing ring to help spread out the torque load.

Or you could get a track crank; that should be plenty strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I thought dedicated (i.e. not triple cranks with 2 rings removed) SS cranksets had a bash guard type reinforcing ring to help spread out the torque load.
    WTF?

So the "torque load" is stronger when someone's on a "singlespeed crank" than when on a "multi-geared crank"?

How's that work, exactly?

Used 2 or 3 times.

$750 clams.
    Damn, the crank would be worth more than my frame. It's a beauty but my pockets aren't deep enough for your bling.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    WTF?

So the "torque load" is stronger when someone's on a "singlespeed crank" than when on a "multi-geared crank"?

How's that work, exactly?
    Don't tell me that you stand up and pedal as hard on a 3x9 drivetrain bike as you do on a SS. Nobody does; you downshift, it's what all those gears are for.

I have no idea if the advertised additional support on a singlespeed crank actually helps, or if it's just marketing. Dedicated SS cranks are cheap though.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Don't tell me that you stand up and pedal as hard on a 3x9 drivetrain bike as you do on a SS. Nobody does; you downshift, it's what all those gears are for.
    Nobody does?

That's hilarious. I have very strong friends who put lots of torque on the crank no matter which ring they're in. More torque than I do, that's for sure! Whatever amount of torque you want to put out, you can do it regardless of whether your crankset is "singlespeed" or "all mountain" or "xc race ready." You can ride a geared bike like a singlespeed. Just don't shift.

Okay, time-wasting is over. Generally, cranks are NOT made (cast/forged) in two different configurations. They are only set up (assembled) in the different configurations by what rings they get bolted on.

A Truvativ Stylo "singlespeed" crankset is just like the regular Stylo but with one rampless, pinless ring and a bash guard.

A Truvativ Stylo "all mountain" crankset is just like the regular Stylo but with 24 and 36 tooth ramped, pinned rings and a bash guard.

Then there's the regular Stylo with 22t, 32t and 42t ramped, pinned rings. And no bash guard.

Same bottom bracket, same crankarms. Just different rings and possible bash guard.

Jesus, the marketing people really do have a lot of riders gulled, don't they?

Used 2 or 3 times.

$750 clams.
    Only $750? Dude, didn't you pay $1 Million for it?

I'm sure it's hucked a cow carcass, so it's unique in that way.

And to think, I just sold Tyrone a set of those for $125.
    Silly me...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I got up on the wrong side of the bed today and am cranky about everything.

Nobody does?

That's hilarious. I have very strong friends who put lots of torque on the crank no matter which ring they're in. More torque than I do, that's for sure! Whatever amount of torque you want to put out, you can do it regardless of whether your crankset is "singlespeed" or "all mountain" or "xc race ready." You can ride a geared bike like a singlespeed. Just don't shift.

Okay, time-wasting is over. Generally, cranks are NOT made (cast/forged) in two different configurations. They are only set up (assembled) in the different configurations by what rings they get bolted on.

A Truvativ Stylo "singlespeed" crankset is just like the regular Stylo but with one rampless, pinless ring and a bash guard.

A Truvativ Stylo "all mountain" crankset is just like the regular Stylo but with 24 and 36 tooth ramped, pinned rings and a bash guard.

Then there's the regular Stylo with 22t, 32t and 42t ramped, pinned rings. And no bash guard.

Same bottom bracket, same crankarms. Just different rings and possible bash guard.

Jesus, the marketing people really do have a lot of riders gulled, don't they?

ummm...I'm just looking for a crank with a 32t cog on it. I don't have a 3 ringer in my barn that I can modify. So if you have an extra 3 ringer, toss it my way.

oh yeah and I guess I'm going to just have to say, "Shut up Geek"
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Only $750? Dude, didn't you pay $1 Million for it?

I'm sure it's hucked a cow carcass, so it's unique in that way.
    HA!

No cow huckages wiff this one. I actually replaced it from the original build during the first week, because I couldn't run a bash ring with it.

Cow hucking requires some sort of chain protection!

I take everyone too seriously, and end up thinking they're angry and geeky.
    No shit?

HA!

No cow huckages wiff this one. I actually replaced it from the original build during the first week, because I couldn't run a bash ring with it.

Cow hucking requires some sort of chain protection!
    Renegheyd says you are insulting the sacred Hindu cow. He intends to fly to SoCal and show you how to ride rocks while he "rocks the Spitty." Then he's gonna give you suspension tuning tips while doing those HUGE DROPS in your driveway, on the ramps he makes with a brick and a piece of plywood. If you're lucky, he'll bring his USB drive with graphing software, and will show you how to make the graphs on YOUR computer.

Welcome sticky asshole! Can't wait to read your posts in the coming months, hopefully years, and one day ride with you!

Renegheyd says you are insulting the sacred Hindu cow. He intends to fly to SoCal and show you how to ride rocks while he "rocks the Spitty." Then he's gonna give you suspension tuning tips while doing those HUGE DROPS in your driveway, on the ramps he makes with a brick and a piece of plywood. If you're lucky, he'll bring his USB drive with graphing software, and will show you how to make the graphs on YOUR computer.
    Creaky Gonz:

That would actually fulfill one of my lifelong ambitions (riding with all of the Elite Empty Beer personalities).

Speaking of that Schmuck...I see Renephony is now doing his IKE shtick over in the Banshee forum.

Pure comedy.

Sorry for the threadjack, ya'll.
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 07-16-2010 at 07:19 AM.

You could buy my Surly "mr whirly" single speed crankset for $750 and I'll throw in the frame, phil/mavic wheelset, chain, white ind FW, headset, stem, bars, disc brakes, surly bottle opener, and surly chain tensioner for free.

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showt...ighlight=surly

Best thing about this thread is I never knew about the Surly Whirly cranks before.

mmmm 94/58 bcd.

Dear god why did we ever go away from the 5 arm compact design...